It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder OK with FBI Searches of Bookstore, Library Records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Holder OK with FBI Searches of Bookstore, Library Records

rinf.com

At confirmation hearing attorney general nominee voices support for Patriot Act provision authorizing secret FBI searches of reading records.

President-elect Barack Obama’s nominee for attorney general has endorsed an extension of the law that allows federal agents to demand Americans’ library and bookstore records as part of terrorism probes, dismaying a national group of independent booksellers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The right to search or seizure only with a warrant or probable evidence seems like just an obstacle to the Obama administration. The constitution just "is not good enough" for them which is why they support the "Patriot" Act.

I believe Obama will abide by the 100 day rule that Bush followed to some degree to look good. Then he will just push forward more legislation like the Patriot Act that destroys the foundation of our country. Others will judge Obama in the first 100 days while I'll be judging him most carefully what happens in the second 100 days where his true colors will show... after he has "built up political capital to spend".

rinf.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Okay, and what are they going to find?

How many books are there about suicide bombing? About hijacking aircraft?

What are they going to do, come and arrest me because I subscribe to the ideology of Liberty? "Good lord, that man is speaking like Thomas Jefferson, and reading books about individual freedom...better call Obama and let him know."

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Double Eights]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I want the government to know what I read! Maybe then the government will actually learn something! It seems like they could learn a thing or two
. I think the government should know what people are reading for the clear purpose that they tend to be dumber than the mass population as have been shown from their decision making.

top topics

join