It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo Disclosure...eh....who cares?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
First NASA will come forth will their announcement that microbial life has been found elsewhere. At some point following that they will conviently remember that they seem to have evidence indicating intelligent alien life has been visiting our planet. And then for the next several months the media will sensationalize it, market it, and go on endlessly about it from every conceivable angle Then Wal-mart will come out with their whole new "alien" line of clothing and housewares and by the time we finally get officially introduced to our otherworldly neighbors, they will be so "yesterday".

"Been there, done that....ho hum " "Talk to the hand...you know the rest."

Face it ,we are everyone of us manipulated by the media and the marketplace. This will be handled no differently.

[edit on 1/23/2009 by MsSmartypants]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
How about, 'Star Tours.'

A new company will crop up to capitalize on visiting other planets and civilizations. It will be kind of like a Safari, except it will be stupid humans looking at a highly-advanced civilization. So it would be like Giraffes and Zebras in a car, driving through a city, observing humanity in all its glory and splendor.

But yea, honestly, who gives a #. Most people on here know we're not alone, but for the easily-manipulated people it will be a shock, even though it shouldn't be.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had events like, "Meet an Alien." Tickets are $2,000 a piece, have lunch with and ask questions of an alien (assuming they can eat lunch, have a mouth, etc...).

Or, they could march the aliens out on a baseball diamond and have them throw out the first pitch. I bet they are physically weak and wouldn't even manage a 'Bush-Esque' crap toss.

Or, they could open a restaurant called 'Otherworldly Burgers.' It would be like Hooters, except all of the hot chicks on roller skates would be scantily-clad aliens. Specials on saturday, techno dance floor, etc...

I could definitely see it happening...

[edit on 23-1-2009 by JipStix]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Reading your post reminds me of when I was seven years old and my mother bought me a Where's Waldo book.

In one of the page it is a giant space mall full of humans and aliens with stores and movie theaters where one showing human films and the alien audience pointing and laughing at the screen while the other theater shows alien movies with the human audience pointing and laughing at the screen.

Good book. But it says a lot.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Don't forget that they will make the talk show tours like Oprah, Larry King, Maury. And they will wind up getting jobs with Lava Life and 900#'s. There will be human/alien hybrids and their support groups, etc..the list goes on and on...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

Seriously though, Madison Avenue will be orchestrating the whole deal.And I have no doubt someone somewhere is already developing a human/alien marketing manifesto. And for those few who are truly clueless about the existence of aliens...believe me, well before disclosure comes they will be completely indoctrinated. No one will be shocked.
There will be an ongoing gradual indoctrination which in all likelihood is in progress as you read this.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Before you know it they will come out with 'support the aliens' bumper stickers.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Haha! Support the aliens... I'd buy one.

I'm just waiting for Alien lobbying groups, or having alien talking heads on FOX, NBC, ABS, etc...

lol... it's all coming down the road...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I thought they already had a support group.

P-eople
E-thical
T-reatment
A-liens

We will NEVER know the truth of anything.Everything is so twisted and we're fed so much propoganda and disinfo that when we get the truth, we won't/don't believe it.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

The main question should be: Does Barack Obama have a need to know? President Eisenhower was the one who decided even some presidents may not have high enough clearance for everything. Pres Bush I was in charge of the CIA when Pres Carter received his briefing, and he may have decided Mr Carter did not have a need to know since he wished to be open to the American people on such matters.

The government likes its secrets, and this is likely to stay one of them for a very long time.

join