It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to go home!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This may sound a bit odd to some of you, but then again there may be others who feel the same way that I do.
I have never felt like I belonged here on the earth. Its kind of hard to explain really. I feel like I have spent my life searching for a place, the place in which I fit.
It is if something is missing...there is a longing inside of my soul for the place that I seek. It has been there since I was a child.

I hope that someone can perhaps help me to understand this feeling. Although it is hard, I also hope there are others that feel this way.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I feel that I can relate to you. I often feel that I do not belong in this world the way it is. Sometimes I have dreams that show me a place that I cannot understand, the best I can describe it is a a glass bridge that connects all the stars. However I am here now and there's not much really I can do about that. Since I currently have no way of going home as you say, I believe that it is time to make this place a home that I envision.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I have felt that too, quite strongly.

I would reccomend that you concentrate on where you are and what you can do now.

Not to minimize your feelings at all, but I look at it is that everything is a lesson, if you let it be, and you can gain wisdom and insight even from being here.

Besides that you can not go "home" at the moment... short of dying and reincarnating if you beleive in that... I think some of these people who do past-life regressions get so caught up in what they used to be that they miss out in the present.

best regards.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

I have always tried to make the best of this life, as you stated , there isn't much I can do about, and I am relieved that you can relate! Thank you for posting!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Thank you! I do believe that this a learning experience, albeit at times a hard one. I try to face each day with a positive attitude, easier said that done some days, but that helps!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I have an acquaintance who says this a lot. Very similar feelings and story as you describe. So you are not alone. : )

I don't personally feel that way. I feel that I carry my home with me.
Kind of like a turtles shell.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I for one cannot relate. For me i feel like I am destined to die here... but to die for a purpose. Not for religion, Not for fame, but for a cause.

Since a child I've had dreams about being in vast wastelands looking for the "enemy", stitching up my own wounds, darting through alleys and behind dumpsters. I dont know why I have these dreams but I do.

So I am preparing myself.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
reply to post by asmeone2

Thank you! I do believe that this a learning experience, albeit at times a hard one. I try to face each day with a positive attitude, easier said that done some days, but that helps!

Learning to let go is an important part too, do not overlook that.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by n0b0DY
I for one cannot relate. For me i feel like I am destined to die here... but to die for a purpose. Not for religion, Not for fame, but for a cause.

Since a child I've had dreams about being in vast wastelands looking for the "enemy", stitching up my own wounds, darting through alleys and behind dumpsters. I dont know why I have these dreams but I do.

So I am preparing myself.

Hmm, that is another thing i have felt too.

It may be wistful thinking though. I think that everyone wants to die for a purpose, not just by chance or illness.

I used to have dreams where I was outrunning an enemy.

Now I fantasize sometiems about being a sort of rebel, and giving alternative medical care to people who are dined it or if the system crashes after TSHTF, your sentance about stitching your own wounds made me thing of that.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Its not a wanting but from the events in my life it is almost as if I am on that path.

May be the OP would feel the same way, that the circumstances in his/her life have placed that feeling in his/her head.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by n0b0DY

This feeling has been with me for as long as I remember. I really didn't want to share to much, for fear of being judged I guess, but I may as well tell this...I tried to take my own life when I was around 7 or 8 years old...I even wrote a note to my parents in crayon...that is embarassing to me now, but I honestly didn't want to be here. I have learned to put these feelings aside and treat each day as a gift, for I know that it is just that, and I am here for reason, but the feeling is always with me...I love life, let me make that clear, I truly do! But it is like a knowing inside of me, that there is something better...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Hi GN

I can totally relate to your early childhood feelings. The early years are the awkward years when we are adjusting to our new limits. I'm glad that now you know to Celebrate life and that every step forward is a Gift to us. Here's a link from a thread of mine that mentions at the beginning the feelings that you are describing, I hope it lets you know that you're not alone, Ever.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Let's Celebrate Life

STM

[edit on 1/23/2009 by seentoomuch]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

Thank you so much and I will certainly read your thread!
I appreciate your kind words and it is good to know that I am not alone!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

I have felt that too, quite strongly.

I would reccomend that you concentrate on where you are and what you can do now.

Not to minimize your feelings at all, but I look at it is that everything is a lesson, if you let it be, and you can gain wisdom and insight even from being here.

Besides that you can not go "home" at the moment... short of dying and reincarnating if you beleive in that... I think some of these people who do past-life regressions get so caught up in what they used to be that they miss out in the present.

best regards.

You always say pretty much what I was thinking
Well spoken and I agree 100%.

the here and now is a pretty good place to be before going to the here after
Everyone has to start somewhere...if yah think about it everyday is a beginning and hold potential for something amazing...even something small and seemingly insignificant can be an amazing thing!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I too want to go home so badly.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I will go home.

Through a rapture I do buy will occur.

new topics

top topics

join