It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human thief transformed into goat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Human thief transformed into goat

LAGOS, Nigeria – One of Nigeria's biggest daily newspapers reported that police implicated a goat in an attempted automobile theft. In a front-page article on Friday, the Vanguard newspaper said that two men tried to steal a Mazda car two days earlier in Kwara State, with one suspect transforming himself into a goat as vigilantes cornered him.

The paper quoted police spokesman Tunde Mohammed as saying that while one suspect escaped, the other transformed into a goat as he was about to be apprehended.

The newspaper reported that police paraded the goat before journalists, and published a picture of the animal.

Police in the state couldn't immediately be reached for comment
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I really dont know who to believe on this story. It could just be the locals messing around. Also black magic is real and so is white magic. From my experience growing up from a family who did these things. Its real and if you dont know what youre doing you can get hurt.

(visit the link for the full news article)

MOD edit: to remove repeat of text in linked article.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Oh Africa

Never change

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cowboy18o

From my experience growing up from a family who did these things. Its real and if you dont know what youre doing you can get hurt.

Of course you will get hurt if you turn yourself into a goat, you may end up as the main course if you get caught.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cowboy18o

It could be the locals messing around, it could be white or black magic, or it could just be that the local police couldn't be bothered "oh it's tea/home time - let's just parade a goat, make up a cock and bull story, and tell the media that we caught the perp. Lol.
Using a little known tool known as occam's broom, you too can sweep away the detritus of officialdom's bs! I've definately got to get out more! :-)

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cowboy18o

It could be the locals messing around, it could be white or black magic, or it could just be that the local police couldn't be bothered "oh it's tea/home time - let's just parade a goat, make up a cock and bull story, and tell the media that we caught the perp. Lol.
Using a little known tool known as occam's broom, you too can sweep away the detritus of officialdom's bs! I've definately got to get out more! :-)

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cowboy18o

I really dont know who to believe on this story. It could just be the locals messing around. Also black magic is real and so is white magic. From my experience growing up from a family who did these things. Its real and if you dont know what youre doing you can get hurt.
[edit on 23-1-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

I think we can assume that nobody turned into a goat. If he did it was an epic fail; he was caught. Maybe turning into a bird would be more useful
? It's just one of those random witchcraft tales that come from the backwoods of Africa each year. The missing penises was a memorable one

On a serious note, the beliefs in witchcraft aren't always this funny. This was going on last year and resulted in dozens of murders including one of a 4 month old baby...

Yesterday, the President attended a protest march against the killings organised by the Tanzania Albino Society (TAS) in Dar es Salaam. He dismissed as "utterly stupid" the belief that albino body parts can bring success to business people, and said the Government would hunt down the perpetrators to end the mess. Protesters marched from the Uhuru Mchanganyiko Primary School grounds through Uhuru, Bibi Titi Mohammed, Azikiwe streets to Samora Avenue and gathered at the Karimjee Hall where the President addressed them.

Albino body parts and blood bring wealth, love and success.

new topics

top topics

join