It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly: Canada should be ashamed of its youth.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This man never ceases to amaze me on how much hate he can portray in one show. He condemns the Canadian youth for having an opinion and yet he himself thinks he's right for having one of his own.

Original program air date was on Friday, July 09, 2004.

Full transcript can be found here: www.foxnews.com...

His direct quote at the end was:

"Canada should be ashamed that so many of its young people are flat out ignorant. And Americans should wise up and realize we are living in a changing world. Old friends are not necessarily true friends. "

[edit on Sat Jan 24th 2009 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This guy never lets people talk and always interrupts them, when he is about to lose a debate he just gets louder and cuts them off even more. If he is at his max volume (which is really impossible) and he is still losing, he cuts their mic. If they catch him by surprise and he has no repetoire he calls them a pinhead and then cuts their mic.

This guy is a joke, Bill O'reilly, another grain of cat litter in the dirty business of mainstream media.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I would go into some lengthy post about how big a piece of gutter-trash Oreilly is, but in reality, he isn't worth it.
His side has lost in the last two elections. People are becoming tired of the hate-filled verbage his ilk spout. He'll lose ratings and become irrelevant. Our discussion of his BS only emboldens his hate-mongering.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Fox News not allowed in Canada!? Whats he think , we're a third world country or something. We have cable, duh? Fox is on but I avoid it because it is not real news. I have seen Bill O'rielly a few times but not an entire show. I just can't take his bullying and the whole I am always right, If he doesn't know the facts he'll make stuff up. Look up Buffoon in the dictionary and see Bill's picture.LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Perhaps you should take time to watch the show nightly for a few weeks. Or better yet, watch the the network daily for a few weeks. (I realize people have to work, but give up some of the mind numbing network crap for awhile. It might open your mind.) Don't condemn someone whe'sn you(by your own admission) haven't even watched an entire program.
(I've watched Hannity, quite a lot, and I have to say, I cannot abide him, because he cannot hear anyone else's opinion, unless it agrees with his own. O'Rielly does hear other opinions. If you disagree, then you haven't watched enough.)
Also, what good does it do to listen to someone you agree with all the time? When you agree with everything they say, then you are just a sheep doing what you are told. I listen to Hannity. I listen to Combs(whose ideals I despise, but I welcome the discourse.)
We should all try to be open to other opinions. Those who are not are usually afraid their ideas might be challenged to the point that5 they might have to change their minds.
Ask youself, are you afraid?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

I have watched O'reilly's trash every night, not because I like him but to see how much of a moron he can make out of himself.

Those are good words of advice! You should tell that to Bill, oh but he might cut your mic if you don't agree with him.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Are you kidding me?

You must be. Hannity and Combs?
Hannity is the broad-shouldered muscular type with the tendancy to use NLP in regards to anyone he is discrediting, right? And his counterpart (the "other side" you speak of) is the pencil-necked "reasonable" person on the show who simply states something in one of those charlie brown "waa waa waa waa waa" ways and is simply disregarded...
And you speak of sheep!

Bill Oreilly is a complete tool. And thanks but no thanks on the advice to watch his show for a week. Why in the world would I deliberately dumb down my own IQ?

I especially loved this part: "Bill Oreilly does listen to others' opinions, and if you don't agree, you haven't watched enough."

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Bill O'Reilly had Hillary Clinton on, during the primaries, and was very respectful and fair to her. In fact, Hillary's campaign advisor, Ed Rendell said that FoxNews had the fairest coverage of all of the Cable network news channels.

"I think during this entire primary coverage, starting in Iowa and up to the present -- FOX has done the fairest job, and remained the most objective of all the cable networks. You hate both of our candidates. No, I’m only kidding. But you actually have done a very balanced job of reporting the news, and some of the other stations are just caught up with Senator Obama, who is a great guy, but Senator Obama can do no wrong, and Senator Clinton can do no right.”

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
That was my point exactly. It just seems that others on this forum don't share that point of view. (I'm not exactly a Hillary fan, either. Personally, I can't stand her or Bill, but O'Rielly was fair to her.)

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ummm..... Bill, we have had a Conservative Government for three years now. :shk:

This is why I don't have television in my home. I could never forgive myself if I let my daughter be subjected to this and all other "news".

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Yeah, none of this even makes mention of the fact that Oreilly's commentary was based on a bold-faced LIE that Canada isn't allowed to air Fox news.

Come ON PEOPLE!

I'll condense Oreilly's "message" here. Canadians are beginning to think that American Government is "evil"... Insert buzz-words and imply that Canadian Government is akin to the Chinese Government in regards to the fact that they censor the news and won't allow Fox to broadcast there (lie).
Then talk about all of the heroic things that America has done while ignoring the heroic things Canada has done.
Then link the French Government to Canada's and begin the slandering campaign on the both of them ignoring the fact that you claimed it was inexcusable to slander the American Government.
He is a spin master. Ironic that he has a segment called "the no spin zone"... He reminds me of the "Voice of London" in V.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I personally think it'd be absolutely hilarious if it could be arranged for all the Bill O. haters on ATS to go on The Factor and confront the man on whatever issues you're in disagreement with him on... You'd all end up looking so ridiculously indescribably useless and incompetent at the hands of the Master that you'd go crying to your Mommies afterwards.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'd take that challenge head-on. There is no doubt that he would make me look foolish on camera, as he has control of the mics and the time. But the segment would be recorded on the net, as have so many of his antics. And in the end, he would look all the more ridiculous for it.

His brand of "journalism" is about to have a reckoning.

Hell, he has already been punched out on camera once. I'd do it again.
Nah, they wouldn't give me the chance.

In fact, what would probably happen is that I would start striking a nerve in regards to his tactics of debate and then he would start to speak over the top of me. Well, as soon as he did that, I would stand up and lean over his desk and say something to the effect of: "ARE YOU TRYING TO SPEAK OVER ME, YOU F-IN B!"... Then he'd call security in but I'd walk away before the laid a hand on me.
He'd be so flustered he would take the next 2 minutes to stress to the local PD how much I needed to be locked up.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

Of course we would, he would managed to talk louder than everyone there and cut us off at every sentence. Starving dogs don't necesarily have good defences, they can just bark louder than other dogs and run away. Kinda like when he was talking to a 9/11 victom who's dad had died in the tragedy, he couldn't control the conversation so he cut off the poor kid's mic. Or how about that one where he tried to debate a 4 star general about her strategy and feelings about Iraq.

Hah, nice try to kiss his ass, he would probably own you too in his little fit of rage.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
O'Reilly may once in awhile make a good point but for the most part he's a blabbering moron.

I can't stand watching the guy. I especially love the 10/15 minutes at the end of every show that he uses to promote his book.

He's crazy. I remember the stock market was tanking...people are losing their asses on their 401k's which he talks about...and then tries to sell his book.

He doesn't have much credibility in my opinion.

I didn't watch the video BTW. I know i'll just get disgusted. I've had enough to be disgusted with lately.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
My Dad, God rest his soul landed on Juno Beach on D-Day June 6'th 1944, and carried on to liberate Northern France, Holland and Belgium, with the rest of the 9'th Canadian Infantry Brigade. An AMERICAN plane dropped a bomb on his motorcycle on the Dutch-Belgian border while he was evacuating civilians from the forward battle edge. When he awoke, he was surrounded by dead and injured townsfolk. His back and both his legs were broke. He spent a year in a full body cast in Scotland. He was a L/Corporal in the Canadian Provost Corps 2'nd Company. I toured Europe and saw the cemeteries and the crematoriums. I saw hundreds of town squares where simple plaques say things like "This town was liberated by Soldiers of Canada, (Soldat Du Canada, in France) and the date that the town was liberated. Bill O'Reilly can suck it. He is a total fraud and a lying sack of feces. No wonder Fox news is illegal in Canada. Its all false and fabricated horse pucky.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
...many of us like to take IQ test don't we? we don't put too much stock in them and maybe it is just like doing a Suduko...but we still take them just to see where we are at...we play along with Jeopordy too don't we?
...Well this is another fantastic test to see where "you" are at as far as
your "denying ignorance" level is.
Can you recognize truth when you hear it, whether from someone you love or someone you despise? Can you pick out the parts that are true and not true?
I am going to brag and say I score very very high on the "deny ignorance" chart. Why? Because I can't stand O'Reilly but what he said about what America has done for so many people is true. It is also true that we have done some very bad things too....but being the deny ignorance genius that I am, I know that I don't have to throw the baby out with the bath water.
More fun tests for "you" Israel, Obama, Bush, Muslims, Jews, Blacks, Gays, Republican's, Democrat's, Moore, Limbaugh,....see if you can find the truth in each...because there is truth in every subject no matter how reprehensible to you personaly. Don't take on Religion until you get some experience with the small stuff. Like...everything a Republican or Democrat says does not come from the mouth of the Devil. Get past that, and you are ready to move on.
But of course understanding what "denying ignorance" means is important before you even start.
....so, how many people have read this and have assumed that I agree with O'Reilly and his Candian youth comment....I'll spare the drama....Yes, Canadian youth are ignorant...and so are our youth....did he say if they were more than us? I didn't hear that. But I also didn't hear that he was comparing the ignorance of the world's youth. (My hand is up for American youth for first place and they have the least excuse.)
If I said, "America has done more for other countries than any other single country" would you be tempted as hell to say..."America has done more to hurt other countries than any other country" But your point would be to say that my claim was false. There be the problem. Could both people be telling the truth?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well IMO that doesn't bode well for Canadian teenagers. Because if 40% believe, that means 60% don't believe. I think it is up to us as adult Canadians to make sure we get to work on that 60% and get them in line.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

What shocks me (probably because I'm not an American) is that this actually passes for news/topical issues! It's chock-a-block full of outright lies and masses of spin: America gives more in aid than France (because they couldn't find figures - HAHAHAHA)? Really? How about actually finding out and doing that as a percentage so it represents the amount of respective citizens.

I could really tear this apart but I don't think I need to, only the truly ignorant can take this idiot seriously and they won't be swayed anyway.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

I would say that you are probably being passively arrogant in assuming that anyone would say that EVERYTHING he said was a lie and a falsehood.
No, he only told one lie. That being that the Canadian Government won't allow Fox News in Canada.
Other than that, what he said was the truth. But the problem was that he neglected telling the WHOLE truth in regards to the subject. He conviently did NOT speak of anything that the Canadian or French Government has done in regards to Human Rights and fighting on behalf thereof.
Actually, he came very close to telling a second lie when he said that the French haven't freed anyone from tyranny. He didn't word it that way, but he went as far as he could without making it a lie.

The entire premise of his discourse was based on ONE BOLD FACED LIE. The rest can be truthful at that point, the damage is done.

To question me in my disagreement while presuming I didn't listen to what he said was arrogant. But you actually dodged that by not addressing your post to anyone in particular.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join