It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Choice Act?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The Freedom of Choice Act (H.R. 1964/S. 1173) is a bill in the 110th United States Congress which "declares that it is the policy of the United States that every woman has the fundamental right to choose to bear a child; terminate a pregnancy prior to fetal viability; or terminate a pregnancy after viability when necessary to protect her life or her health.

It prohibits a federal, state, or local governmental entity from denying or interfering with a woman's right to exercise such choices; or discriminating against the exercise of those rights in the regulation or provision of benefits, facilities, services, or information. Provides that such prohibition shall apply retroactively.

It also authorizes an individual aggrieved by a violation of this Act to obtain appropriate relief, including relief against a governmental entity, in a civil action."

This is great news in the world of real people, it will finally uphold the law as is stated in Roe vs Wade. If this is passed no longer will religious influence decide what a woman can do with her body. But wait, what happen to the NWO and obama being bad? So far he supports this bill and just signed another abortion bill that changed funding for international abortion operations that bush selfishly and religiously closed. So is our government finally changing a new leaf? or is this a plan of deceit? I welcome your input as well as if you have an intelligent argument about abortion.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXTheClown

But wait, what happen to the NWO and obama being bad?

This is really an unnecessary item in your post. Are we to believe that because women may have a choice in the matter protected by law, that the NWO is here for us?

Please.

It's the little things that sheep argue over, abortion, execution, drugs etc that keep them from seeing the big picture.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXTheClown

Roe V Wade is not a law. It is a precedent.
It is a ruleing by a Judge.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I put that in because everyone is so gun-ho about the NWO being some Nazi terror thats going to turn all of us in to sheep and obama being the spokes person. We are already sheep, why change it? I for one have reason to believe that NWO is a liberty movement the unites the world in freedom but thats a guess. If obama is doing this to pull the wool over our eyes then im missing the big picture. Since im endlessly on the trail of truth if you see something i dont i welcome all info, what big picture am i missing?

Roe VS wade. You call it precedent. I call it a fundamental right under the United States Constitution. Yes i did say the law stated in roe vs wade, not roe vs wade is the laws name. The verdict deemed it so thereby subjecting all laws attempting to restrict it. None the less for the common folk its hard to understand.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by XXXTheClown]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The only thing I object to here is that it allows minor girls to get an abortion without parental conscent.

Given that an abortion is a medical procedure which can lead to bleeding conditions and possible infections, I beleie that the parents should at least be aware, in case the girl requires further medical treatment.

That does not mean that she has to be prevented from having the abotion--just that she has to inform her parents.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Where do I begin?... I would suggest looking at the content of freedom-school.com... downloading the .pdfs and getting the book "The state of Texas - is a lie". Also look at www.thinkfree.ca... and try to grasp that these supposed acts have no legitimacy to Natural, real humans / sovereigns. There are only three laws - don't hurt others, don't interfere in their property, don't mislead in agreements. All the rest are statutes, regulation pertaining to Corporations ie commercial endeavors. Being a "Citizen" ie a "Person" is buying into a system of "Government" ownership of you and control over you. You buy into it by volunteering to be subject to their authority. Legal deception is a very fundamental part of the Vatican Illuminati/NWO via the Knights Templar Court system of laws known as the "Crown". The US, Canada, England, etc.. are corporation - "Crown" colonies of the Vatican and "Citizens" are property of the corporation by buying into the idea that they have been "Granted" rights to their Ficticious Stawman self known as "YOUR NAME". SSN #s, National IDS, etc.. make you volunteer to be a government employee under it's authority. All this is fraud of course but all courts are really operation under this premise. "State your name for the record" invites you to buy into their authority. etc... Legal deception in to control of humanity goes back hundreds of years.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I would argue that it is an NWO movement that leads towards population control. They want us to abort our children, less to control, less people to rise up as one. But this is an age old argument that leads nowhere.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
The only thing I object to here is that it allows minor girls to get an abortion without parental conscent.

Given that an abortion is a medical procedure which can lead to bleeding conditions and possible infections, I beleie that the parents should at least be aware, in case the girl requires further medical treatment.

That does not mean that she has to be prevented from having the abotion--just that she has to inform her parents.

Yes parents should be aware but because most of them are sheep. The beliefs of the parents will be pushed on the children forcing them to do anything according to their parents beliefs or forced to punishment and ridicule if not obeyed. So theres where they run into a problem. I think a proven right to be a parent should be in order the only problem with that is it gives the current government to much power to corrupt.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by XXXTheClown]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Requiring parental notification is not the same thing as requiring parental consent.

It just means that the parents have to know what is going on.

Which is still a difficult choice, since many girls, for better or worse, would be talked out of it, but given that abortion is a rather drastic procedure and this is the age of MRSA and in general teens are not that savvy about health anyway, I think notification, at least, shoudl be in place.

top topics

join