It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the event of Civil War......

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Wishful thinking. Are you even from the USA?

I have never heard anyone speak of civil war. Maybe you're from the south?

Sick, sick people here.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
How do we know that threads like these aren't created to compile information for the powers that be? What side are you on, what lines are drawn? C'mon. Would anyone seriously espouse that kind of personal knowledge or position online, much less, over a phone, or anywhere else the intelligence could be intercepted. Much less anywhere's near an electronic device which could have remote Intel Inside-- especially if it blantantly informs you of Intel Inside as a way to circumvent consentual recording. This is a conspiracy site, after all.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
Whichever group is fighting to reinstate the Constitution as the Law of the Land.

That's the group my guns will fight with

Who's version of it? I'd favor the Original Intent Constitutional Theorists, myself, but, join them? Couldn't say. Depends on who them are and what them hope to accomplish and how them choose to accomplish it, I suppose.

Not that I wouldn't be for reinstating the original missing 13th Ammendment, and altering the 16th Amendment so as to remove it's exception for allowing the slavery of those convicted of crimes-- as crimes can be fabricated so as to induct into slavery any class they wish-- such as those who violate Court Orders to pay money. Since, failure to pay money is not a slavable offense under the second 13th Amendment about No Amount of Indebtedness warranting it, they bypass the second 13th Amendment by making Failure to Obey the Court Order, itself, as a slavable crime under the 16th Amendement, though slavery, involuntary servitude, and peonage is red acted, re dacted, or, redacted to mean fined or imprisoned.
People should really look at the wording of the Constitution more carefully. The Amendments bypass most of it. No law can infringe a free man to bear arms (interpreted as guns-- not just bare hands), yet, freed convicts no longer qualify under Governments right to impose slavery (unless the exception is read so as to allow such slavery imposition for life upon such a crime convicted person, despite their release) and if they have been released, are they free men or slaves? A free man is simply one who is not a slave. That crime convicted men are convicted of crime, automatically enslaves them, are they still slaves upon their release? How does parole play into that? If parole conditions are met, is their slavery ended, or, are they still slaves unable to bear arms, because, they commited a crime and were convicted? Were they never slaves and therefore free men able to bear arms upon release, if not where's the exception to the free men portion of the right to bear arms for those convicted of crimes. Just how does that exception work? And why does history teach that it ended slavery when, in fact, it did not? Even, if it really is not enforced, why leave the ability to enforce it and call it an Abolition of Slavery when it is not Abolished? If a convicted murderer or Arms related criminal is released, why shouldn't they bear arms, are they a threat to society, still, if so, why were they released, isn't release the assumption they are no longer a threat to themselves or others?
Back to the 16th Amendment, it limited slavery to those convicted of a crime-- and subjects them to such slavery, however guised, for life. If they die and are rescuscitated, are they still bound, since, the Amendment only requires they be convicted of a crime, saying nothing about it ever being lifted by meeting any condition, not even death.

Think of all the slaves we still have in America, under that Amendment.

What exactly is a Civil War meant to change? Exactly who is it supposed to avenge or protect?

[edit on 24-1-2009 by PhyberDragon]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Wow, it's great to hear from a sane, rational thinking person. Thank god.
My thoughts exactly.

I'll be honest, I"m starting to think some of these anti-American, doom/gloom posts are made by non-Americans who are trying to stir up negativity or it's just very wishful thinking.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PhyberDragon

They wouldn't waste their time with people who can't even construct a proper sentence, or structure paragraphs.

To the OP; you can edit whatever you write here to correct for spelling or grammatical errors.

Quote from the OP: "Everywhere I go anymore, I hear someone talking about it."

Are you for real? I'm starting to think these posts are made by non-Americans with deep anti-American beliefs.

A lot of hatred and negativity in this forum, and a lot of very sick people.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
How many in the military will stayed sided with their leaders when the 'bad citizens' they are told to fight or suppress decide the families of the military are the enemy also. Why would they think their families would be safe.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There are a lot of non-Americans in this forum. I wonder why we never hear of anyone posting about civil war, political unrest or doom/gloom scenarios coming from other countries?

This stuff only happens in America?

Other countries have no problems, no conspiracies happening in any of those countries?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

There is no way i would stand back and let my freedom be taken away from my own country. its something worth fighting for, and i will fight. i will give my life to defend my freedom, and the freedom of my brothers by country. i love all of you, and when this does happen, not if, i hope you will stand by me as i will stand by you.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixDemon

So true. And yeah that topic is for another thread.

I am still hopeing nothing like this will happen, but who knows? Maybe something will snap and a revolution will occur. But what will happen? Or a civil war? What will happen? Will it be cohesive or a free-for-all?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

I get the humor, I really do, but, it doesn't take literacy to aim and squeeze, or, to pull and throw, or, whatever, so, yes, I would think that the illiterate would be as crediable a concern as the Non. if not more so, since illiteracy is indincia of a lack of formal education, leaving one to wonder what sort of informal education has been filling the void.

I grew up with several friends who were not very literate, but, when they were jailed later in life with 100's of thousands of dollars in cash, a dead, decaying body in their trunk, and convicted as hitmen for the Black Mafia, well, it doesn't take a literate man to know how untrue your words, however sarcastically humorous, are. So, so, so, untrue.

And the way I have to edit so much because I type and post without looking up at the screen very much, makes me wonder how literate I really am.

BTW: I mispelled "crediable" (credable) just for you. Too bad I aced English/ Grammar/ Composition/ Spelling/ Literature/ Usage/ Vocabulary/ and Typing all through school, and still don't feel the need to apply it to this or any other site. Being as I have alot to say in a short amount of time and space, coupled with sticking keys, and that I prefer to look at the keys versus the screen and sometimes the screen vs. the keys when I type, and that it is easier to read the main screen than the smaller print of the post box, plus, the other distractions going on in my environment, and the fact that I don't bother to edit most of the time, and don't like re- editing every time I catch a mistake or have it pointed out to me, and the fact that this is not a term paper or some vital piece of work which commands my full on attention, but rather, just pour on the ideas as they come out, even should they lead to misplaced comma's, run on sentences, improper grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntaxes, and the like, so be it.
I don't worry about paragraph construction either. However, if that is your only basis of what merits credable information, well, your loss. I happen to have knowledge which isn't so common, but, if you don't even bother to look you will never see. Not my problem or concern. Sometimes I'm just creative, but, you'll miss that, too. Only out of boredom have I bothered to explain. Truth is I know how non- abateably locutious a dissertation such as hereon juxtaposed and incorporated herein this cynicalistic responsive plead is. And, I don't really care.
I just say it in a way that anyone who has no clue what I'm on about can understand, in as quick and bulk a manner as I possibly can, without resorting to Post Reply and Edit more than I truly must.
If that offends your very sensabilities, well, I probably wasn't talking to you then was I?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

While living in a reality that mirrors what one puts out, and believing that peace can come through aggression is.....naive.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think Americans are mostly all talk and no aciton. They'll gripe about whatever the gov't throws at them but that's about it. I don't see a revolution.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by withpride09]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Interesting these threads pop up after we finally defeated the most corrupt and incompetent administration in history. I guess some folks just don't like the results of the election. Too bad.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PaulKCA

Paul...Your way of thinking is very interesting. Please don't take offense at my comment of saying that you were a bit naive. Perhaps a poor choice of words on my part. No offense was meant. Would you consider yourself a pacifist? Also what do you think your philosophy, had it been followed, have resulted in durring the U.S. revolutionary war?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by withpride09
I think Americans are mostly all talk and no aciton. They'll gripe about whatever the gov't throws at them but that's about it. I don't see a revolution.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by withpride09]

Really...I do recall a certain populace rising up against the Queen back in the day...I'd say that was quite a bit of action.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Honestly, my opinion on this is that if civil war does break out the main goal of overthrowing the gov will be accomplished in short time.

The real problem will come after that because we are so divided as a country that one group is going to want to take the country to the far left and the other group is just going to want to get back to the constitution.

If/when a civil war does happen America as we know it will no longer exist the country will most likely break into separate regions. Then it will be a war for land.

Seeing how I'm a conservative I'll leave it up to you to figure out which side I would fight for.

Don't forget those that want to drag it dead center or far right. as for Constitutionalists, we're all Constitutionalists. It is Our Constitution, and is readable how we each read it to mean. That's where all our political divisions come from. add to that those who want to change it to be more left, right, or centered of itself, or, to do away with it all together, and there you'll see who and where the lines are drawn. Noone really fits as nicely into one party or the other as they like to believe. You let all of us Constitutional Interpretest and Abolishonist's go at it and you'll see, not only who predominates what camp, but, what camp more aggressively pursues their goal. See, to change Government has nothing to do with Government. The ones we are really at odds with are ourselves. Throw into that the wealth and power divisions, and we have a powder keg, waiting to erupt.

The First American Civil War was the Brittish vs. the Brittish, Loyalist vs. Seperatists; the Second American Civil War was the war between Foreigner's vs. Natives which wiped out the Native American Indian populations; the Third American Civil War was between Government and Landowner's over Eminent Domain for the railroad, and using the Dredd Scott decision and the Imancipation Proclomation War Strategy of freeing the Confederacy Slaves only, with intent to either ship them back to their original enslavement in Africa, or, to re-enslave them in America, as an additional feature of it. Which did not end, but, limited slavery to those convicted of crime, but, expanded it's scope to incorporate all classes of free men into slavery; the Fouth American Civil War was a covert War between Government and her Citizen's to incorporate them into a Police State Imprisonment and to induct new slaves (Ie: the Drug War, the War on Terror). People keep looking for the next Civil War and don't realize, you're in one.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

No offense taken! You as the rest of the human race are my family. What is any war caused by? And what can any war achieve, in a reality that is a mirror?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Man, I just have to say, your signature seems to have a underlying current theme of immaturity, hatred and extremeism. I have the feeling you probably aren't old enough to drive.
Oh yeah, by the way, that was a really great reply post.
Ever seen a Bully before?
Do you think taking up arms in America, against a government made up of mostly honest and sincere military and civil service people, all trying to be great americans, only doing their job, is really any kind of national rally cry at this point?
Or, are you one of these extremists/illitits floating all over ATS?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey_Matter
If it were the case of the people over throwing the government in the case of a civil war, we're still going to need some form of leadership, or government. Which in turn will start the whole process over again. Who here really thinks they can just jump right into a politcal seat and go at it with other powerful countries. Im just playing devils advocate here, but Im assuming that running a government is a tad bit more difficult when you have no idea what youre doing. I dont think our countries enemies are going to sit and do nothing while we call a time out.

Hell, I'm not acriminal, but, i know how they interact and operate. It be a piece of cake to jump into the head public criminal's chair and to interact with the other criminal political heads the world over, that and to deal with and interact with the private criminal heads here and abroad, while still maintaining order among the non criminal elements of Society and the World. No formal education is required, although, I'd surround my self with well- educated people, only a street education is needed, and I have a many degrees in that. As well as, a couple of degrees of my own. I'd do it.
Not that others would want me there, because I'd set some ground rules where I see them messing up, and, I'm not beneath authorizing the use of nukes to enforce my point. I don't mind being a beacon of peace and freedom, but, I would command respect, too. I don't care if it's out of fear or respect, as long as that child stops before that car hits them. Same rule I'd apply to the rest of the world. You declare you want to wipe out all religions which are not your own. If I were President, I'd give you fair warning to clear your Capital, I'm about to bomb it with a nuke, so, it's uninhabitable for awhile. And while your people are pissed at me and my Country, and are having to build a Capital anew-- which I will not help you with, you can think about your kill all religious people who do not follow your religion policy. If you find and maintain that you do not subscribe to such a sadistic policy, then, you may want to consider what you are willing to do to take care of those among you who do. If I see you are making a real effort, I'll help you. If I find that you are trying to pull the wool over my eyes, or, do stand by the policy still, then, I'll give you fair warning to clear the next city before I send another nuke. The other Countries want to launch their nukes in response, I'll send all my nukes to the Country, or Countries, who wanted to kill all religions not like theirs, without regard for any other Country. I'll secure all my people in underground bunkers designed for the elite, and I and the elite, will simply wait our turn, or, not go into a bunker at all. If there isn't enough room for all. Guess what my first major domestic project will be.

You wouldn't want me in charge. i don't play. I say it, I mean it, I do it. Don't like it. I care, but, enough is enough. real action, not half measure's and talk.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The Bald Champion

"It benefits a company to dump their waste in a nearby river because it is cheap and more profitable... This cuts the bottom line and creates more productivity, jobs and money."

You're completely wrong. Having it disposed of would create more jobs, dumping it would mean less jobs, and more money for the company. Although having it disposed of would create less profit for the company, it would in turn create more jobs for other people. Lower taxes and less government create more productivity, jobs and money, Regan proved it.

[snip]

Removed personal insult

[edit on 24/1/09 by masqua]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join