It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the event of Civil War......

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Those words are at the back of everyone's mind.

Everyone.

Everywhere I go anymore, I hear someone talking about it. How they are stocking up, trying to find some property out in the country. Hell, property out in the country is the only property here in the u.s.A. that increasing in value.

Everyone is getting upset by where the country is headed. Finances, taxes, the rumors of amendments - that we each hold dear - being at risk. The way foreign policies are being handled. Gitmo closing. Imigration.

Everyday, our feathers get ruffeled, and more so every day.

So lets say Civil War does erupt. Whose side are you on? Better yet, how many sides are there? Are the sides already decided? Lines already drawn?

Say something happens that you feel goes too far. What do you do?

Everyone wants to talk about it. So, lets.

Civil War HERE Where do you stand? If not in front, then who would you stand behind?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I would stand in the front line with the people who want to take back the country from the government. People like youtube user Endtimewatchman. This is, if this event were to happen.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Whichever group is fighting to reinstate the Constitution as the Law of the Land.

That's the group my guns will fight with

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Isn't this more of a Revolution and Civil War? I mean, we're not talking about fighting each other, but against the ***REDACTED***.

At least that's how I understand it.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Honestly, my opinion on this is that if civil war does break out the main goal of overthrowing the gov will be accomplished in short time.

The real problem will come after that because we are so divided as a country that one group is going to want to take the country to the far left and the other group is just going to want to get back to the constitution.

If/when a civil war does happen America as we know it will no longer exist the country will most likely break into separate regions. Then it will be a war for land.

Seeing how I'm a conservative I'll leave it up to you to figure out which side I would fight for.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well I mean it's going to be very, very chaotic. People are going to realize, well that the rules don't apply. Little groups are going to pop up. MAybe over time they will unite (or get taken over) but i mean seriously. It's not going to be like military vrs military. It's going to be the U.S. fighting back aginst its own citizens. And the citizens will win. Hopefully.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
First I have heard anyone mentioning civil war.

So I can't take a side.

Things may be bleak but we have survived: Jamestown, the Revolution, the first civil war, wwI, wwII, the Depression,etc.

This is just another day on the rollar coaster. I doubt the world is coming to an end.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Those are all great replies. I think they sum up how most people feel.

How do you think it would start? What person would you listen to? WHO would it take to say "game on" in order for you to follow?

Hastobemoretolife, you make a great point. I think that is how it would go too. First the govt, then we would break up into seperate regions.

While we're at it, what is the one thing for you, that would the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back? For me, making my kids serve the manditory time in this civilian military I've heard about or taking away the 2nd amendment would do it for me.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
First what would precipitate a civil war. The country is divided but the military would crush any uprising even before they could mobilize. Do you think they don't know who the trouble makers might be.

When you have an infrastructure controlled by the PTB, ex. power grid, food distribution, roads, gas and oil, a group of people with .22s and deer rifles would be laughed at, rounded up, tortured and set loose as an example to other would be malcontents.

All this talk of revolution is just so much macho bravado and teenage BS.
It's been to late for a revolution for over 50 years.

In the off chance that there was a civil war, I'd squirt across the Mexican border on my dirt bike and watch it on Mexican TV while I enjoy a nice DosXX. I have no allegiance to Anarchy and chaos.

Control of food distribution alone insures that people would turn in their weapons for a bottle of water and a PB&J sandwich.

"The Man" has been in total control of this country for a long long time. Didn't you get the memo?

[edit on 23-1-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If it were the case of the people over throwing the government in the case of a civil war, we're still going to need some form of leadership, or government. Which in turn will start the whole process over again. Who here really thinks they can just jump right into a politcal seat and go at it with other powerful countries. Im just playing devils advocate here, but Im assuming that running a government is a tad bit more difficult when you have no idea what youre doing. I dont think our countries enemies are going to sit and do nothing while we call a time out.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Whaaa, so what are you saying? That we should just sit here and eat the crap sandwiches we are fed?

I dont think that will happen. I think everyone has a limit.

As for the military goes, Im not sure how I feel about that. There are too many military men who would be more than willing to stand on the other side. We are not robots.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by mrsdudara]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
As for the military goes, Im not sure how I feel about that. There are too many military men who would be more than willing to stand on the other side. We are not robots.

The military will do whatever their CO tells them to do. In times of strife and hunger, military men want to eat as well as anyone and they will toe the line to feed themselves and their families.

Sorry, here's a look at the future.en.wikipedia.org...

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by grey_Matter

Excelent point!

What do you suggest? If you could have it your way, how would it play out? You are very right, someone would need to fill those seats. If it was up to you, who?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Really, you hear it everywhere. The only place I ever hear anything like that is on this website. Never before in the real world, as opposed to the internet world, have I even heard civil war mentioned. That is unless I am watching the history channel or a movie that takes place in the civil war era.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by tide88]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If it were up to me, I dont know who Id put in power, but thats my point. Who's the right person to be in the new government and how should we put them there? What should be the deciding factor? A vote? Some sort of election? It seems to me that the best people for role of our new government are already there. So basically, a civil war seems like a bad idea.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Many people will migrate back into their respective ethnic groups. Public services such as fire departments and police departments will look out for their own first and the government will certainly ensure that fire, EMS and especially police personnel will be provided for and mandated to work. Hospital personnel will also be protected and certainly forced to provide service. Executive Orders mandate that certain services are maintained and controlled.

Resources will rapidly diminish especially in large metropolitan areas. Once the resources are gone then people will begin to seek out additional resources by any means necessary to ensure they and their families survival, it's instinctive. After the resources are gone in the major population centers then those people will begin trespassing and taking from those in the rural areas. Be aware that gangs will be the first to congregate and work in numbers with great aggression and firepower.

Remember, there is strength in numbers, be prepared, be ready to kill in order to defend yourself, know the talents of the individuals in your group, be self-sufficient. Seemingly insignificant movements and actions become crucial. Every decision you make can mean life or death.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I personally think people are speaking quite loudly about at least some unrest, whether it be Civil War, I'm not sure but there is definitely some preparation being made. I believe those who sense this are taking a more "Dont tread on ME" stance. Not so much preparing to side with anyone, but rather preparing to protect what is theirs and that of those they feel responsible for.

I think that recent purchases of Guns and storable foods should serve as a clear indication that a growing number of people are preparing for whatever may be coming their way.

My main immediate concern is that of my family and those I love. Will it ever be bloodshed in the streets, that remains to be seen. what is paramount right now is that both sides, or all sides, uphold the rule of law, and not just as some judge or underpaid LEO makes it up, but as it is written.

It is our responsibility as citizens of the country to educate ourselves in the law and insure that it is upheld by all parties. Unfortunately the law of late seems to be whatever best serves ones purpose and is not being upheld as the Constitution demands. this I believe is the major crux of the issue and it is this lack of upholding the law which is leading us down this rapidly inclining slippery slope.

For me personally, if I have somehow fallen outside of the rule of law and am approached by LEO with warrant in hand then I will peacably follow if however someone attempts to kick in my door I can assure a quite different outcome.

We are a people governed under the Constitution, as long as everyone remembers that and respects others right under that we would not even be having this interaction, unfortunately the former is all too often ignored and it has gotten us to this point.

As far as the breaking the camels back, one would definitely be the abolishment of the 2nd (but thats personal) it could be a combination of continual erosions of the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I used to only hear about it here on ATS. Now, though Im honestly hearing people talk about it more and more often. They talk quietly, but still it seems everywhere I turn someone is saying they are doing something because they dont like the way things are going and they dont want to be in highly populated areas. That or they want to stock up "just in case" and they are not thinking about a natural disaster.

So what you are thinking is that if someone was to stand up to the government you would be on the governments side? Keep the status quo, dont rock the boat? That's cool if that is your choice, I am sure many would choose that. Its not my bag, but hay to each their own. I have respect for anyone who knows where they stand, even if it is on a different side.

I think if the president of the NRA wanted to stand up I would stand behind him. They have my respect especially after they fought for the people in New Orleans when they took away their guns. I would me more apt to follow Mr. Smith down the street who had enough before I would follow another poitician though.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
Whichever group is fighting to reinstate the Constitution as the Law of the Land.

That's the group my guns will fight with

Amen my friend.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by KMFNWO
It is our responsibility as citizens of the country to educate ourselves in the law and insure that it is upheld by all parties.

Well said.

I couldnt agree more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join