It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation exists, but with a twist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientShade
Energy has a frequency and amplitude, so souls that are close to energy must have too.

Nope sorry energy has no frequency or amplitude. AN object that HAS energy may have a frequency and amplitude.

Frequency...The measurement of a wavelengths repeats.
Amplitude...The amount of change in the oscillating variable.

You are trying to use the common use of the word 'energy' to explain something that relies on the technical definition.

For example and fun...

'Please conserve energy'

Why is that term technically wrong?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Does it really matter wether a soul is energy or has to have energy to exist? If it has no energy no action can be taken. If you assume it can undertake action without enrergy you are breaking some laws of physics. I am going out from the laws of physics to prevent floaty aired fantasy taking over the discussion. Call me closed mind, but reincarnation is already edgy, I do not want to push it over the edge by thinking outside the box in a way that cannot be proven. It is the limit I set to trusting my own reasoning. I'm okay thou if you grow outside those limits for you you are not me.

Hmmm I think you misunderstand. Or I don't get your point?

I never said I believe the soul can exist without energy. That was my point, the soul cannot leave a dead body, unless somehow it has it's own energy source, and in known physics that isn't possible.

So my argument was not whether the soul actually exists, but that you can't use earth bound physics laws to try to prove it does, as the OP and others like to think.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Energy has a frequency and amplitude, so souls that are close to energy must have too.

Nope sorry energy has no frequency or amplitude. AN object that HAS energy may have a frequency and amplitude.

Frequency...The measurement of a wavelengths repeats.
Amplitude...The amount of change in the oscillating variable.

You are trying to use the common use of the word 'energy' to explain something that relies on the technical definition.

For example and fun...

'Please conserve energy'

Why is that term technically wrong?

whooop! My bad!
It is caused by my electical engineering background. I assume out of power like electric power and project that principle onto the human soul. I guess the concept enrgy is vague in that, but at least now you know the principle background I'm talking of.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Does it really matter wether a soul is energy or has to have energy to exist? If it has no energy no action can be taken. If you assume it can undertake action without enrergy you are breaking some laws of physics. I am going out from the laws of physics to prevent floaty aired fantasy taking over the discussion. Call me closed mind, but reincarnation is already edgy, I do not want to push it over the edge by thinking outside the box in a way that cannot be proven. It is the limit I set to trusting my own reasoning. I'm okay thou if you grow outside those limits for you you are not me.

Hmmm I think you misunderstand. Or I don't get your point?

I never said I believe the soul can exist without energy. That was my point, the soul cannot leave a dead body, unless somehow it has it's own energy source, and in known physics that isn't possible.

So my argument was not whether the soul actually exists, but that you can't use earth bound physics laws to try to prove it does, as the OP and others like to think.

Hmm, well it can't if it doesn't have a conductor. Then again, perhaps the energy of the soul is like light (the whole is it a particle or is it a wave issue). But I do know that the principle issue is the nature of that energy. But even then there would be heaps of problem (like the memory issue of a soul)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AncientShade

Eh no problem mate I salute you for being honest. Most people, even engineers and scientists etc., use the term energy that way because in everyday life it works as a term to explain what we use the term for (did that make sense lol).

But when talking theory it doesn't work.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Hmm, well it can't if it doesn't have a conductor.

Hehe NOT electrical 'energy'. Which is just the measure of it's ability to do work, electricity isn't actually 'energy'. Neither is gasoline or coal. All we do is take the energy contained in the matter and convert it to do other work.

Then again, perhaps the energy of the soul is like light (the whole is it a particle or is it a wave issue). But I do know that the principle issue is the nature of that energy. But even then there would be heaps of problem (like the memory issue of a soul)

Light isn't energy either, light is electromagnetic radiation of wavelengths. It HAS energy because the particles (photons) are activated by electromagnetic radiation.

For the soul to exist it must be able to convert and use energy, the body uses oxygen and food...Maybe the soul can somehow absorb energy from it's environment, but that is going way outside our known physics?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Hmm, well it can't if it doesn't have a conductor.

Hehe NOT electrical 'energy'. Which is just the measure of it's ability to do work, electricity isn't actually 'energy'. Neither is gasoline or coal. All we do is take the energy contained in the matter and convert it to do other work.

Then again, perhaps the energy of the soul is like light (the whole is it a particle or is it a wave issue). But I do know that the principle issue is the nature of that energy. But even then there would be heaps of problem (like the memory issue of a soul)

Light isn't energy either, light is electromagnetic radiation of wavelengths. It HAS energy because the particles (photons) are activated by electromagnetic radiation.

For the soul to exist it must be able to convert and use energy, the body uses oxygen and food...Maybe the soul can somehow absorb energy from it's environment, but that is going way outside our known physics?

That be true. I guess we reached the boundary of reincarnation for the moment until some ATS-er comes up with a plausible way we can't say anything other then debunk or cannot be proven yet if we maintain the current way of keeping up the known laws of physics.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The Bible says that each soul is united with their physical bodies on Judgment Day. If a soul had more than one body, as in reincarnation does, which body would that soul go to?

There's no such thing as reincarnation. It's a lie the devil told so people would think this isn't their only life. Plus there's the whole "well if you don't get it right this time, don't worry about it, there'll be a next time" thing. After all, if you can get people thinking there's another life, imagine how easy it would be to get them to sin --thinking they can redeem themselves in the next life. False.

In the hopes of reaching the moon men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
The Bible says that each soul is united with their physical bodies on Judgment Day. If a soul had more than one body, as in reincarnation does, which body would that soul go to?

There's no such thing as reincarnation. It's a lie the devil told so people would think this isn't their only life. Plus there's the whole "well if you don't get it right this time, don't worry about it, there'll be a next time" thing. After all, if you can get people thinking there's another life, imagine how easy it would be to get them to sin --thinking they can redeem themselves in the next life. False.

In the hopes of reaching the moon men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet.

The Bible also says that some of us will get a new body after the old Heaven and Earth pass away. That always sounded like reincarnation to me.

The wholeidea of dying in this world, then living again in Heaven or Hell... just reincarnation by a different name.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Jesus did not come back as another body ....he even still had his scars hands and feet and where he was pierced in the side ....
Lazarus did not come back in some other body ..(same body as the one he had before he died)
Moses and Elijah at the transfiguration ..did not come back in another body.

The bodies we have will be changed ...we will not grow old ..we will not die ..we will not have pain ..nowhere does it say we get some other body ...just a changed body ...changed does not equal a new body ..changed from mortal to immortal ................

Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Cr 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality.
1Cr 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
reply to post by asmeone2

Jesus did not come back as another body ....he even still had his scars hands and feet and where he was pierced in the side ....
Lazarus did not come back in some other body ..(same body as the one he had before he died)
Moses and Elijah at the transfiguration ..did not come back in another body.

But they were ressurected, not reincarnated, correct? (I do not remember Moses and Elijah at the transfiguration, can you provide chapter and verse?)

Someone coming back alive a few days after death, into his old body, is much different than dying, rotting, and living with another body in Heaven or Hell.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Mar 9:2 And after six days Jesus taketh [with him] Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.

Mar 9:3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.

Mar 9:4 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.

Also when Jesus rose from the dead ..many rose with him (they had all been dead many years if not thousands of years) ......their dead bodies came out of the graves and they were seen of many ..
Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
Mat 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Mar 12:25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
This says we shall be like the angels ....

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
In my past life, I must have been a large Pizza. Of course, on the planet Skrall its not called Pizza, its Apfflegorpf. I highly recommend it.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42

Summary:

Reincarnation exists, but it's not human to human, it's one being from somewhere far away in the universe to the other. This is why babies and toddlers are always acting so crazy and interested in everything, this life is completely new because where previously lived at, there were different senses and so on.

Deus: if you really wanna bake your noodle, check out this hypothesis:

What if before we are born our eternal souls exist in a field outside of 'time', and can choose any time period to be born into? That would mean that there are not only past lives, but FUTURE lives as well.

Its like, the story & script is already written for us, we just choose which role we wanna play.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by el cid

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
reply to post by ANOK

I can't speak to that ,I'm sure I've never been alive before this life

you sure about that?
it is said that we make a "conscious" decision to completely forget all our past lives' experiences to better facilitate learning in our present one.

Here is my take...I can remember things, events from a former life, and I have spoken to may others that could also do this. I don't think it's a conscious decision, per se, but to be born one goes through the waters of one's mother's birth canal, and it has been said that that alone washes the memories clean, for the most part anyway. To say that you have never lived before means that you are a new life, which means you have a lot of lives to go, for one cannot learn everything in one life alone, it is impossible. I know the book religions tell one that we have but one life, but I think that is wrong. As far as reincarnating into another world, that too is possible, but unlikely, to my view.

I believe we are all caught in a trap, in a prison without bars as far as this goes. We are in a cycle of birth/death/rebirth again and again, with no way out, it seems. I reference John Lear's "soul catcher" here. I think that when we "die," our souls are caught in some sort of trap, mixed with other soul material, and sent back during a period of 100 years or so, so we do not run into others we may have known in a former life. I often run into folks who I "know," even though I have never met them before. Even my wife says we have been together before, and I am inclined to agree with her, there is just too much to disregard here.

I am betting on breaking out this time around. People are waking up all the time to the lies of the book religions, and looking ahead and coming out of the "box" that these religious dogmas have placed us in for so many years. When all come to realize this, we can in fact make a break, and become what we were meant to be, creators in our own right. Thanks for listening.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
In my past life, I must have been a large Pizza. Of course, on the planet Skrall its not called Pizza, its Apfflegorpf. I highly recommend it.

I just couldn't bring myself to eat Pizza the Hutt, no matter how tasty he may be.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I believe that memories may get stored in dna and could get passed down with the dna to the next generations ...which would explain some dejavue type moments and past life memories .
(Some scientists who are studying dna agree ) ....do a search ..

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

That's a good point. I'd never thought of that before. Science has hypothesised that all our cells have memory.

Certainly would explain a lot such as past memories, inherited traits etc. People are really remembering their parents past not their own.

There's even stories, not sure of they're true, that people who have major transplants have changes in their personality.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well I remember a past life, which won't be discussed here, but it was a momentous expereince. And it came in three steps that shook me up for a long time. I don't see things the way most people do, but quite a bit differently now.
I will mention that my memory was, I believe, given to me, along with a wake up call from the new surge of expereinces and contact my family experienced this last year. I could put together the memories and experiences of a lifetime, from the first psi contact and then siting of a craft that hovered for my entire family to see.

To begin with, this lifetime is only a portion of whom we are, we are much larger beings. This dot matrix feels like reality, but its a prison, or a school, a place to learn to love others, service, to grow and overcome, to help. Some lessons are painful ones. We never lose a lifetime or an identity either, we are eternal, and experiencing all that can be experienced in one go, each time. There are many timelines, many variants, and in many of them, all the alternatives are explored. In the end, we've done a pretty duty lesson, having taken every turn we could. But only on this one consciously, here.

The memory was very sad, it was a traumatic moment in our solar system, but one thing I can say from it, is our soul companions and family matter more to us than anything in this matrix, that we come to planets, lined up much like children do in the gym with different grades marked on the lines, and those you know frequently become your very special people. I lost some during that cataclsym. Another thing I know, is what seems like a very long time to humans, is a short decade to the soul, and that we're a very long journey. We're all in it together, not just humans here either. God delegates through all of His/Her creation, the differenent aspects of Him/Herself. Its a steep learning curve with higher ups, making decisions for the developing planets and peoples, and they don't always make the right ones. Learning doesn't stop at any level.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
I believe that memories may get stored in dna and could get passed down with the dna to the next generations ...which would explain some dejavue type moments and past life memories .
(Some scientists who are studying dna agree ) ....do a search ..

I've thought a lot about that too. I think there def. may be something to this theory. Perhaps both real experience and DNA memories can coexist in a reincarnation?

What about future lives? How does that fit in?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join