It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghetto Britain

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
what gets me is that these people move to a Christian country then complain about Christian holidays \symbols like Christmas etc.. i and all my family\ relatives etc do not buy anything from muslim shops and its spreading through out my local town to boycott the shops...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mortje
Same here in the bigger cities in Holland. With to top it off, a HUGE mosque built in Rotterdam and one planned in Amsterdam. I wouldn't have any problem with it if other religions could build their huge 'houses of god' in Islam countries. But sadly, that isn't the case.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by mortje]

Maybe like St Mary's Roman Catholic Church in Qatar? or all these in Dubai? There's a few in Iraq too and Sudan. Even Iran has some Churches.

Do you still have a problem with it?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
what gets me is that these people move to a Christian country then complain about Christian holidays \symbols like Christmas etc.. i and all my family\ relatives etc do not buy anything from muslim shops and its spreading through out my local town to boycott the shops...

In Britain it tends to be led by the white middle class left wingers rather than Muslims. They try too hard (to put it politely!) to embrace multi-culturalism at the cost of their own culture. Most Muslims and Hindis aren't offended by Christmas lights or Easter eggs. It's a tabloid myth that non-Christians are demanding the removal of Christian festivals and symbols. There's always the fanatics, but they're no more representative of their Faith than Christian fundamentalists. If you know a Muslim, Hindi or Sikh ask them. They aren't bothered...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
When it comes to this incendiary subject, people's views are naturally all over the place. Race, culture and religion clash or get thrown into a stark contrast that leaves us out of our comfort zones. Immigration is a hard topic to be objective about. It is for me anyway

Human nature is overlooked or buried beneath age-old cultural differences and animosities. People prefer to be with their own kind. Birds of a feather flock together etc...

For any Brits on this thread; when did you last go to Ibiza or Costa Del Sol? We emigrate or holiday in Spain. There are huge British communities over there. Bars are called The Red Lion, Murphy's Bar, St George Arms and other British pub names. We go over there and drink Carling, Guinness and Boddingtons Bitter. We eat McDonalds, bacon and eggs and chicken and chips. The only Spaniards we talk to run the hotels or work in the shops. Thousands of Brits live there and never learn to speak Spanish. How is our behaviour different to Muslims, Hindis and Sikhs in Britain?

If we're going to look at immigration properly, we have to peel away all the layers of inherited prejudice first. It's easier said than done.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I agree with the point you made.

The bringing down of anything Christian seems in a lot of cases to be perpetrated by ATHEISTS who unfortunately use Muslims (especially) as a propaganda tool to advance their agenda.

Muslims enjoy the Christmas public holiday break as well as the next person.
And although Muslims don't accept Jesus as the son of God, they do have reverence for him as a Prophet.
So are usually pretty accepting of what Jesus means to Christians and religious celebration of Christmas and Easter.

So when a person barks on about Christmas discriminating against the beliefs of other religions (who never seem to have a problem with it) then you can almost guarantee that the person is an Atheist who you would think would just go about their business and ignore it being unbelievers and all.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Aye, it's the sad truth.

Same for things that are suddenly considered racist for example, are usually complained about by white people in the country. Not the people it is meant to offend.

Apparently these other cultures and races are unable to speak for themselves, or so the government would have use believe.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think that we're witnessing huge events with the migrations of people in not just England but throughout Europe.

I can't imagine what this will be like in 50 or 100 years.

I do think that the countries of Europe need to figure out how many people can live in each county and then limit immigration and/or eliminate incentives for immigrants like welfare.

Things cannot continue as they are.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

have you ever seen the brits in foriegn countries,spain for example is full of pure british communities,fish and chips,kebabs,bear in abundance...pretty much thier culture.
most of them dont even speak spanish or ever intend to.
the spanish dont complain,except for the trouble the young ones cause....oh an all the criminals who flee there to escape prosicution and run crime syndicates.

the brits,americans etc all ghettoize themselves wherever they go...yet should another race do so they are automaticly demonized.

i mean when have you seen an englishman wearing another countries traditional dress,or convert to the local religion and belief system?,hardly ever,yet when foriegn people come to the uk they are attacked for not "fitting in" should they wear their own attire.

i mean the brits dont really have the best record of fitting in,wherever they go they just tend to slaughter the local population and take over......its a bit unruly dont you think?

by common standards each american should be called sitting bull,live in a tee pee and talk non stop about buffalos.....naaah they just shot them all.

and africa......find me a british colony in which actually intigrated with the local communty in any way at all.....nope they just shot them all.

double standards of the highest order.

oh and migration,its perfectly fine for the british to migrate to control two thirds of the worlds surface but should those they conquered wish to LIVE in a mere fraction ofenglish land by god thiers an uproar.

ohhhh the wests culture is deeply flawed and up itself.......

[edit on 29-1-2009 by welivefortheson]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

I often have mixed feelings on immigration.

On the one hand, living in the US, this is a country founded on immigration. In the old days, 25-30% of the immigrants didn't like being in the US and ended up returning home.

Now, if your an immigrant, legal or illegal and you're having difficulty living here, you can get welfare.

I support immigration from people who want to move here to work and become citizens.

I don't support welfare for immigrants who can't cut it here.

I'm strongly oppose to people who think that they should be able to live here but don't want to adopt our culture.

www.dailystar.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

I understand what you are saying. I too am perplexed to why they would move to another country yet refuse to accept their ways. If they think their country and their ways are so great then I think they should stay in there own country.

I know that it sounds a little ugly and I am not an isolationist but when you are a visitor you go by the rules of the house. If it is too much or goes against your grain then you pack your bags and go home.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join