It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can each one of us truly find "heaven on earth?"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cool Hand Luke

Absolutely! I so agree with you. I told my sister tonight that exact thing. She asked me, how can you not worry about all the things in your life? I told her, by doing things that make you smile. Helping others has brought me outside of self. Being kind, even when the situation calls for me to rip their face off, turning the other cheek, so to speak. It was hard at first, now it's just how I've become. And it's much more peaceful.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I am also artist like. Becoming more right brained is actually pretty easy for the most part. The right brain is you instincs/feelings/emotions, plain and simple it is your "heart." The left brain would be the "mind." All you really have to do is follow your heart without hesitation. Dont listen to what you think, listen to what you feel.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

You know, that's gotten me into trouble a few times in my life..lol..specially when it came to picking men..sighs

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I think people over analyse the left brain, right brain functions, without a balance between the two, there is no creativity or science, abstract thought without form surely cant bring any satisfaction neither can an analytical mind evolve without imagination or a grasp of the romantic.

Can each one of us find a heaven on earth? Its possible, happiness isnt a destination its a state of being and you will only ever feel it here and now. No one will ever be permanently happy the goal is to recognise the good times when they are here. There were times with my dad that i took for everyday mundane occasions and now he's gone i wish id made the most of them. Im happy to have known him and devastated to have lost him, thats how life is, sometimes it takes pain to recognise joy.

As it is i think most people wouldn't recognise heaven, it saddens me it may take a lot of hurt for the whole world to realise how things could be.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by R-evolve

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your father. It's a wonderful thing, though, that you can live with the joy of having known him. And, I have a belief that we will be with our loved ones again , somewhere.
I agree that it does sometimes take pain to know joy. But does it have to be that way? Can we not know joy and peace without the pain?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

When I read the title of your thread one thought came to my mind, and after reading you post that thought remains.

I am that, I am.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 24/1/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Comrad "Yummy Freelunch" nice to hear from you again, and your article is very interesting and strikes deep within my Soul.

I may be 47 years old, but I'm still a kid at heart, and everybody still tells me that I'm still a kid; the old and the young.

NIRVANA IS A STATE OF MIND

I walk around in that state of Nirvana most of the time. I'm in Heaven here on Earth.

I've grown up only one state away from you, and I've been over a lot of the USA and its still beautiful to behold. I grew up just as you described, walking and exploring the outdoors in the same manner as yourself.

I sing songs all the time, whether I'm out driving somewhere, or in the store shopping. I look at your Avatar and the song "Somebody to Love" by Jefferson Airplane comes into mind. You must be a very passionate person, otherwise this song would not have come into my mind when I see your Avatar and think about things that you have said and have done.

You are such a sweet heart, that I figured you were living a life filled with love.

The doctor in the video had a close call, she had a wonderful experience within her bad experience that covered 8 years of her life. But still she didn't want to die.

You my dear, make me wonder about what all is going on in your life, and in your mind. Why don't you tell us more of what is going on in your mind. What is your religion? You state that you aren't Christian, so tell me what your religion is, even if you feel you need to U2U me with your answers.

WebBot and the crazies out there kept people like yourself thinking that some terribly destructive earthquake was going to happen in December near New Madrid, Missouri; that must have really scared you, and put a lot of extra anxiety upon your soul.

I see you are talking about survival. What are you trying to survive from? I'm concerned for you, and I don't want you doing anything crazy. I have a heart as big as the All Outdoors for everyone, and it is still made of pure 24 Karat Gold.

You state you are an Artist, what kind of Artist are you? I had some cool friends that were Artists that painted and made sculptures, they were crazy fun people. Andy was the craziest, in his office behind the door he had a supprise for people that hadn't been in his office before. He had sculpted a 7 foot tall male organ, and when he told his visitors to come on in and shut the door, boy-oh-boy did they have a suprise waiting for them, hahahaha.

Happiness is all in the mind, and I sprinkled you with stars.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

Comrad "Yummy Freelunch" nice to hear from you again, and your article is very interesting and strikes deep within my Soul.

I may be 47 years old, but I'm still a kid at heart, and everybody still tells me that I'm still a kid; the old and the young.

NIRVANA IS A STATE OF MIND

I walk around in that state of Nirvana most of the time. I'm in Heaven here on Earth.

I've grown up only one state away from you, and I've been over a lot of the USA and its still beautiful to behold. I grew up just as you described, walking and exploring the outdoors in the same manner as yourself.

I sing songs all the time, whether I'm out driving somewhere, or in the store shopping. I look at your Avatar and the song "Somebody to Love" by Jefferson Airplane comes into mind. You must be a very passionate person, otherwise this song would not have come into my mind when I see your Avatar and think about things that you have said and have done.

You are such a sweet heart, that I figured you were living a life filled with love.

The doctor in the video had a close call, she had a wonderful experience within her bad experience that covered 8 years of her life. But still she didn't want to die.

You my dear, make me wonder about what all is going on in your life, and in your mind. Why don't you tell us more of what is going on in your mind. What is your religion? You state that you aren't Christian, so tell me what your religion is, even if you feel you need to U2U me with your answers.

WebBot and the crazies out there kept people like yourself thinking that some terribly destructive earthquake was going to happen in December near New Madrid, Missouri; that must have really scared you, and put a lot of extra anxiety upon your soul.

I see you are talking about survival. What are you trying to survive from? I'm concerned for you, and I don't want you doing anything crazy. I have a heart as big as the All Outdoors for everyone, and it is still made of pure 24 Karat Gold.

You state you are an Artist, what kind of Artist are you? I had some cool friends that were Artists that painted and made sculptures, they were crazy fun people. Andy was the craziest, in his office behind the door he had a supprise for people that hadn't been in his office before. He had sculpted a 7 foot tall male organ, and when he told his visitors to come on in and shut the door, boy-oh-boy did they have a suprise waiting for them, hahahaha.

Happiness is all in the mind, and I sprinkled you with stars.

Wow, TY RS, and what a wonderful post this was for me to read. It's nice to hear from you again, as well.
I do agree that Nirvana is a state of mind, being, maybe the zen everyone has looked for and so few have found. As the doctor in the video found out herself, we can be there anytime we choose. And if we are all part of the greater scheme of things, all part of the same universe, then all of us, every single one of us can live this way daily.

I really dont want to bore people with my life story..lol..but I will answer your questions.
I also USED to sing alot when I was riding my horse out alone in the woods, it seemed so natural to do that, now it doesnt come so easy. Although I do still sing along with songs at times. Forgetting to be carefree might be the challenge there.

I suppose I'm really not any religion, so to speak. I tried my hand at Christianity, and it was too conformed to me. I'm an Aquarius and a free spirit, and don't respond well to conformity or authority. I call myself Wiccan, because it is the closest to what I believe in. It is a nature/goddess based religion and Wiccans believe in the power and goodness of the earth and all creatures upon it. Pretty much, no rules like Christianity apart from, "do what you will, but harm none". And we all know right from wrong, so no one has to tell us how to live our lives, or fear going to a burning pit of fire. But, that's a whole other subject.

Yes, the EQ scare was rather disturbing to me. Of course, any kind of disaster would be disturbing to me, as I still have 2 teenage sons at home to protect. If it would be just myself, I would not be as fearful for survival. I talk of survival, because I just have this anxiety, or foreboding feeling that something is going to happen, and soon. I can't tell you what it is, but I feel that us humans will be pushed to our limits.

I used to draw and paint alot, now its mostly with photoshop, which btw, i LOVE. It's an amazing platform to create anything you can dream up. You're friend sounds like a blast! Us artistic people can be pretty crazy and eclectic at times. But we're alot of fun
And ty for sprinkling me with stars, I will count them all
Take care, friend.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
"Can each one of us truly find "heaven on earth?" Yeah the gift of life, not religious rambellings.

Next!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Comrad "Yummy Freelunch" it was strange that the doctor in the video had to go through a terrible ordeal in order for her to discover that there is more than just existing, working, and paying taxes.

She seems like she is a really nice woman, and yet it seems like she was terribly lonely in her life because of her stroke; except for her mother. Her mother must have nursed her when all others must have abandoned her; or at least that is the way I took it. She must have had one heck of a struggle for it to take her 8 years to fully recover.

I'm happy that she found something that she could hold onto, because her memories of what happened to her at the very beginning of her bad experience is probably all that pulled her through her experience. She made it all the way through because she wanted to tell the world of her experience and to tell everyone that we are all in this together, and that we can change things and live differently.

Its amazing what that small things can change our lives in a dramatic way. I was on a health food diet one time and decided I didn't like the taste of garlic, so I decided I would swallow the clove of garlic. Almost died from my health food diet when that clove of garlic was stuck in my throat.

I could barely breath for several minutes, and calling 911 was out of the question because I couldn't talk, and by the time they would get there it would be too late. All I could really think of though was that I hadn't told anyone my secrets and about all of my great scientific discoveries, it kept coming into my mind over and over while I was slowly dieing alone in my home. Finally I went over to the sink and hit my chest extremely hard on the counter and out shot the last clove of garlic that will ever pass my lips, hahahahaha.

Now, I'm getting ready to show the world much of my secret scientific knowledge on YouTube. That stuff is my secret Nirvana, the stuff that has driven me for over a decade, just like the doctor in the video. It might be a month or so before I start uploading all of the videos, but when I do, the world will be in shock.

The scientific world will state that its all hogwash, but in the end I will prove that its all scientifically real, and that the other scientists of the world have been wrong all of these years. That will be the "PEAK" of my Nirvana, and it should take place within about a month, that is if I can get someone to video me, while I explain stuff piece by piece. The other "PEAK" of my Nirvana will take place when I get paid, hahahaha. I thought I would bore everybody with my life story, hahahaha.

Theres nothing wrong with your religion that you have taken up. It sounds like the kind of religion that lots of people need to take up, because it seems more realistic and being good to one another and to all creatures on Gods green Earth, is what life is all about.

I suspect that your two teenage sons are more than willing to protect you, as much as you are willing to protect them, and that is good. In these days, I think everyone here on ATS feels like there is something that is going to happen soon that will affect us all, but we don't know what it is, but whatever it will turn out to be, we will surely know it before most of the rest of the world knows about it. Hopefully it won't mess up our Heaven on Earth, hahahahaha.

Yes, I miss Andy T. he is a very good friend, and he is wild. I remember one time he was at the peak of his Nirvana. Andy, John and I went out to the bars to meet women. John bet Andy a dollar that he wouldn't go out and strip dance out on the dance floor of this big bar; it was a disco bar called Jammers, not a strip dance place.

Well... Andy went right out to the center of the dance floor and started taking off his clothes, which he threw to John to keep for him. Pretty quickly Andy was down to his scivies and the women were all over him, in less than a minute of dancing women had stuck 27 one dollar bills down his shorts, and Andy was grinning like his smile would never stop, and he was truly in Heaven on Earth, at the peak of his Nirvana. Needless to say we got kicked out of that bar only a minute after his dance; and believe it or not he was ready to do it all over again at another bar.

As you can see Andy found Heaven on Earth by just taking the challenge of Johns bet. It seems like to me, that finding Heaven on Earth isn't as hard to find as we think sometimes; sometimes all we have to do is just let go, and not care what others think. I think, "caring about what others think, stifles many people from reaching different levels of Heaven on Earth".

What do you think about that "Yummy Freelunch"?

When I see or read your name, I start thinking about food, and free food, which is like Heaven on Earth, especially if it's bar-b-que; hahahaha. Also when I see your avatar, I wonder if you have tatoos. I think tatoos are very decorative and great conversation pieces.

Sometimes when people brag on another person, and that person finds out about it, it puts them in Heaven on Earth to a different degree depending on what all took place. I know that I fade in and out of Heaven on Earth; and sometimes it seems like its the other way around; down not up, hahahahaha.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Hello, again Russian Scientist
Whenever I see your name it makes me think of a man with a bottle of vodka and a big furry hat..lol
From reading so many near death experiences, it seems that most people reach that peace, or zen as they are dying, or after they have died. Some I've read have died and been brought back, but there was always usually this amazing peace and tranquility that they couldnt even put into words. So, is it all in our minds, yes, because you are where you are, so to speak. The moment of :"being:" . I know Im not so good at putting it into words.

I congratulate you on your upcoming videos. I'm not sure about YouTube, that place can get a bit wierd, so many strange people. I'm very curious about what you have to share with the world, and if you need my help in any way, I'd be glad to help. I'm always open for a new adventure. lol.
Boy, that would have been a fun night with you guys! I used to go out like that, but I have pretty much become a hermit, suffering from social anxiety. Feeling totally uncomfortable in crowds of people. Anyway, the internet has helped that

My avatar? Yes that's actually Angelina Jolie, but she's been photoshopped a bit to be goth. I do have tattooes actually, a pentacle on my arm is my shield. I have a myspace page with my pics on it, if you'd like to see it you can U2U me.
Anyway, keep the peace with you, and blessed be, my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join