It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can each one of us truly find "heaven on earth?"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
First off, I'm not sure if this story should be in this topic, so note to MODS, please move to the appropriate place if necessary. Thank you.

I have been searching all my life for "heaven on earth", or if you will, a peaceful place to be within myself.

As a child, I would dress myself and go out into our woods, we had a thousand acres, and spend my entire days just alone out in the woods. Although there were never any other humans around me, I never felt alone. I also never thought about it,being alone, as a child, it was just something that felt natural to me.
I was never more at peace with myself, than my early days. Of course, I always found some kind of creature, frogs, lizards, occasionally a bat, or raccoon and they would become my "friends". Yes, I suppose I was a strange child. But so at peace with everything in my life.
As I grew older, I lost this sense of peace. I've tried to regain it, even walking alone in the forest, but it seems to allude me. My life has been filled with anxiety, fears, thoughts of survival, bills, etc. My brain just wont SHUT UP!! Even sleeping becomes a task to just shut the thoughts up! Sometimes the most annoying songs will play over and over and drive me up the wall!

Continued below......

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Just to respond to your question.

NO!

Ever thought of the people in warzones, without food, without housing etc.
They don't even have time to think about stuff like that...be happy that you can.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well, as in my search, I ran across a story, a TRULY remarkable story that has just opened my eyes to what and WHO we truly are.
Her name is Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor and she is a brain scientist.
What does this have to do with peace inside ourselves, heaven on earth?
I urge you to watch her video, it is 20 mins long, but I have to say it's the best 20 minutes Ive spent.

One morning, a blood vessel in Jill Bolte Taylor's brain exploded. As a brain scientist, she realized she had a ringside seat to her own stroke. She watched as her brain functions shut down one by one: motion, speech, memory, self-awareness ... Amazed to find herself alive, Taylor spent eight years recovering her ability to think, walk and talk. She has become a spokesperson for stroke recovery and for the possibility of coming back from brain injury stronger than before. In her case, although the stroke damaged the left side of her brain, her recovery unleashed a torrent of creative energy from her right. From her home base in Indiana, she now travels the country on behalf of the Harvard Brain Bank as the "Singin' Scientist."

Dr. Jill Taylor's Video

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mortje

I know they arent able to think of these things. But dont you think they'd LIKE to? And please watch the video.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr virus

Its so nice to be called a fool, when one hasnt even looked at the information I provided.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Jill Bolte explains so amazingly the state of Nirvana in scientific terms the state which ancient Indians tried to explain in various books such as the Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Brahma sutras etc. - The concept of Advaita philosophy. "Becoming one with the Infinite Spirit (the whole cosmic energy)" that is referred in all the great vedanta books as the Brahman (the one infinite spirit) - the way to knowledge and peace !! Never miss a chance to watch this video, for this contains a very detailed abstract of how we humans with body and mind is connected to the one spirit and continue to live as individuals. Certainly Jill is gifted to have had such an experience and its very heart touching when she relays her story.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
amazing video. moving stuff. wow

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Yes, I have to say I have watched it a few times, and to hear someone that has really been at death's door, and experienced a Nirvana, and as a brain scientist, it's amazing what we really have control of in our lives.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Sure you can, what is funny is that all the scriptures that were banned and called heretical talk about finding heaven on earth and how to get there. The Gnostic scriptures did also.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SlyFox_79

Funny thing is, it's not a physical place. Although, I know there are places, such as Wales and Tibet, that physically are breath taking and would help it to seem like it's heaven.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mortje
Just to respond to your question.

NO!

Ever thought of the people in warzones, without food, without housing etc.
They don't even have time to think about stuff like that...be happy that you can.

There's a part in the Gospel of Thomas that says something like God's kingdom is spread over all the earth, but few see it. I think this is true. It is not about where you are in life, starving, living in a warzone ect. It's about what you do with whatever you have. The awareness of Heaven isn't an outcome really, but a process that one has to work towards with whatever tools one has available.

Of course they think about heaven even in those circumstances. They want their conditions to get better, which is basically like trying to "bring a piece of heaven" down to earth whether they are religious or not.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Well said! S for you
I couldn't have said it better! Although, I'm not a Christian, seeking "heaven" has always been something mankind has strived for. Do you seek otherwise? No one seeks for the opposite of Nirvana, Heaven.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Great video. Heaven on Earth is possible for every person on Earth, but only as one and equal. That can only come through right brain thinking. Left brain/technology/machines are all destructive forms of survival and ego.

World peace is very possible. Its our choice. Every single one of ours. We all speak for the entirety of the planet. So far we chose to live in seperation as devided as unequal. Seperation from God. Seperation from our true selvs. Seperation from truth. Seperation from reality. Seperated as slaves.

This was our choice. We can still change through one another.
This is exactly what I think all this 2012 stuff is about. You see humans chose to suppress the right side of consciousness inorder to persue intellectually. That was done with great sacrifice. Inorder to continue our existence we must awaken that right side of consciousness within ourselvs.

Lucifer is seperation; though seperation is an illusion. Seperation is only a thought. Thoughts are only potentails. To feel is to know.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Oh and dont listen to these robots that will tell you all of this is a hallucination, some sort of sensory deprivation or a complete illusion.
They know nothing. Let hem live in their dull and lifeless world.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
She took Words Right Out Of My Mouth!!!

I acheived this sense with fasting. I've been on a limited fast for the last year or so. I'm not starving by any stretch of the means, I just eat what feels like enough, and of things that don't give me heartburn.

Simple thing it is, first eat foods that don't give you heartburn, eat as much as you feel satisifies, and then take a nice hour long walk a day.
If you like add your preference of vitamin.

And yes like the allegorical apple, knowledge only brings a false sense of security unless it leads you to rediscover you were never naked or alone in the garden of eden, you merely did not need to worry. Evreything was wonderfull before the false knowledge of self alone.

We are able to feel this shared experience, but we are discouraged to by society.

-ADHD

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I think ultimate truth is discovered when you feel as though you have always known the realization you had just made, but somehow forgotten.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
You create your own heaven on earth by accomplishing what you enjoy no matter what situation you are presently dealing with. In fact, on earth is the only place where you can create "heaven" because how do you know that there is an actual heaven outside of death? You don't and nobody can know because we can't see it, touch it, smell it, etc. Best to deal with what you have in front of you and go from there. Find out what you value because that is the only thing that you can be sure to get joy from. If you sit back through life wishing death would come so you would have joy, you have wasted your life.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

Wow, I think that also, about the 2012. What ways can we teach ourselves to think more right brained? I tend to think this way, mostly because Im an artist.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ADHDsux4me

But, she had to die to get there, to that place of peace on earth. And like she is teaching now, we all have it inside us, it's just choosing to live it. But, I'd like to hear more about how we can achieve it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join