It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Arrested for Snowball Throw

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
According to unconfirmed reports some 200 students were having a snowball fight when one of them hit a cop. Apparently that is a serious crime in this state.

A freshman at East Carolina University was placed in handcuffs by a police officer during a snowball fight involving more than 200 students. After a throw at a cop, he was tackled and pepper sprayed.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hell yes it's serious. He's lucky the cop didnt shoot him, shoot any pets he may have, rape his mother and/or sister, charge him with terrorism, etc...

I wonder if the cop will claim "deadly weapon?"

Closing Gitmo and putting razor wire around the country.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You must feel so 'safe', with cops like that. Unbelievable.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Man that is the stupidest thing i have ever seen arrested for throwing a snowball Great to know that we got our priorities sorted out eh

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
That's a chemical weapon attack right there. Pure dihydrous oxide, lethal in sufficient quantities (applied to the lungs with extreme prejudice).

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I must admit something like this could have gotten out of hand and perhaps caused a major war or international incident, perhaps they should have called in the guard?

More video...

Silly kids, you could put an eye out or worse, hit a cop.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i so wish,,, as he had the kid down and on top of him,,, a bunch of people should have pelted the cop from behind

what would he have done if 100 people started lighting him up with snowballs

plus it would have made great video and karma

also,,,notice everyone stood by and watched ,,or barely yelled
people will not stand up for each other

which is scary for if,, i said if,,, they start coming for all of us as the 800 threads here on ats suggest or predict

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Maybe they will come after you for that post?

If I were you I would be stockpiling snowballs now, get ready for the revolution before it is too late.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Growing up in Utah, I remember in junior high we would always have huge snowball fights, although not exactly permitted, not exactly disallowed, Officer Ogden was a force to be recogned with.

Not because he'd tackle you.
Not because he'd arrest you.
Not because he'd tazer you.
Not because he'd press charges.

But because when you nailed him, his college ball arm would rear it's ugly head and no matter how fast I was, one of them always caught up with me in a bad way. He was a good man and had a hell of a side arm.

The times they are a changin.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Dude, bro!

That's why the Illuminati and NWO are hella cauzin Global Warming so that when the revolution comes (shout out to Che) there will be no snowballs to defend against martial law with

4 r3@lZ.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So what's the charge? "Assault with the intent of causing serious humiliation"? I sure hope the cop had his snowball proof vest on.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

You know this is perhaps the most believable theory on global warming I've heard yet.

If the snowballs melt I suggest using a similar optional weapon, the Nerf ball, it would likely have the same devastating results as the snowball without the problem of melting.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
That's way over the top!

If I was the cop, I would have just thrown one back at him. Maybe they're not allowed to these days?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
If my kid were arrested for something so lame, I'd be outraged. I'd beat that COP to within an inch of his life, put his cuffs on myself, get into the back seat of his patrol car, and wait for his buddies to beat the *Snip* out of me as they call it an accident, smile through my toothless grin (as I'm sure they'd knock 'em all out) plead guilty with the proudest pride I'd ever feel again, and go on to my days of indefinate lock up and gang rape.
I'd lead my child by example. You bully the bully back, no matter what the cost, stand up for what's right.
Ooooh, i'd so beat that COP if it were my kid.

It's bad enough you can go down the streets of America and see people are so afraid of each other that you don't see kids outside playing anymore, or neighbors talking on their front porches. Resigned instead to become saturated by their electronic pacifiers, communicating by BlackBerry or Nintendo DS, even when they are in the same room or on the same couch, but, to think that we may not even see snowball fights anymore because of the inherant danger or potential legal risks.

Enough is enough. Even if no one else thinks so.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by PhyberDragon]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I agree this is ridiculous to arrest this kid for throwing a snowball, it was obviously all in fun and not intended to cause harm to anyone.

But, on the other side, snowball fights can be dangerous, yes yes I know "a snowball fight dangerous? You've got to be crazy!"

Well, let me explain, a couple of years ago my son was "involved" in a snowball fight at school (elementary). Involved as happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, digging tunnels in the snow and was not throwing snowballs himself. Tons of kids were throwing snowballs, everyone was having a good time (except for staff trying to get everyone to stop throwing snowballs), until an "ice ball" was thrown, which hit my son in the head, knocked him out, cut his forehead open and gave him a concussion. He was out of school for two days and the school had to pay for the hospital bills.

The kid that threw the ice ball was suspended, and many of the kids were "freaked out", because a little blood in snow looks like a lot of blood, and my son was lying in the snow bleeding. A couple of the kids nearby (from what I was told) started screaming "he's dead he's dead". Caused a big uproar and many kids were "traumatized", yeah yeah I know it was just a snowball fight. I have been told several "different" stories as to how long my son was down after being hit, but he definitely had a concussion, and the school watched him for weeks to assure that his learning capabilities were not hampered. It's not good to be knocked out, and I gather he was "down" for a few minutes.

So yeah, this kid being arrested for throwing a snowball is just plain idiocy, but on the other side snowball fights can be dangerous and people can get harmed. That is why most schools do not allow snowball fights.

But again, I don't agree that our police should be out their arresting people for having snowball fights.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
No dodge ball no snowball whats next? no basket ball. baseball? Im sorry your kid got hurt .But kids will be kids,and kids love to throw snowballs.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloman Kane
No dodge ball no snowball whats next? no basket ball. baseball? Im sorry your kid got hurt .But kids will be kids,and kids love to throw snowballs.

Yes I know, and many parents of bullies, when they are called into school for something their child has done will say in confusion "what's the problem? Kids will be kids". That's no excuse, otherwise criminals would be saying "criminals will just be criminals" and that would make everything all hunky dokey.

I feel that "games" that encourage children to in a manner harm other children (such as dodge ball) should not be allowed in our school system. We ALL know that in dodge ball, the popular kids gang up on the unpopular kids while the teachers stand around all "stupid" like not paying attention to what is taking place. The same thing can happen on the play ground with snowballs, or a child can unwittingly and/or knowingly pick up an ice ball.

Here is a link to an article about it
www.foxnews.com...

"It all started in good nature, but then people were throwing them as hard as they could at each other. They were everywhere," He said a girl was knocked to the ground after being hit in the face with a snowball thrown from 10 feet away, while another student cried after getting hit in the eye.
Police said an officer used pepper spray on a group of students that rushed officers trying to make an arrest.

and another from not faux
www.wral.com...
ahhhhh and as I read THIS article, not the op's or the faux article it states "Freshman (removed name) hit a campus police officer with a chunk of ice".

An estimated 200 to 250 students participated in the snowball fight, and campus police were called to the area three times to control the activity.

"There were reports of, in addition to snowballs, throwing pieces of fruit (and) chunks of ice,"

Some students threw snowballs at passing cars or opened car doors and threw snowballs at occupants inside.

So, this was not just a basic little snowball fight, this was a free for all throw whatever you can as hard as you can at anyone and everyone.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I pose a question to everyone on this thread:

What would you do if you were minding your own business, or working, or whatever, and someone hit you in the face with a snow or ice ball?

My answer: I would smack them.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti - Government
Man that is the stupidest thing i have ever seen arrested for throwing a snowball ...

And yes, throwing a snow ball at a cop, even by accident, is a really stupid thing. Anyone paying any attention what so ever to current events should know it would bring down some big heat. Welcome to new world.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by amazed

"everyone was having a good time (except for staff trying to get everyone to stop throwing snowballs), until an "ice ball" was thrown, which hit my son in the head,"

Yeah okay...

But this wasn't an ice-ball fight, it was a snowball fight ;-)

(By the time this snowball gets to court It will be classified as a 'Compression-hardened ice-based spheroid projectile hurled with malicious intent')

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join