It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neat experience of mine I'd like to share

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Good afternoon!
I'm just a whee bit bored at the current and was reading through some of the paranormal stuff on the website here and I wanted to share with you what I thought was a very unique and neat experience.

Before I took the job I'm at now I used to work in a call center for a major US ISP working technical support. Anyways, like everyone else there we got bored a lot after lunch time (noon) as calls would really slow down. Well I was one of the few people that was left on my side of the building before 5pm on Saturdays (we had a kinda skelekton crew on the weekend).
Side note: Just for some reference this building isn't old, it was constructed within the last 10 years and is very technical and modern.
Back to the story: I was doing some reading online like I always did when I was bored as that was all there to do. I've always found para psych topics very interested. I got really immersed and interested in a very long and drawn out explanation of the rules of the deceased in the spirit realm for those that didn't make the journey back to the light by choice (for many different reasons, fear, shame, etc..). Anyways near the end of the article it was stating that it was unhealthy for the Living to be concerned with the Dead especially with everything that was going on in the world (the latter part reading here was like the anti-fear portion of the article.) It also stated that for the most part the deceased aren't worried about those living anymore etc.. (IIRC). At that very point I felt someone hit my left shoulderblade behind me. It wasn't like a painful punch but it was more than a tap. I was so immersed in this article that it startled me and I got up turning around (expecting one of my friends to be there). I was cussing on the way around for them scaring me but there wasn't anyone there. I then figured someone threw something at me because there wasn't anyone within 150feet of me. There was nothing.

I figured I'd share that with you guys as afterwards when I realized no one could have done that to me I thought of a lot of possibilities. Before I say what my conclusion is to this incident is, what do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I will give the first 'skeptic' explanation that occurs to me: an involuntary muscle spasm. These can feel like external jabs or taps. They can especially happen when you're "really immersed and interested", as you say, and possibly hunched over and not paying attention to posture, muscle fatigue, and tension.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
That's a very valid possibility.. keep em coming

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by n1zzzn

You say your left shoulder? Under your left shoulder blade? Why are you interested in the dead? Who do you know that has died recently? Were you thinking of anyone who had died?

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There's a shadow just behind me,
shrouding every step I take,
making every promise empty,
pointing every finger at me.
Waiting like a stalking butler,
who upon the finger rests.
Murder now the path called must we,
just because the son has come.

My shadow's
Shedding skin
and I've been picking
scabs again.
I'm down
digging through
my old muscles
for a clue.
I've been crawling on my belly
clearing out what could've been.
I've been wallowing in my own confused
and insecure delusions
for a piece to cross me over
or a word to guide me in.
I wanna feel the changes coming down.
I wanna know what I've been hiding
in (my shadow. 2x)
Change is coming through my shadow.
My shadow's
shedding skin.
I've been picking
my scabs again.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Until last year only one person add passed away from me that was really close to me, and yes I had him in my mind during that time. It was actually between my shoulder blade and my spine on the left side.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not interested in contacting the dead or anything like that. I've just always been curious about what ghosts may be or stuff like that.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by n1zzzn]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The spasm sounds like the best explanation. With you being so immersed in what you were reading your mind could of jumped to something paranormal. Instead of the everyday knowledge of a spasm. The spasm happened at just the right time for you not to consider it a spasm and therefore it must have been something else.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by n1zzzn
Until last year only one person add passed away from me that was really close to me, and yes I had him in my mind during that time. It was actually between my shoulder blade and my spine on the left side.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not interested in contacting the dead or anything like that. I've just always been curious about what ghosts may be or stuff like that.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by n1zzzn]

Under the scapula as I thought.

Are you of a religious background and have since given it up? Any religion?

Remember, "Go towards the light Carol ann?'

That's what they are doing, you are the light. Like moths to a flame.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by n1zzzn

OP

It may be interesting for you to research the history of the building and land it was built on?

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I get this all the time and as it has already been mentioned it's more than likely a muscle spasm.

I get them only at the computer, I use my right hand for the mouse and the left side almost always contorts into a nice comfortable lazy slouch
It puts pressure on the neck muscles and the muscles that run under the shoulder blade, move a certain way even unconsciously and yah get a ZAP. it does feel like a poke, lasts for just a second and really isn't painful after though it can give a sharp stabbing or a burning pain when it happens.

You may be the light in someone's life
but i don't think you're THE light for ghosties.

There is a specific exercise you can do to relieve strain on your back , neck and shoulders

Sit straight in your chair, rest your hands palm up on your thighs, pull your shoulder blades together very tightly whilst trying to touch your chin to your chest (stay as straight as possible). It looks hilarious but feels great and it really works. Do it a couple times an hour and no more spasms in your back.

The building may have ghosts but if this is the first and only time you've ever experienced anything that took you by surprise I would go with muscle spasm. If it has happened before make some notes and keep track...you never know

I am also very interested in ghosts and paranormal...never seen a ghost but my daughter has when she was only 4 (at least I think she must have as there's not really any other practical explanation).

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I don't get that spasm though.. might have just been the chair there.

I am not really religious so to speak, I grew up Catholic but I've formed by own views, more along the lines of Light/Energy and God as the source of all etc.. (waaaay too much to get into detail).

But thanks for possible catalysts guys.

I was never scared.. it was like right when I realized it could have been supernatural I laughed. It could have been a spirit poking me saying what I was reading was right or it could have just been a spasm.

For the record this was three years ago and the person I was thinking of had passed away at least 4 years prior.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by n1zzzn
I don't get that spasm though.. might have just been the chair there.

I am not really religious so to speak, I grew up Catholic but I've formed by own views, more along the lines of Light/Energy and God as the source of all etc.. (waaaay too much to get into detail).

But thanks for possible catalysts guys.

I was never scared.. it was like right when I realized it could have been supernatural I laughed. It could have been a spirit poking me saying what I was reading was right or it could have just been a spasm.

For the record this was three years ago and the person I was thinking of had passed away at least 4 years prior.

Cool thank you for answering my questions.

I see it like this.

We are memory cards of sorts. The life is in the blood and is carried by blood, more specifically the Iron in your blood which is magnatized and polarized by your Attitude in life. The saying, "a dark cloud followed him" is speaking of one who is attracting negative forces.

In the old days, they would mourn the dead for 30 days. This just so happens to be the approxomit length of time that it takes the Brain to create New Nueral pathways in your brain. Mourning is Memorizing.

The spots you feel this through are directly related to your Lymph as you lymph IS the "Pearly Gates" and also entry into the blood which is the river of life.

Spirits can enter into these "opening's", specifically people you think about who are past on although if you're doing wrong to your body, others can enter as well and begin to posses what is not theirs. This is called being a sojourner or being a member of the house, your body being the house. The life force that has not been completely pulled apart by having no "gravity" source ie (memory in the host) are formed into "fresh slates" and start the game over again.

By having children you pass along accumulated lives and that is why it is so important to "be fruitful" and "multiply" and follow the "true" savior, children.
You were no doubt tapped by your friend.

My uncle, sister, Grandma, grandpa all died with in a 3 year period. This began happening to me, but not just bumping me. I can see them move around me and feel them enter me. I can hear them talking with me all the time, even now. I can close my eyes and see them in my head around a big table laughing and talking with each other. There is even a little window they can come up to (inside my head) and talk to me so that I can see them.

You might say...."Yeah right", but I assure you, I am perfectly sane. It took me a long time to trust, having a christian background, which I too have formed my own Ideas on, but I do know this..."The dead rise" and we are "the place prepared for our ancestors"

After the 10th Generation Geneology is harder and harder to trace, that is why people in the old testament lived a thousand years...not literally, but spiritually through the "generations" of them.

Resurrect in the Blood, Reincarnate out of the Blood.

Your friend was saying hello because your memory brought him/her to life in you.

Peace

top topics

join