It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Kills Wife for Changing Facebook Status to 'Single'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Man Kills Wife for Changing Facebook Status to 'Single'

www.foxnews.com

A man murdered his estranged wife after he became “enraged” that she had changed her marital status to single on the social networking site Facebook.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Fiona Cortese of the Crown Prosecution Service said: “Richarsdon became enraged when Sarah changed her marital status on Facebook to single and decided to go and see her as she was not responding to his messages.”

Stafford Crown Court heard that Richardson, a carpenter from Biddulph, Stoke-on-Trent, had sought out Mrs Richardson in her parents house and entered by breaking the front door window.

“Once inside he found Sarah in her bedroom and subjected her to a frenzied and brutal attack with a knife and then attempted to take his own life,” said Ms Cortese.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: When starting a thread in BAN, please add your own contribution or opinion to the issue at hand.
Please review link: Breaking Alternative News guidelines

Specifically:

Use the comment field for your opinion, spin, or other commentary on the news article. One-line posts or short posts simply repeating the quoted snippet are not enough. We want to see what you think of the story or why you think it's important.

[edit on 1/23/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Again?

May 4, 2008

Oct 17, 2008

I think it's time to ban the UK.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This being the UK, thank goodness she didn't try and defend herself.

If she had caused her attacker any bodily harm she could have been in a lot of trouble

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
"Man Kills Wife for Changing Facebook Status to 'Single'" is a little misleading. I'm sure he had plenty of good reason to murder his wife, perhaps you should change the title to say: "Man Kills Wife After Changing Her Facebook Status to 'Single'"

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'm sure there is a lot that more to this than simply changing a Facebook status. Perhaps she was seeing another man and the husband was aware of it. When she stopped responding to his messages and changed her status, that was the last straw that sent the man over the edge.

Of course this is just an assumption on my behalf, but again, I'm sure there's more to it than what we're being presented with in this article.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Wow, again?

What is wrong with these folks?

Originally posted by gopher mines
"Man Kills Wife for Changing Facebook Status to 'Single'" is a little misleading. I'm sure he had plenty of good reason to murder his wife, perhaps you should change the title to say: "Man Kills Wife After Changing Her Facebook Status to 'Single'"

Would you like to elaborate what you think a good reason to murder her would have been?

Originally posted by Impreza

I'm sure there is a lot that more to this than simply changing a Facebook status. Perhaps she was seeing another man and the husband was aware of it. When she stopped responding to his messages and changed her status, that was the last straw that sent the man over the edge.

Of course this is just an assumption on my behalf, but again, I'm sure there's more to it than what we're being presented with in this article.

And you too, do you think that she deserved to be killd even if there was "Something else" going on?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Another case 'theyll' run with to prove how diabolical the internet is and how it should be censored.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Most likely she left him and was estranged because he was a lunatic. Stalker material to the max.
So that when she declared himself single it enraged him and he killed her.
Facebook had nothing to do with it, he was just looking for an excuse.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

facebook does get you in trouble, had all my ex gf's saw each other etc

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

Another example of domestic violence dumbed down. We shall never really know the sequence of events that led to this womans murder, but it is unlikely the whole thing was about her marital status on facebook.

What dose seem evident is either through her own inaction or that of the police, his constant harrassment of her was not taken seriously.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

Originally posted by Impreza

And you too, do you think that she deserved to be killd even if there was "Something else" going on?

(Ill mannered comment removed). The news covering this case needs to look more into what caused this to happen instead of this half-ass explanation that the woman changed her relationship status and did not answer messages from the husband.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 1-23-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I think they were implying that the facebook thing was just this

[edit on 23-1-2009 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Impreza:

Please do not call me an imebcile. I have flagged your post.

I say once again, does it really matter what else happened?

I have seen a growing, and disturbing, trend to say "X woman deserved to be beaten/raped within marraige/murdered because she was unkind to her man."

I hate that line of thinking, because no matter how rude she might have been, she did not possess that man and force him to harm her. He made the choice to do that, and to stick with her if she actually was abusive.

Such thinking only gives men like this justification for their actions.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
really now what is it with you lot and Facebook..... ???? yeah its good fun to check out old mates and stay in contact etc but i really do not understand people that have to check there account every 5-10mins and see if somone has left a comment or something

Seriously get out more and meet real people

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gopher mines "Man Kills Wife for Changing Facebook Status to 'Single'" is a little misleading. I'm sure he had plenty of good reason to murder his wife, perhaps you should change the title to say: "Man Kills Wife After Changing Her Facebook Status to 'Single'"

Would you like to elaborate what you think a good reason to murder her would have been?

It was an attempt at humor, I seriously don't think anyone deserves to be murdered for any reason. What I was implying was that the man was justified in his own mind, and the facebook thing was the straw that broke the camel's back.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by gopher mines]

top topics

join