It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Bang Theory fans???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just curious how many of us there are out there....

Personally, I love this show, and it has some of the most uniquely new characters on tv...

Being the nerds we are, my wife and I will often try to "outgeek" each other during the show...(often pausing it to discuss some topic that comes up). I'm typically the bigger geek, due to my amateur interest in physics, hehe....

Sometimes the mirror is scary...but often, it's just funny....

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I love that show. I think it's my favorite show on TV at this time. I love the characters and I think the writing is great. This is probably because I'm a huge nerd, and a good portion of my friends are nerds, so I can actually say that I know people JUST like the characters.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
it's one of my favorite shows on TV. My girlfriends cracks up when I know all the Video game and star trek references

The writing is superb and the characters crack me up, especially Sheldon

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Monday nights are the best.

Starting with The Big Bang Theory.

Love how they got Leonard and Lesile who were bf and gf
on the Rosanne Show.

Howard has to be my favorite cast member. Just looking at
him you have to crack up. His beatle like hair cut, to his ways
with the ladies.

Love that new character with the speech problem.

This show just gets better each week.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I like this show, too. It is one of the few sitcoms on anymore that is genuinely funny.

The characters are great in my opinion. I DVR every episode (I hate commercials, LOL).

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It is the only funny show on CBS on Monday night. "Two and a Half Men" tries to hard and always ends up with gutter humor, and the other shows in between are not funny at all.

I think one reason it is so funny is the characters aren't one dimensional. Sheldon is my favorite, and I was upset the actor did not get an Emmy nomination.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
BBT is currently my favorite show.

I always though that Pee Wee Herman should have been Sheldon's father.

The xmas gift that Penny gave Sheldon was the greatest.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I confess, I'm a fan.

I'm impressed with the fact that they bother to make the science, while fringe sometimes, accurate to a great degree. There must be some "geeky" writers.

And it is about the only sitcom worth the time. (Though I'll admit I don't give a new show much of a chance, if it doesn't grab me in the first episode, I seldom bother with it again.)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

There must be some "geeky" writers.

Have you ever freeze-framed the quick message from the show creator after each episode...??? Then you'll know of course, that only true geeks could write this stuff...hehe....

Sheldons Dad = Pee Wee....that is SO perfect!!! (but make Pee Wee a serious scientist...)

Sheldon and his lack of understanding other humans is definitely one of the cornerstones of the show's success....

Of course, at least I can watch and know that while I'm pretty nerdy, I don't think I'll ever be playing Klingon Boggle.....

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Paul Reubens is actually a very good actor and could pull it off. He did play the Penquin's father in "Batman Returns", and was hardly recognizable.

His appearance in the TV series "Reno: 911" is one of the funniest that show has ever had, and he also has done a "Pushing Daisies" episode. He would be perfect for BBT.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Paul Reubens is actually a very good actor and could pull it off. He did play the Penquin's father in "Batman Returns", and was hardly recognizable

Oh I agree, I've seen him go out of the mold plenty of times there...and I'm still ticked about the cancellation of Pushing Daisies....
Such a fresh, original show, but alas, a bit too cerebral for the masses I suppose...(and I loved the almost Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - like narration...)

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I was bummed that it a repeat last night

I will be buying the DVD when it's released.
With all the crap on TV these days it's nice to have a show like this that you can sit back and just laugh at.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Love that new character with the speech problem.

Kwipkee (pronunciation, anyhow)...

Last night's was hysterical...not sure if it was a rerun or not...definitely gotta get the DVDs of this show...

Sheldon hits it off with Leonard's mom (who's a lot like Sheldon)...

The scene at the lunch table alone is priceless

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
awesome show i love all the epps. its funny cos i have to explain the references the show makes to the mrs as she isnt a nerd.

there are times i just pause the show and LOL.

some of the best writing on tv

goes to show the ners really are taking over

yay us

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Leonards mom was great! They should bring her on again.

Wondering what a Sheldon mom is like?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Christine Baranski needs her own TV show, and fast. She has done a few before, but she is too good to not have one. Instead of giving another show to an awful stand up comic, give her a show where she can shine.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I don't know though...she's always been good at that quick quip type character (basically, Leonard's mother's character had a lot of her character in Sybil)... Not sure that'd be a good lead in a show, but definitely as part of an ensemble' or as a supporting role. (my opinion of course)...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by driveshaft08
reply to post by Gazrok

Leonards mom was great! They should bring her on again.

Wondering what a Sheldon mom is like?

Yeah last episode was great lol.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I definitely would agree with you on that one. She needs to be in an ensemble show to with her talents. She could still be the lead, but there would be others so they could utilize her skills better.

She could even play the Patsy character in the upcoming US version of AbFab. She was the only one I could think of who could do Patsy the justice that character needs. (Unfortunately, the casting morons have picked someone else, ensuring the trashing and failure of a great series.)

new topics

top topics

join