It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army vs. U.S. Marine Corps

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: milomilo

WHAT A CLOWN WE HAVE here,ever heard of Ia Drang? "WE were Soldiers
DESERT STORM 1ST CAV (Me) PLOWED through Russian trained forces supposedly the 4th largest army in the world but then again it IS a PERSIAN group.
I once tracked some noisy marines in Korea LOUSY trail discipline stupid clustering and they TALKED on a mission,THAT is a scout sin that will get one CAUGHT which simply isn't done
Again, show me, let's see ANY other force win BEST RANGER. SEALs haven't done it yet much less Marines.

for a guy who use cav as forum name, you sure dont know much about cav history in korea. UNSAN , that ring a bell to you ? no ? how about 8th cav in unsan ? no ? how about slaughter of 8th CAV in Unsan by PVA ? total massacre just lke the custer debacle..

you should learn more history, in vietnam the overrated Cav was slaughtered by nva everytime they dared to show up.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

When are you going to post your bonafites! You seem to be well versed in the failures of US military...is this your main study between restocking the cold drinks at your convenient store. You haven't shown any background to have a critical opinion of military operations. You have no military education or experience just a psychotic anti-american attitude. I think you are just a troll who gets off on f'king with American veterans. I'm encouraging all military folks on ATS to avoid responding to your posts. You are personna non trollus!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I have a little bit of insight into the topic. I was in the Marines active duty from 2002 to 2006. My Brother was in the Army Active duty around the same time.

He was 82nd Airborn, and I was Supply Admin.

We had conversations about our training. I had MUCH more training in different weapon systems, squad tactics, inserts (hovercraft, helicopter), CQ, Urban Warfare, Martial arts, etc... etc.. I always thought it was funny because his main job was combat, and my main job was ordering and tracking shipments of satellites, trucks, and pencils.

The only thing he did that I didn't was parachuting.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

But its fun...HES an idiot.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
nice to see americans always use excessive insult and expletives when they are at loss of words and losing the arguments. maybe it is a symptom of immaturity and laziness but well it is expected for inhabitant of such nation.

US marines, the last time they faced a combat experienced opponent , got slaughtered and they retreated without taking their dead and even forgot to pickup their machinegunner team covering their escape. Remember Koh Tang debacle ?

i know it must be painful for americans to read these truth about the real shoddy performance of their soldiers.. they prefer to hear how american rolled over their opponents in panama, in grenada, in somalia.. wait , somalia was a humiliating defeat for americans..

the real issue here is the lack of mentality for most american to see the truth, that their military superiority was just a myth, a facade , a lie.. when facing enemies that fought back, the US military lost the will to fight..

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I have never heard such psychotic crap focused toward American vets before. He's almost rabid.

My second trip to Vietnam was driving helicopters...biggest pilot, smallest helicopter (OH 6). It was an early version of the SOAR little bird but much less armed.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: WhatAreThey

No one can do anything without supply

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: milomilo
nice to see americans always use excessive insult and expletives when they are at loss of words and losing the arguments. maybe it is a symptom of immaturity and laziness but well it is expected for inhabitant of such nation.

US marines, the last time they faced a combat experienced opponent , got slaughtered and they retreated without taking their dead and even forgot to pickup their machinegunner team covering their escape. Remember Koh Tang debacle ?

i know it must be painful for americans to read these truth about the real shoddy performance of their soldiers.. they prefer to hear how american rolled over their opponents in panama, in grenada, in somalia.. wait , somalia was a humiliating defeat for americans..

the real issue here is the lack of mentality for most american to see the truth, that their military superiority was just a myth, a facade , a lie.. when facing enemies that fought back, the US military lost the will to fight..

The best part about you is that you not only are you clueless but, your clueless in the most of the wall way. First you seem to like to pick and choose small random events in history and declare them to be representative, while ignoring the vast majority of the evidence. Now I do not for second thing you believe anything your saying. Your just trying to get a rise out of people.

With you logic every military on Earth has no will ro fight. Take Russian debacles in every conflcit in the last 30 years. With your logic Russia is lucky Finland has not invaded and taken over because we can point out a laundry list of comunications failures, desertions, equipment failures, and units that exist only on paper. So using your logic Russia is one of the weakest states on earth.

And how about China? Since the invasion of Tibet China has had many military clashes in Korea, the Soviet border, the Indian Border, Vietnam, Taiwan etc. And none of them went very well. So using your logic China is also so weak nobody has anything to worry about.

Or so you only use your special type of logic on the US and everybody else gets a pass. Not that it really matters. Since the opinion of one guy on the internet hardly trumps the military leadership of every nation on earth that would tell the last nation they would ever want to have to fight is the US.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

LADY BIRD Johnson screwed us over when they made to Army go to the Jet Ranger.I LOVE the loach.
We had a Hugh's DEFENDER LAND ABOUT 50 meters from us in Korea on a windy day AND I COULD BARELY HEAR IT.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Honestly, there's no comparison. The Marines are the tip of the spear. We are sent in first to wreak havoc and destroy every living soul that opposes us. Then the Army comes in to occupy the area and lock it down. The Navy taxis in the Marines and provides support. The Air Force wants to play to, so they make pretend they're part of it by hanging out on the flight line. Honestly, the Air Force could be phased out entirely. The Navy can pick up the slack easily. I think the Army has air capabilities as well, right? Last and least, the Coast Guard is playing in a puddle somewhere.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The defender(OH6D) is twice the bird compared to the loach (OH6A), they only good alike. The Defender has a 5 bladed rotor system and 450 HP where the loach had 317 derated to 252. This made flying in hot weather a real challenge. I made more running take offs while in Vietnam than all of my whole time flying helicopters. It's like I said, biggest pilot smallest helicopter and after snaking my 6'2" 190 pound bod through the door it fit like a glove. If I could afford it, I would buy one as a toy.

I've flown a civilian Jet Ranger but never the H58...I don't know if there's any difference. I know the H58A is nothing like the later H58D with different rotor systems and engines. From what I can remember the Ranger was fairly straight forward to fly but seemed to be a little flimsey not like the UH1 at all.

The helicopter that I always wanted to fly was the Chinook. I use to watch them maneuver around our FOB and was impressed this large animal was so nimble. I just couldn't get a shot at the controls.
edit on 19-7-2014 by buddah6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Echo3Foxtrot

My son who served in the 101 abn in Afghanistan sure did like the USAF A10s when the they were in the field.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Bet you're glad you didn't have to screw around with those Apache monocle systems, I have 22 seconds stick time on an OH58 in Korea trying to keep it level...not so good but the pilot sure was great for letting me try.
He was recovering me from Chejudo where we repelled off of HIGH cliffs I refuse Aussie style ,however it took me an hour to dig my BDUS out of my ass just from fear on that.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I have a friend that is an engineer at the company that makes the TADS system and I wore an AH64 helment once...man! that damn thing is heavy.

In Vietnam we had high tech stuff...lol. A map, a grease pencil, a set of binos and a good observer.

I think all the newer helos are cool like the H60s. I never thought the army would have bought a twin engine helo like that but what do I know.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
As for the Marine and the Army they have two differemt over all missions. Marines are designed for just the type of fighting we have been doing. Brush fire wars as they have been call. The Army can play a role in this but, it is designed for a much larger full scale conventional conflict. For example you would not want Marine units trying to stop a large scale Russian or Chinese Armored attack. The same can be said for Airforce and the Navy. While they can operate in smaller scale conflcits they are mostly designed for a large scale conflict. The problem today is the US does not have many enemies capable fighting a large scale confict meaning Army heavy units along with the Navy and the Airforce try and fill roles on small scale conflicts where they have to par down their firepower. You see the same sort of thing with the French Foriegn Legion who excels at brush fire wars in Africa and the mid east but would play little role in say a Russian invasion of NATO.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

AGREED!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yup.

Marines are best utilized for taking ground, because that plays to their strength.
Army always comes in after to clean up and hold that ground.
Each branch of the Armed Forces is equally best at what they do, hence the specialized capabilities.
Of course cross training occurs, and is encouraged.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I was all butt hurt they blew off that Comanche program it sure LOOKED like a great weapon.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I was all butt hurt they blew off that Comanche program it sure LOOKED like a great weapon.

it should be cancelled as it is useless and not even stealthy as it was promoted to be. JSF should also be terminated as it is a flying white elephant that no one wants because it become to expensive..

the last thing the dead US economy needs is another useless weapon systems.. JSF smells like the old DIVAD program already

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: sweatmonicaIdo

One cannot exist without the other. One cannot achieve its objectives without the other.

There will be no Marines vs Grunt combat, ever. As someone whos family history lies within the bounds of the Army, i have nothing but respect for all other branches/troops. We are a team, a family, a nation, and cannot function without one another.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join