It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army vs. U.S. Marine Corps

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: milomilo

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: milomilo

Funny ,I show US losses at 60,000 and Viet Nam at 1.1 million
I'd give you a number in Iraq but they stopped counting after twice that amount.

1.1 million vietnamese casualties ? nice , how can a defeated military counted the enemy body count where it had to flee vietnam in shame ? sorry , trying to bolster your delusion with fake body count and estimated body count is sad and you are blinding yourself with your arrogance and lack of humility in accepting these historical facts..

i guess it is impossible for the deluded americans to acccept the reality that their military is not as superior as they think it is, and as it is proven again and again and again in every major conflict in the world..

You know what really makes you look foolish? What country do you think the population of Vietnam has a 76% percent positive view and considers its most reliable ally LINK? Yep, The United States. Despite the fact that Vietnam is one of Russia largest arms buyer they have no faith in Russias ability to defend them from China so they pin thier hopes on the one nation they know first hand can win. I wonder how it feels to be so completely discredited on a regular basis.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

We objected to the guest list emphatically..THATS what happens when assassins hide behind innocent people now.
SORRY we tried the nice approach we regret our passed manipulations but keep allowing militants to exist and here we are.
UPSET about the wedding family...I doubt death even phases you anymore it IS a tool aginst the HUMANIST west and YOUR KIND just LAUGH and LAUGH as they further the BLOODY paws if Islam,impotently bitching all the way at how horrible we are,and TERRIFIED that we will decisively attack.
Well congratulations, WE don't want to ,YOU would think fear . WE find such violence hard on me and mine but WE REALLY like KILLING any JIHADIST scum we find ( FAR more than Commies) and will continue too do so as we please.

THE PICTURE OF THAT MAN HOLDING A HEADLESS TODDLER WITH CALM EYES HAS EARNED YOU THIS.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Both Army Infantry and Marine Corps infantry are both badass.
But somehow civilians seem to think Marines are the best on the planet... Oh right, propaganda! Works well on teenagers who have no idea what to do straight out of highschool. Did everyone forget about special forces? Mind you i'm not degrading the Marine Corps one bit...Because i will be enlisting In either the Corps or Army after college (Infantry). People just have no idea what they're talking about sometimes... They just say what they see on TV

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RexPlex

Rex please know.
REWARDS are a PRECIOUS few in COMBAT ARMS. DEATH is close and if you make it..well you've noticed my fan here, they are in FASHION now and intend to make it hard on you so you won't BE a warrior. But We brothers would be proud if you would honor us by success or even just being a professional.
Doing it right ALL THE TIME is beyond hard but it sure feels good when all of your team comes home in one piece.
Unfortunately you WILL NOT be intact,prepare for the horror as you may but it is true. ASK us for help afterward when you need to. Don't give the fifth who laugh another body.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

Was that a jab at my jab at the USAF? Very well, I'll give it to them that they've been great air support. But realistically they could be phased out. Army, Navy, and Marine Corps have air wings. Collectively, they can pick up the job of the USAF and it'll free up a TON of budgetary monies.

I say this as a Marine Corps and Air Force vet.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RexPlex

Before you even go to OCS, remember one thing, kid. Your career is built on the backs of those enlisted men. YOU respect them while THEY respect your rank UNTIL you prove yourself capable of their respect. Not trying to be a dick, just giving you a little advice from experience.

What's the difference between a PFC and a 2nd LT? While they're both boots, a PFC has been promoted.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Echo3Foxtrot

I agree that the Air Force is the most overpaid. Their duties could be absorbed in the other branches and free up A LOT of money. The Army Air Corps sounds better.

The Marines probably are the most under paid, especially for the service they provide. From what I've seen, they are hands down the most efficient leg of the military.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo3Foxtrot

Was that a jab at my jab at the USAF? Very well, I'll give it to them that they've been great air support. But realistically they could be phased out. Army, Navy, and Marine Corps have air wings. Collectively, they can pick up the job of the USAF and it'll free up a TON of budgetary monies.

I don't take jabs at a fellow service! My statement was praise coming from my son for the A10 nothing more! I have been around long enough to realize how important we are to each other. Money is tight and decisions need to be made and I am soooo glad that I don't have to make them. I have been retired for 23 years so what do I know.

I will venture one jab but it's toward the Penagon (penus-gone)...if money needs to be saved, stop changing the f'king uniforms. By my count since my youngest son joined and ETS'd it's at least 5 new dress and service uniform changes. I know that ain't cheap!

Believe me that I'm aware on all the warts and plemishes of military aviation. I've spent 17 of my 24 years of service dealing with army aviators and must say it was like herding cats but they were all great Americans. Most of my experience was in ISR aircraft so I didn't get to experience much of the bombs and rockets stuff. We just took pictures so to speak.
edit on 22-7-2014 by buddah6 because: lobotomy through superior pain meds.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

WHAT A CLOWN WE HAVE here,ever heard of Ia Drang? "WE were Soldiers
DESERT STORM 1ST CAV (Me) PLOWED through Russian trained forces supposedly the 4th largest army in the world but then

And the 2/7th were massacred at LZ Albany.

I read the book not the silly Mel Gibbson crap. Don't get me wrong they fought like the devil they certainly were no cowards. But the officers at LZ Albany basically got the battalion destroyed.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

The airforce has switched most of its roles to space and technology. They still do long range missions and land based aircraft.

The Army's air wing is helicopters mostly but very few if any fixed wing aircraft. The Navy and Marines operate off carriers. The Airforce still operates our most advanced aircraft. B-2, B-1, F-22, F-15, F-16, not to mention all the cargo ops in aircraft like the C-17

I wouldnt even begin to phase them out, they play a massive role in our military.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: asims33

The airforce has switched most of its roles to space and technology. They still do long range missions and land based aircraft.

The Army's air wing is helicopters mostly but very few if any fixed wing aircraft. The Navy and Marines operate off carriers. The Airforce still operates our most advanced aircraft. B-2, B-1, F-22, F-15, F-16, not to mention all the cargo ops in aircraft like the C-17

I wouldnt even begin to phase them out, they play a massive role in our military.

I flew helos early on (Vietnam) but most of my time was in fixed wing. My unit had OV-1's and RC 12's both fixed wing.

I was medically retired due to a training accident shortly after I was moved from battalion commander to XO of the brigade.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

So what would be YOUR opinion of deploying the A-10 from the army?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

So what would be YOUR opinion of deploying the A-10 from the army?

The AF tried to give it to the army in the early 1980's but was nixed at the Pentagon. I think it was a budget problem and that was the last that I heard of the transfer. The army had new helos coming on-line then (UH60 and the AH64 ) and money was tight.

As far as having the A 10 in the army today, I know a bunch of army guys who would give their left nut to be a hog driver. From a command perspective, it would be a hard change because the army isn't set up to train fast mover pilots. You would have to send the few perspective A 10 drivers to the USAF for training to fly jets. I think that would be expensive and the AF would need to maintain some level of training support to the army as well.

Emotionally, to be able to support the "Gruntus Americanus" with that 30mm gun would be great. My son loves that bird after his trip to Afghanistan since it pulled his bacon out of the fire many times. Practically, it would be very hard at this point to bring it over due to cost and training.
edit on 22-7-2014 by buddah6 because: lobotomy through superior pain meds.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Now I dont want top upset any army folks.

But I have meet 2 marines and 3 US army guys.

Now the army guys let be honest were as thick as crap, I mean really really dumb. 2 were 101st and no idea what the other was. But really nice sweet guys though, just not all that there.

Of course that was only 3 guys.

The 2 US marines? Different kettle of of fish, very very very Sharpe and very intense. They were bright and they seemed aggressive.

I know who I would want in combat next to me! And it was not the US army.

Heard the same thing said of a ex British officer I worked with once.

As a disclaimer though I do realise what I meet was on 3 US army guys so im sure the US army has its bright and well trained guys in it too.
edit on 22-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

HEY I'M NOT ALL THERE EITHER! crap...wait.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Now I dont want top upset any army folks.

But I have meet 2 marines and 3 US army guys.

Now the army guys let be honest were as thick as crap, I mean really really dumb. 2 were 101st and no idea what the other was. But really nice sweet guys though, just not all that there.

Of course that was only 3 guys.

The 2 US marines? Different kettle of of fish, very very very Sharpe and very intense. They were bright and they seemed aggressive.

I know who I would want in combat next to me! And it was not the US army.

Heard the same thing said of a ex British officer I worked with once.

As a disclaimer though I do realise what I meet was on 3 US army guys so im sure the US army has its bright and well trained guys in it too.

Well, I have visited the 101st at Ft.Campbell many times and I didn't see any soldier out of standards there. If you came to my old unit that's a different story! We had soldiers of all shapes and sizes but as a part of their jobs could tell you what time you awoke this morning and how many cups of tea you had today. They could tell you what type of car that you drive and the number of phone calls you made to your girlfriend with your mobile phone number from 100 miles away. And for good measure, they could jam all of your electronic devices in your possession. You don't have to look like Marines or just off the front of GQ magazine to be effective. It all about walking softly and carrying a very big stick. Marines are good at what they do and so is the army.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I was Army EOD back in the late 80's early 90's. EOD school at the time (and may still be) a joint service school run by the Navy. My class started out with 15 students. 5 Marines, 3 Airforce, 2 Navy and 5 Army. My class graduated with 3 students. 2 Army and 1 Marine. In defense of the Navy, their students went off to another school for underwater ordnance, so they may have graduated as well but I was long gone at the time.

All I am trying to say is that the which service is better than which service is a moot point. It all boils down to individuals. In my case, the Air Force students were fresh out of high school, unmotivated and undisciplined. That is why those individuals failed. It had nothing to do with being in the Air Force. The 4 Marines that failed was mostly due to the fact that all of them were transferring into EOD just for the opportunity to get promoted, instead of a desire to do the job. They all were up against their time in rank limits and there were no openings for promotion in their current fields. It's a shame as they were all excellent people and Marines.

If you have a group of disciplined and motivated troops, you will have an excellent "kick ass" unit, no matter what branch of service you are in.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I don't believe pilots need to go through any service academy to fly,they train Apache and THAT is much harder than flying a jet in the CAS mode,we would take over a base as depot and distribute to required units and NTC would have to use unarmed varients or vismod aircraft.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I don't believe pilots need to go through any service academy to fly,they train Apache and THAT is much harder than flying a jet in the CAS mode,we would take over a base as depot and distribute to required units and NTC would have to use unarmed varients or vismod aircraft.

I wasn't talking about attending another service academy but the AF flight school. There is a big difference between an Apache doing CAS at 180kt at 3 Gs and an A10 at 350 kt pulling 5 Gs. Low level maneuvering is very different in a fixed wing than in a helo. Helos can autorotate even to a hard landing but a fixed wing just makes a big smoking hole. If you can get the wings level you might be able to eject but that's not always successful. I'm not saying that a helo is easier just very different.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join