It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army vs. U.S. Marine Corps

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

Thanks but WE got this if we need a 3rd world GURU we'll call.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
Yup.

Marines are best utilized for taking ground, because that plays to their strength.
Army always comes in after to clean up and hold that ground.
Each branch of the Armed Forces is equally best at what they do, hence the specialized capabilities.
Of course cross training occurs, and is encouraged.

Based on vietnam war histories, the marines while brave , tended to received high number of casualties because of their 'gung ho spirits' that played well to the NVA especially in the dreaded DMZ battles.. Marines are superb in defense but their offense tactical capabilities are lacking especially in the DMZ area.

The Famouse Battle of Hue was in actuality not a US MARINE show as it usually potrayed by the media and the marine propagandist.. The Marines should thank the US Army for dropping some Cavalry troops in the middle of NVA's supply route thus interdict the enemy supply traffic to Hue. The south vietnamese troops in hue's citadel also fought bravely and stopped the NVA from overruning ARVN compound inside the citadel..

Here's some example of marine performance in vietnam , which is pretty staggering considering they are supposed to me american best military formation..

www.g2mil.com...
Operation Utah - On Mar 4, 1966, the 2nd battalion of the 7th Marines helicoptered into an area near Quang Ngai to investigate reports of an NVA regiment in the area. They found it dug into fortifications around Hill 50. Their attacked failed and the Marines fell back, but were surprised when the NVA counterattacked. The battalion was in trouble and more Marine units where flown in to join the battle. The enemy withdrew, but only after the Marines lost 98 dead, 278 wounded, with several aircraft destroyed.

Operation Hickory - In May 1967, U.S. Marines were ordered to cross into the DMZ and destroy the NVA. Several days of frontal assaults killed lots of NVA lodged in fortifications, but also killed 142 Marines and wounded 896 until the marines withdrew after ten days of pointless attacks.

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS – Please Review This Link.
edit on Sun Jul 20 2014 by Jbird because: trimmed quote added ex tags

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Source please?

AND tell me about LINEBACKER 1 and 2
edit on 19-7-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

(post by milomilo removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Funny ,I show US losses at 60,000 and Viet Nam at 1.1 million
I'd give you a number in Iraq but they stopped counting after twice that amount.
edit on 19-7-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point.

(post by milomilo removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Funny ,I show US losses at 60,000 and Viet Nam at 1.1 million
I'd give you a number in Iraq but they stopped counting after twice that amount.

1.1 million vietnamese casualties ? nice , how can a defeated military counted the enemy body count where it had to flee vietnam in shame ? sorry , trying to bolster your delusion with fake body count and estimated body count is sad and you are blinding yourself with your arrogance and lack of humility in accepting these historical facts..

i guess it is impossible for the deluded americans to acccept the reality that their military is not as superior as they think it is, and as it is proven again and again and again in every major conflict in the world..

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Here's a nice word for you american who never Learned their LESSON OF THE DAY...

Air Force historian Earl Tilford noted: "Years of dropping bombs on undefended jungle and the routines of planning for nuclear war had fostered a mind-set within the SAC command that nearly led to disaster."

Day Three of Operation Linebacker II - Of the 99 huge B-52 bombers in this Dec. 20, 1972 bombing raid on targets around Hanoi, eight were lost to enemy fire, resulting in 36 airmen killed or captured. The Strategic Air Command (SAC) blamed the tactics utilized (flight paths, altitudes, formations, timing, etc.), which had not varied from raids the two previous days.

So, what you saying about LINEBACKER ? massive american losses bombing vietnam's CIVILIAN INFRASTRUCTURE ? what with this americans who think they can kill civilians with impunity by bombing everything they want ? it is a WARCRIME and should be prosecuted.. Sorry, just because you are american dont make you an exception to the rule. Any attack to civilian is a warcrime.. which is still happening today in US occupied countries.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

BEATS listening TO G2 and CARLETON MEYER.

HERE is what HANOI says:
www.vietquoc.com...
but it was not that high.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: milomilo
Here's a nice word for you american who never Learned their LESSON OF THE DAY...

Air Force historian Earl Tilford noted: "Years of dropping bombs on undefended jungle and the routines of planning for nuclear war had fostered a mind-set within the SAC command that nearly led to disaster."

Day Three of Operation Linebacker II - Of the 99 huge B-52 bombers in this Dec. 20, 1972 bombing raid on targets around Hanoi, eight were lost to enemy fire, resulting in 36 airmen killed or captured. The Strategic Air Command (SAC) blamed the tactics utilized (flight paths, altitudes, formations, timing, etc.), which had not varied from raids the two previous days.

So, what you saying about LINEBACKER ? massive american losses bombing vietnam's CIVILIAN INFRASTRUCTURE ? what with this americans who think they can kill civilians with impunity by bombing everything they want ? it is a WARCRIME and should be prosecuted.. Sorry, just because you are american dont make you an exception to the rule. Any attack to civilian is a warcrime.. which is still happening today in US occupied countries.

You have shown your complete lack of understanding of history and war all around these forums. I wish you would go outside or something. You give me a headache. It was the USA who came up with smart bombs to reduce civilian casualties.

A warcrime huh? How about the Ukraine Rebels using a BUK system supplied by Russia to take out an airliner? Does that count as a warcrime? How about the soviets in 1978 and 1983 shooting down 2 different airliners? What about the civilian casualties in the Soviet-Afghan war? Please, go outside kid.
edit on 19-7-2014 by asims33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The Comanche was cool but it stretched the envelope to much for its time. It had a fenestron,fly-by-wire and stealth features. By the time the army had all of it's toys on it it was too heavy. They removed the chain gun to save weight but it was too heavy to maneuver for missile snap shots. Sikorsky used much of the technology gained on the D model Apache.

One feature on the Comanche was all flight controls were through the cyclic. The collective function was by lifting up the cyclic and the pedals function was by twisting the cyclic left and right. It was located on the pilots right hand like the F 16's side arm controller.

I think that two were built with one at the Army Aviation Museum for about ten years now. I'm not sure when the LHX program was cancelled...1995 I think.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

Wait til they roll out the LASER weapons...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: asims33

You have shown your complete lack of understanding of history and war all around these forums. I wish you would go outside or something. You give me a headache. It was the USA who came up with smart bombs to reduce civilian casualties.

A warcrime huh? How about the Ukraine Rebels using a BUK system supplied by Russia to take out an airliner? Does that count as a warcrime? How about the soviets in 1978 and 1983 shooting down 2 different airliners? What about the civilian casualties in the Soviet-Afghan war? Please, go outside kid.

BUK ? the ones that Ukrainian army operates all around the border ? nice try blaming the rebels on this false flag when all evidence showed that the flight was intentionaly diverted to the warzone by ukraine ATC then shot down by ukraine air defense and used as propaganda to smear rebels and russians..

sad to see americans who dont know anything suddenly believed everything their goverment told them.. are there any real american who still use their brain instead of blindly following their goverment's lies and propaganda ?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: asims33

BUK ? the ones that Ukrainian army operates all around the border ? nice try blaming the rebels on this false flag when all evidence showed that the flight was intentionaly diverted to the warzone by ukraine ATC then shot down by ukraine air defense and used as propaganda to smear rebels and russians..

sad to see americans who dont know anything suddenly believed everything their goverment told them.. are there any real american who still use their brain instead of blindly following their goverment's lies and propaganda ?

How do you explain the twitter post from a rebel saying they shot down a plane before deleting the post when they found out it was a civilian plane? Or how about the tapped phone lines of rebel commanders when they called Russian intelligence officers to tell them they shot down a civilian plane? Or how about the tapped phones of a different rebel talking to another commander about their new BUK system that was snuck across the boarder? OR how about the fact that the rebels wont let international investigators in to examine the crash?

How about you provide some sources to the Ukrainians diverting the aircraft? I am a pilot kid so listen closely... Even if the Ukrainians told the aircraft to fly there (which they didnt) the pilot can refuse to do so. I know this because i am a pilot and do this on a daily basis. This is no false flag, this is Rebels trying to shoot down a Ukrainian military aircraft and mistaking a civilian plane for a military one.
edit on 19-7-2014 by asims33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Beats YOUR favorites celebrating toddlers getting decapitated ,eating hearts etc

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Beats YOUR favorites celebrating toddlers getting decapitated ,eating hearts etc

maybe it is common in US military invasion , that horrible things that US soldiers did to civilians.. the term baby killer was refering to american atocrities in vietnam right? And now Wedding Crasher is refering to the crazed US military who bomberd wedding party in afghanistan.. Tell me , all the high tech stuff and you still think a wedding party is terrorist gathering ?

so sad to someone who claimed to be US sercicemen wallowing in pride over US atrocrities in combat zone..

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Cav, This MILOMILO guy is well indoctrinated on a small number US operations in the South East Asia area but he has missed the very successful small ops by special forces. He just wants to point out failures even though it just his hatred for us showing through.

He was so stupid when he said the Comanche needs to be cancelled like the JSF. He was too quick to DIS us. He doesn't know that it was a technology demonstrator over 20 years ago...what a dunce. He's now googling it to present himself as an expert on combat helicopter failures in the US. He will point out how his brave comrades shot down the US helicopter by the hundreds yet he can't even have a conversation about the new US attack helicopter prototypes. He's phishing for ammunition to degrade the US.
edit on 20-7-2014 by buddah6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
Cav, This MILOMILO guy is well indoctrinated on a small number US operations in the South East Asia area but he has missed the very successful small ops by special forces. He just wants to point out failures even though it just his hatred for us showing through.

He was so stupid when he said the Comanche needs to be cancelled like the JSF. He was too quick to DIS us. He doesn't know that it was a technology demonstrator over 20 years ago...what a dunce. He's now googling it to present himself as an expert on combat helicopter failures in the US. He will point out how his brave comrades shot down the US helicopter by the hundreds yet he can't even have a conversation about the new US attack helicopter prototypes. He's phishing for ammunition to degrade the US.

enlighten us with your knowledge about very successful small ops by special force.. please dont try to create fictional account or bollocks account like Bravo2zero killing 200 iraqis while escaping on foot..

as for RAH66, the army cancelled it not me .. because they understand it is a lemon and useless.. only a kid with infatuation for military hardware would rah rah this piece of flying lemon, like the JSF too..
edit on 20-7-2014 by milomilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6

enlighten us with your knowledge about very successful small ops by special force.. please dont try to create fictional account or bollocks account like Bravo2zero killing 200 iraqis while escaping on foot..

as for RAH66, the army cancelled it not me .. because they understand it is a lemon and useless.. only a kid with infatuation for military hardware would rah rah this piece of flying lemon, like the JSF too..

I'm going to keep hounding your ass until you answer my question. You said Russia was an example of a military that had experience and wouldnt fold to an enemy that "fired back" but the USA would. I then asked you what the last military war Russia won was you have continued to ignore the question. How about an answer?

Baby killer was a term that came about in Vietnam from the use of carpet bombing, napalm, and other mass destruction weapons. The idea that American troops went into villages and routinely killed children is ridiculous and only a person who hates America would try to twist that.

We all know that many of America's enemies love to bash America and say we arent as good as we are and your answer to us is always Russia yet you cant explain to me why you think Russia is superior. We come out with a revolutionary fighter jet and the first thing we hear is "Russia's XXX will be better" even though its not even out yet. Its the same # over and over, Russia is a 3rd rate copy cat at best and in every conflict that the USA came up against Russian tech the USA ran through it with ease.

You say Korea was an American Slaughter yet when i show that America lost 36,000 troops and compare that to China losing 600,000 troops you simply change the subject.

Then you call US brainwashed lol.
edit on 20-7-2014 by asims33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

edit on 20-7-2014 by buddah6 because: deleted out of respect to the ATS users

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join