It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to GOP: 'I won'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This is not about republican or democrat, Bush or Obama, liberal or conservative, this is about we the people.!!

Stop bickering with one another and look for solutions,

Is our will being honored by the government?

NO!

When 90% of the people believe in a Creator yet the minority's voice gets a moment of silence taken out of the public school system in Illinois,

It is not we the people,

When the majority apposed the bail out, yet it went through,

When the majority of the people are against abortion, yet it is allowed,

What power do we have?

When gas prices were high and we cut back, the gas prices fell, this is our voice and our power.

What would happen if we could get people to just stay home in protest, don't go to work, don't pay a bill, don't shop, keep the kids home from school, etc. etc.

Grind it to a halt.

OH well I can dream can't I?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What do you expect, he is just a politician. He is nothing more special than any other politician who in my mind can't be trusted. "Change" yeah right I say!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

True but we have to give everyone a least a small chance. I don't like the fact that a year before the election in dec of 07 i called obama winning. Unfortunately that was on the sole basis that George Soros was backing Obama. And he also back Gore. Remeber the illegal paid for votes.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I want a confident president that will take charge.
He didn't say anything that any leader wouldn't, shouldn't, or hasn't.
He is being assertive and should be with both parties and letting his assurance and confidence be known. He will listen and consider, but not be bullied.

When did that become a liability?

Nothing to see here unless he flipped the group the bird and said "Neener, neener, neener! I'm the boss, you stink!"

My opinion?

He is right, he did win.
Those angry about it are still childishly grasping at straws.

What's next?

"This just in!!! Obama says, "I'm the commander-in-chief."

The unmitigated gall.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

From what I gather he said it as joke to break the tension. The press must have bought that because they quit reporting it right after the story was corrected. I tend to believe it.

I have other issues against Obama for other threads, but this one seems to be non-starter to me. Just another case of a persons words being taken out of context and intent to make it fit the reporters biases.

The Pork the Dem's want is what you should be discussing. Pork when we have this many financial problems should be a hanging offense. A single dollar that will not benefit us should guarantee that all yea votes end their careers. It won't though as Partisanship will win out. The Pigs will feed at the trough even if it destroys us.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Actually Congress is the boss. With an override they can pass anything provided they have the votes. It has always been that way. Obama's power is in his "Bully Pulpit" to influence public opinion which influences the vote from Congress.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Exactly, I've been called Obamaphile, Obamabot, you name it, Just for expressing my opinion, I don't agree with everything he stands for, but seriosly if you defend President Obama or say something to disagree with the OP they just attack you with Obamaphile or Obamabot whatever. You could have said the same thing about the Bush followers too, but yet we don't sink down to that level, so they can have fun with the mudslinging.

And in all honestly, i'm starting ot dislike ATS very much, you have people that don't want to learn, that's apart of debating, learning. But ATS has been flooded with idiots over the past year since it has become mainstream. I want the old ATS back.

Civility And Decorum Are Required on AboveTopSecret.com

[edit on 24-1-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by lee anoma

Actually Congress is the boss. With an override they can pass anything provided they have the votes. It has always been that way. Obama's power is in his "Bully Pulpit" to influence public opinion which influences the vote from Congress.

Heh..,uh yeah I know this.
I think you misread my post.

I know what it means to override, I know what a veto is, and I know what the fight for seats is all about. I am aware of the role of congress and that of the President. Anyone alive in the last eight years that is over the age of 18 should be.

I've seen congress fight Bush, and visa versa.

I never said Obama was the boss of America, I said that he should be a confident assertive President, and that he shouldn't allow himself to be bullied.

I also said he never declared himself the "boss".
That would be a different story from him saying "I won".

- Lee

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211
[morI think he sounds like a whiny crybaby trying to remind everyone that "he's the boss". Typical Obama garbage.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join