It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to GOP: 'I won'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Politico has always been considered a legitimate news source.

You seem to be letting your passion for defending obama help you in making the same mistake as intrepid and others did earlier in the thread. Most of them were able understand their mistake and move on ...

[edit on 1/23/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Doesn't change the fact that they weren't there, they can't name their primary sources, they don't know the context, they don't know what was said exactly, they don't know what was said before, and, in general, they don't know anything besides that those words were supposedly said.

Wow, yeah, he's just like George Bush because of two words that were removed from context.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck

Doesn't change the fact that they weren't there,

Stop trying to deflect the thread by attempting to apply a new yardstick that only articles where the author was actually there can be posted. That's totally ridiculous, and I'm amazed you'd even try to float that one past anyone.

So, if obama comes across as arrogant in an article, you must fight to the death practically to try and convince people it didn't happen?

OK, in that case, drink more green beer.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

What the hell are you talking about?

Tell me the quote, in context, and we'll talk. It's not just that they weren't there, but they can't even say the quote in context.

It's useless if you don't know the context of the situation. How do you not get that?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

I'm going to interject myself into this little pow-wow you guys are having, but refer to the first page of this thread. Everything you need to know is right there.

You an question the source all you want but its spread all across the media now so your trying to argue a moot point.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck

What the hell are you talking about?

Your previous post.

Tell me the quote, in context, and we'll talk. It's not just that they weren't there, but they can't even say the quote in context.

With you, there is no "talking", only only attacking like a pit bull anyone or anything that shows obama in a bad light.

It's useless if you don't know the context of the situation. How do you not get that?

If you ever want a dialogue, start by admitting that obama can, does and has made mistakes. If you are pathologically unable to do that, then we all know exactly where you are coming from and no further discussion with you is necessary.

Mods - enough of this "shoot the messenger" deflection attempt.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Is there a direct quote? So far all I have seen is a summary and then the words, "I won".

No context, nothing. There is literally no possible way to have any idea what was meant from any of the information provided.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

What? You're upset because I won't accept words out of context? Two freaking words and you want me to hang him? You want me to say, "Wow, he's really like George Bush because he said 'I won'"?

You can't even give me the sentence that it was said in, let alone how he said it, or his tone of voice.

It could have been a joke, or it could have been in reference to something said to him earlier. It could have been after he quoted a republican, or it could have been anything else.

For you to sit here and act like you know exactly what he said and how he said it is more arrogant than anything Obama may have said.

*Edit to add:

And I would be the first to admit Obama makes mistakes, but that doesn't make him like George Bush either. And for you to ask me to admit Obama makes mistakes after denying Bush made them, "Time for the obamaphiles to start admitting that their guy obama is starting to be every bit of all the things they made up about Bush", is quite comical.

So, you want me to hang Obama. Fine. Do three things:

1) Show me the context of those words.

2) Show me how he is like Bush.

3) Show me how those words, in context, are as bad as torture, manipulation, domestic spying, suspension of habeas corpus, etc.

Do those things, and we'll have a deal.

[edit on 1/23/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I agree with Irish somewhat.

I can't really make a judgement when the words were taken out of context, Don't really see how anyone could either, unless they have a hidden agenda.

[edit on 1/23/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Oh come on, where is your sense of patriotism? Must we start BEFORE Obama even gets started?
Did you seriously want Bush [now in exile] for ever? This is the American way.
Now its YOUR turn to be unhappy.

Oh, give the man a chance and stop jumping at every little word or smirk by Obama as something evil. Your bloodpressure will thank you.

Oh go ahead, come back with a good line, but remember, WE must be patriotic and respectful of our new president who has NOT yet committed any crimes.

Irritating arent i.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

It's not just that. I mean, I can even concede that he said it, but it still doesn't justify calling him like George Bush.

It wasn't Bush being arrogant that sank his ship, it was being arrogant and stupid.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
is every single snippet a politician says now going to turn into an entire thread?

Yeah, lets micro-analyze every single detail.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Oh come on, where is your sense of patriotism? Must we start BEFORE Obama even gets started?
Did you seriously want Bush [now in exile] for ever? This is the American way.
Now its YOUR turn to be unhappy.

Oh, give the man a chance and stop jumping at every little word or smirk by Obama as something evil. Your bloodpressure will thank you.

Oh go ahead, come back with a good line, but remember, WE must be patriotic and respectful of our new president who has NOT yet committed any crimes.

Irritating arent i.

et tu DG?

I've already asked before in threads how many obamaphiles gave Bush any slack when he took office. So, for any of them to whine about any scrutiny of obama is the height of hypocrisy.

And patriotic? Well, I will give obama public kudos for wearing a flag pin on his lapel (after dissing it during the campaign in a pandering attempt to the far left).

And if anyone's beef is with comparing obama to Bush, check out the news and other threads. Obama is already killing civilians in pakistan with missile strikes. I called that a pretty strong comparison.
I know, I know, obama didn't actually press the button to shoot the missiles - but then neither did Bush.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
is every single snippet a politician says now going to turn into an entire thread?

Yeah, lets micro-analyze every single detail.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

This is hardly a new phenomenon.

Been happening since Bush was elected - at the very least. Or have we already forgotten all the "Bush is a nazi" threads we had to endure over the years.

Just did an ATS search for the words "Bush nazi" and gave up after getting to page 15 of the search results.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You trying to compare this to "Mission Accomplished"?

This is an entire thread about two words out of context. I'm sorry but this is truly one of the more pathetic hit pieces I have ever seen.

Not only can you not put them into context for me, but even if they were in context, it would still be weak. Who cares? He did win.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
My dear Centuriun,

I couldnt give our dear departed president Bush a welcome here on ATS as i only became a member in 2004?
By then there was plenty to say.
You're not playing fair.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I didnt care for it when it was done to Bush, I dont care for it being done to Obama.

I couldnt care less what they say. I care about results at the end of the day.

How would you feel if someone scrutinized every single word you utter throughout the day?

How would you feel if someone didnt give you an inch of leeway in anything?

You know what you would say about that person? You`d say he needs to see a psychiatrist.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
My dear Centuriun,

I couldnt give our dear departed president Bush a welcome here on ATS as i only became a member in 2004?
By then there was plenty to say.
You're not playing fair.

Playing fair.
Now there's an oxymoron relative to this discussion if I ever saw one. Upset, are we, that people aren't giving obama more of a "honeymoon' than Bush got? Obama gets no freebies, and is allowed no mistakes that go without comment. That's just the way it is and will be. Remember back, and I'm sure you can understand.

And BTW, no one stopped (the collective) you from saying all of it whatever it was - true or untrue, did they?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You can't compare 2004 to 2008. 2000 is a fair comparison to 2008, and people were pretty fair to Bush in 2000. They certainly did not get mad over two words that they couldn't put into context.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

How would you feel if someone scrutinized every single word you utter throughout the day?

How would you feel if someone didnt give you an inch of leeway in anything?

You know what you would say about that person? You`d say he needs to see a psychiatrist.

How would I feel? You mean, for example, how I've been treated by Irish Mick on this (and other threads) just because I'm not an obama supporter.

Yeah, I think I know something about that. BTW, you might have something there on people who do that needing a psychiatrist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join