It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to GOP: 'I won'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yes, but can Obama also spell "arrogance"? Was his talk of "working together" for the good of the country just another of his campaign lies?

article

During a morning meeting with congressional leaders from both parties, President Obama acknowledged the philosophical differences between his stimulus package and the Republican plan – but, sources familiar with the conversation said, Obama then noted: “I won.”

Time for the obamaphiles to start admitting that their guy obama is starting to be every bit of all the things they made up about Bush.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
And what did we make up about Bush exactly? As for this quote, as far as we know this could be a natural quote to mitigate perhaps unreasonable demands by Republicans seeking to restrict some of Obama's policies.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Yes, but can Obama also spell "arrogance"? Was his talk of "working together" for the good of the country just another of his campaign lies?

article

During a morning meeting with congressional leaders from both parties, President Obama acknowledged the philosophical differences between his stimulus package and the Republican plan – but, sources familiar with the conversation said, Obama then noted: “I won.”

Time for the obamaphiles to start admitting that their guy obama is starting to be every bit of all the things they made up about Bush.

Can you say, fraudulent reporting?

President Obama listened to Republican gripes about his stimulus package during a meeting with congressional leaders Friday morning - but he also left no doubt about who's in charge of these negotiations. "I won," Obama noted matter-of-factly, according to sources familiar with the conversation.

That is what your source said.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
He did win. Both houses belong to the dems. for better or worse it's theirs to do.

The GOP have two years until the midterms, they'd best get their house in order, or it's gonna be a long time before they're relevant again...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well while is no doubt that he did won the elections supposedly by the people votes, Republicans had 6 years of congress power with 8 years of Presidential powers, seems to me that whatever they did didn't help the nation at all.

So I don't blame the new president now for reminding them who is in power now.

He is right you know.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

What is your point? That another source reported it differently?

I simply cut and pasted from the Politico article.

Maybe your source is the wrong one ...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
So much for talk of any bi-partisanship.
Disappointing.

Second line:

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

What is your point? That another source reported it differently?

I simply cut and pasted from the Politico article.

Maybe your source is the wrong one ...

Dude, I'm using YOUR source. And you can see there is a distinct difference between the 2. What you posted isn't in the link you provided.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
0bama is acting like Bush, but what goes around comes around. For eight years the repubs acted like tyrants on the Hill, ruthlessly pushing through their boy king's destructive agenda while running roughshod over the Dems. Now the shoe is on the other foot and they're the ones being kneed in the groin. Hope it hurts like hell.

Besides, this is par for the course with 0bama. He will preach all that hopey-changey bipartisan crap, but in practice he's a bareknuckles Chicago pol with a mean streak a mile wide. I can't wait until he flips the bird to Putin at a conference, or brushes the soles of his shoes at some Middle Eastern leader. Then we'll really see some fireworks (especially if it's Putin, who's likely to lob a Cruise missile up BZero's a$$).

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
For all intents and purposes both the democrats and republicans are at fault for the mess we are in.

True, there is a dem majority in both the house and senate but that can come back to bite the dems on the butt.

The dems have no reason for not passing legislation that they want to pass in the house, the senate will be a little tricky to get it through but not that difficult.

The dems are notorious for supporting one thing then when it is inconvenient and unpopular for them to do so to point the finger of blame to the other side and say it's all their fault.

Obama is treading on thin ice. He might be in charge but the republicans can back out and not support any legislation and when the dems don't pass it because they want bi-partisan support for it, its going to make them look like a lame-duck that can't get anything accomplished and they don't even have confidence in their own legislation.

When in reality they just want bi-partisan support so they can point the finger again when things fail to work as planned.

Lug

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
From the link you provided yourself on the opening post, I read this as the first paragraph:

President Obama listened to Republican gripes about his stimulus package during a meeting with congressional leaders Friday morning - but he also left no doubt about who's in charge of these negotiations. "I won," Obama noted matter-of-factly, according to sources familiar with the conversation.

And yet, this is the text which you quoted:

www.politico.com...

Near the bottom of the article, it is written:

Rep. Eric Cantor of Virginia, the No. 2 House Republican, said Obama’s team was receptive to some Republican ideas about increasing benefits to small businesses. But, he said, “There are some philosophical questions that may not be able to be resolved.”

Looks like there might be some creative cutting and pasting getting done here or am I all wet on that?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lug

I did just cut and paste the story.

There is as 3rd possibility that happens quite often before you and intrepid try and play your gotcha game. Politico changed their text between the time I posted it and when you looked it.

From the article just a minute ago:

By JONATHAN MARTIN & CAROL E. LEE | 1/23/09 2:31 PM EST

From my post:

posted on 1/23/2009 @ 11:04 AM

Notice the time difference. No? Look harder next time before attempting to question what I posted.

[edit on 1/23/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

There is as 3rd possibility that happens quite often before you play your blame game. Politico could have changed their text between the time I posted it and when you looked it.

There's a 4th possibility. You C&P'd from Michelle Mankins site and linked to a more reputable one.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

And a 5th possibility. See my updated post above. You, in your apparent eagerness to call a member a liar, have overlooked the real reason.

Try re-reading your own signature line - the part about trying to teach someone who will not learn.

[edit on 1/23/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Try re-reading your own signature line - the part about trying to teach someone who will not learn.

Yeah, I know but I still try against all hope.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

There is as 3rd possibility that happens quite often before you play your blame game. Politico could have changed their text between the time I posted it and when you looked it.

There's a 4th possibility. You C&P'd from Michelle Mankins site and linked to a more reputable one.

Did it occur to you that if this text is out on Michelle Mankins site that it's out elsewhere and MAYBE, just MAYBE the text of the story did get changed between the time he posted?

Do a Google search on "acknowledged the philosophical differences between his stimulus package and the Republican plan" and look at how many hits you receive.

As a moderator, you might try thinking objectively before you cast stones. In fact, I would think it's required.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by sos37]

Lug

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

You said the story changed since:

Your OP was posted on 23-1-2009 @ 02:04 PM

That's 3 hours difference.

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of things. The only person talking about "philosophical differences" was Rep. Eric Cantor of Virginia.

That's what confuses me.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lug
reply to post by centurion1211

You said the story changed since:

Your OP was posted on 23-1-2009 @ 02:04 PM

That's 3 hours difference.

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of things. The only person talking about "philosophical differences" was Rep. Eric Cantor of Virginia.

That's what confuses me.

No. Check out:

www.nbcsandiego.com...

and the BEST evidence that Centurion IS telling the truth:

submitcomment.com...

Clearly, Intrepid owes Centurion a public apology as does anyone else who accused him of altering the story.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by sos37]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Which proves only that there is a different version on the Net. I already pointed that out. Are you getting any of those straws that you're grasping at?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlNextDoor
So much for talk of any bi-partisanship.
Disappointing.

Second line:

Yes it is, but not suprising.

Bipartisan action would indicate something that might be in the best interest of the citizens. That won't be part of this administration any more than the last one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join