It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Robert Ford pushes to outlaw profanity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This is, without doubt, one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Is it not blatantly obvious that it will simply breed a new generation of profanities? If you are suddenly not allowed to say x then people will begin to use y, thus giving it the same status as x in the common lexicon.

And, frankly, Americans should consider the sort of tyrants they have voted into their public offices, as this is the sort of thing Orwell was warning us about in 1984.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

This will never pass. Its a crazy idea. Ford just wants to grab some media attention.

On a side note:

The whole idea that some words are "bad" is just insane to me. They are words. Letters strung together nothing more nothing less. Who decides what words are swears? Sex is okay, banging is okay, but ------- is not? Crap is fine but ---- is wrong?

Its just plain stupid.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
If it did pass, it would be on of those stupid laws on the books. You know, all states have them, like you can not park your donkey in front of the bar. Oh and the poor guy with torettes syndrome, lol

[edit on 24-1-2009 by amatrine]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If this guy ever holds another public office, that should be a crime.

What a stupid waste of time.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Lovely,
Bleeping lovely.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
C'mon. With all the real problems going on, this guy focusing on something petty like this just shows he needs a pink slip.

Can't fix real problems, focus on some petty conservative "feel good" legislature. LOSER!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Tell this guy he can go "F" himself. LOL

Not a one liner.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
"TO AMEND THE CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, BY ADDING SECTION 16-15-370 SO AS TO MAKE IT UNLAWFUL TO COMMUNICATE PROFANITY IN A PUBLIC FORUM OR PLACE OF PUBLIC ACCOMMODATION; BY ADDING SECTION 16-15-430 SO AS TO CREATE THE OFFENSE OF DISSEMINATING PROFANITY TO A MINOR AND PROVIDE A PENALTY FOR THE OFFENSE"

This would force Hollywood to clean up their act - at huge expense.

A movie featuring swearing would surely be "communicating profanity in a public forum"? And what about movies made before the amendment? The movie companies would have to go through their vaults and censor everything.

Tarintino's works are going to become a blizzard of blips and beeps.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

Sen. Robert Ford pushes to outlaw profanity

www.counton2.com

State Senator Robert Ford is hoping to outlaw lewd language and is pushing for a bill that would prohibit profanity.

Under the pre-filed bill, profanity could land you in jail for up to 5 years and/or cost you up to $5,000 in fines.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Checks and balances checks and balances!

Judicial system will not accept this BLASPHEMY for it is against the first and most important amendment, basically this Dou**e bag needs to understand he's in America.

Also who says there is such thins as profanity, if you were to grow up learning to never say "Salad" as it's a "bad" word, then it would be felt as foul language.

It's all false reality at it's best.

-Psychonaughty

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I fully support this guy, I mean gosh darn diggity dangit, it makes total fracking sense to stop this gosh darn vularity. Praise Jesus!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
At least this kid has the right idea...

www.foxnews.com...://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,636 8,00.html

-edit- The link takes you to a list of videos... choose the "no cussing club" one.

You can make it a voluntary "club".. but don't try to ram a mundane bill down our throats Mr. Senator.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

W-O-W. Somebody is a momma's boy.

Whoever sent him the pizzas had the right idea about how this Robert Ford character should be dealt with.

Everyone send him a pizza. It's the mature thing to do. :-)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
With all the problems we have in our country at this time, this is what is important and requires legislation.

The voters who elected this man should be proud. What a shame....

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well I swear. I guess I'll have to start saying "frak" like on Battlestar Galactica.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join