It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Escaping Religious Images and Delusions

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

We all have our own individual and unique experience. Everyone will think they are right because of this. But I am talking about things that are beyond the unique experience. Things which can be understood but not seen. I understand the idea that everything was decided at the start and so on.

Then you have admitted that it is a possiblity.. Although saying "things which can be understood but not seen" sounds like delusional thinking....

Im glad that your eternaly magical soul butterfly allowed you to admit that, even if in passing. I hope it doesnt cost you your soul.. you know logical thinking and stuff...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Then you have admitted that it is a possiblity.. Although saying "things which can be understood but not seen" sounds like delusional thinking....

Im glad that your eternaly magical soul butterfly allowed you to admit that, even if in passing. I hope it doesnt cost you your soul.. you know logical thinking and stuff...

It's called critical thinking, not delusional thinking.

en.wikipedia.org...

Critical thinking consists of mental processes of discernment, analysis and evaluation. It includes possible processes of reflecting upon a tangible or intangible item in order to form a solid judgment that reconciles scientific evidence with common sense.

The ability to think critically, as conceived in this volume, involves three things:

1. An attitude of being disposed to consider in a thoughtful way the problems and subjects that come within the range of one's experiences,
2. Knowledge of the methods of logical inquiry and reasoning,
3. Some skill in applying those methods.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

(sarcasm)
O YES! Understanding things that cant be seen..... thats "critical thinking" alright!

Isnt it strange that every other religion uses this "critical thinking" you understand so well. You know believing unproveable things and all..... see here i was thinking that was IGNORANT FAITH. Glad thats cleared up.(/sarcasm)

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

(sarcasm)
O YES! Understanding things that cant be seen..... thats "critical thinking" alright!

Isnt it strange that every other religion uses this "critical thinking" you understand so well. You know believing unproveable things and all..... see here i was thinking that was IGNORANT FAITH. Glad thats cleared up.(/sarcasm)

Whats wrong? Can't handle someone who doesn't need to quote the bible to you?

Maybe you should inform all the scientists of the world that anytime they use critical thinking to find solutions to problems they are ignorant.

But please, tell me what chemcials have the ability to "feel". What mixture of chemicals and elements have the ability to "feel" things? Is there an element next to helium called "feelium"? Oh yeah, I know sarcasm too.

And tell me, to what are the images your eyes collect presented too? What is it that actually views the world? Is this also chemicals?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

What you say is already twisted. You need no help from me, nor do I offer my help to assist you in promulgating your confusing rhetoric.

What I have put forth on the OP is so plain and simple a child can easily understand it. It's directed at Believers in King Jesus, not mockers and doubters of the Faith.

You are here on a personal mission to distract, insult, accuse, confuse, cause arguments, quarrels and strife.

If you have something intelligent to say "on topic", please say it without attacking, name calling, and accusing.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Sure... To believe in King Jesus is anything but escaping religious images and delusions.

Thus, your premise should have been "Come on in everybody and let me teach you how to entangle yourself in religious images and delusions."

All the above is, of course, based on the Tanakh and the actual words of Jesus.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
1. you made fun of me in my thread

2. and now you say the same things,

3. only in a different light?

4. I have nothing to apologize for. tsk tsk.

Please correlate the numbers above to the numbers below for the response. Further instructions made available on request.

1. It's not right that you feel that way.
You made fun of many good people who tried to help you understand thosee Christians you malign and slander in your thread.

2. Yes, the message is the same, but I try to present it better each time.

3. Yes, a light shining in the darkness, but the same One True Light.

4. Of course you don't.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
Please correlate the numbers above to the numbers below for the response. Further instructions made available on request.

You made fun of many good people who tried to help you understand thosee Christians you malign and slander in your thread.

4. Of course you don't.

Yay! glad to see that you are using one of my techniques that comes in handy.. it does, huh? The numbering system that is

1. I did not make fun of anyone JM and it is funny that you would say so. You should go back and read the thread through.. the great thing is, our discussion in there can not be edited and thus, it is what it is and the truth of our words is there for all to see. It doesn't matter if you own up to the words or not.. it is all there, the truth.

2. Our message is not the same. You worship an idol... I do not. Also, as badmedia pointed out, you teach people to sell their soul, I do not. My Father has created us as individuals and there is MUCH beauty in that.

3. Please, don't insult me by saying we are giving the same light. My light comes from the Father... yours comes from your father.. Isaiah 8: 20 will show others the difference in the true light vs the false light.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

1. you made fun of me in my thread

2. and now you say the same things,

3. only in a different light?

4. I have nothing to apologize for. tsk tsk.

4. Of course you don't.

And as for the "fire dude" in #4.. I did not put that... just to clarify. That, you added.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Reading the thread with morning coffee is one hair raising experience.

For me the tone of the thread and the arguments/debates herein make me very sad. Every person has their own path back to the Creator and to their own awakening. Jesus or no Jesus, Bible or no Bible, we are all offspring of the Creator. Judging each other and the paths we have chosen is counter productive.

John made the point this thread is for the people that believe in King Jesus and for no one else. How sad that we cannot have a open minded conversation about religious delusion and images, unless we agree with the OP and are "believers".

Love is the key, connection to the Creator and to the energy of love is all that matters. The rest is just frill. Enjoy the banter, I am finished with this one and hope to run into you again down the road of ats.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Sure... To believe in King Jesus is anything but escaping religious images and delusions.

Thus, your premise should have been "Come on in everybody and let me teach you how to entangle yourself in religious images and delusions."

All the above is, of course, based on the Tanakh and the actual words of Jesus.

I'm sorry.
The message you are attempting to convey has been corrupted.
Please wait for a moment of clarity and retype your message.
Please Read the following before proceeding to correct this error message:

www.peterwade.com...

www.greatcontroversy.org...

[edit on 25/1/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Alright... you may have moments of non clarity regarding the truth and this is evident in that you have to go to other men to get interpretations. I do not have such a need.

The Truth is there in front of my eyes... the brain in my head was given to me by the Creator.. and my heart is following after the Truth (my Father), so why should another man need to give me his interpretations in order for me to have clarity?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Funny rhetorical questions.
Allow me to pose few of my own.
Why do you allow suffering?
Why do you allow inequities?
Why does anyone?
Does that mean you and they don't exist?

Simple fact of the matter is we are here to learn what it is to exist and having some sort of supernatural nursemaid that made everything ok for everything would be against the spirit of that. WE are left to our own devices.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
Love is the key, connection to the Creator and to the energy of love is all that matters. The rest is just frill. Enjoy the banter, I am finished with this one and hope to run into you again down the road of ats.

I agree with you. Love is the Key and Jesus was the very incarnation of God's Love revealed to mankind. To deny God's gift in Christ Jesus is to deny God's Love.

John 1 states: (NIV)
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. He was with God in the beginning.
3. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
4. In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
5. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
6. There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John.
7. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe.
8. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
9. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
10. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
11. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
12. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God
13. children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.
14. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
15. John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' "
16. From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
17. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
18. No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only,who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

John 3:16 says: For God so loved the world that he gave His only son that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

1 John 4: states: (NIV)
7. Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

8. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

9. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

10. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

11. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

12. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

13. We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.

14. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

15. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God.

16. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.

17. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him.

18. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

19. We love because he first loved us.

20. If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

21. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

[edit on 25/1/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

this must be why during brain surgery they keep the soul "awake" so they dont cut it on accident and send the man to hell. We all know that one wrong slice could drasticly change the mans hopes and dreams, or are you to ignorant to admit this?

When brain cells die it can remove memories, aspects of vision, words, smells. With those memories gone are they not a differnt person? Does this not show you how experiances and memories shape personalitys? How does your soul butterly fit into that.... the soul contains no knowledge of experiances or emotions... or any of our senses. Those are all alterable with brain surgery.

Its just sad to see a thread based on removing delusional thinking on which you are saying that theres a magical soul you have no proof of existing. You are to ignorant to see how your reality is a tapistry of electrical signals and chemicals.

Isnt it strange that these same people who distorted the religions back then never left power? Who do you think compiled the bible? A bunch of holy people im sure... right. It seems that you only recognize that we are being decived... not also that those who decive allowed what we have now to exist.

How far does the rabbit hole go?

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Wertdagf]

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
To deny God's gift in Christ Jesus is to deny God's Love. Quoted from JM's post

I guess all the wonderful and loving Buddhists, Hindu's, Muslims, Jews, agnostics and everyone else denies God's love.

I find your view of your god and spirituality very close minded and full of the usual condemnation. I am glad that you have found a path that works for you.....how loving it would be if you could have the same joy for those that do not believe as you do.

One more thought, I find it frightening when people are unable to discuss spirituality without constantly quoting the bible. It seems that so many have no independent thought and cannot form opinions on their own, but need the CC (Constantine Collection) bible, to do all the thinking for them.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Alright... you may have moments of non clarity regarding the truth and this is evident in that you have to go to other men to get interpretations. I do not have such a need.

The Truth is there in front of my eyes... the brain in my head was given to me by the Creator.. and my heart is following after the Truth (my Father), so why should another man need to give me his interpretations in order for me to have clarity?

Why does a brain surgeon need training? Why does a mechanic need training? Why do any of us need an education? Why do we have road maps?

Do we learn from those who walked before us and discovered the hidden dangers, or do we just walk the path and right off the cliff?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

To deny God's gift in Christ Jesus is to deny God's Love. Quoted from JM's post

I guess all the wonderful and loving Buddhists, Hindu's, Muslims, Jews, agnostics and everyone else denies God's love.

You miss the point. I agree Love is the Key. All I am saying is Jesus = Divine Love of God incarnate. That is exactly what the verses I gave say too. I have no quarrel with you. If you have a quarrel, it's with scripture.

If anyone Loves God and His brother, then they are born of God. When you do this you are worshiping Jesus, whether you know His name or not.
Jesus is Love. Love is Jesus. Jesus is God, God is Love. Get it?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

One more thought, I find it frightening when people are unable to discuss spirituality without constantly quoting the bible. It seems that so many have no independent thought and cannot form opinions on their own, but need the CC (Constantine Collection) bible, to do all the thinking for them.

The people I quoted from scripture gave us their opinion and we should at least give them the courtesy as anyone else deserves on here regardless of what your personal biasis, prejudices, or fears are towards the Bible.

Perfect Love casts out fear.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Why does a brain surgeon need training? Why does a mechanic need training? Why do any of us need an education? Why do we have road maps?

Do we learn from those who walked before us and discovered the hidden dangers, or do we just walk the path and right off the cliff?

And yet, even a 5 year old can throw and catch a baseball without knowing or understanding physics.

I personally think it's pretty telling that you have spent all those years studying the bible and still haven't found the father, and yet plenty of people find him all the time without it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join