It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mengele's South American Legacy: 'Twin Town' in Brazil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Mengele's South American Legacy: 'Twin Town' in Brazil

www.tele graph.co.uk

Nazi angel of death Josef Mengele evidently continued his experiments in creating an Aryan master race while on the lam in South America in the sixties.
"For years scientists have failed to discover why as many as one in five pregnancies in a small Brazilian town have resulted in twins &mdashl most of them blond haired and blue eyed.

But residents of Candido Godoi now claim that Mengele made repeated visits there in the early 1960s, posing at first as a vet but then offering medical treatme
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If this is true, it is big news! It was very clear that many old Nazis were and are in South America and especially in Brazil and Argentine. But this will be an evidence that thay never remained "brave". They continuied their horrible crimes under other disguises. Anyway, if you never heard of Dr. Mengele, I recommend to look on his bio, and other old famous alive Nazis. I always ask myself: Why bad people live so long?

www.tele graph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think the better question is:

How has Mengele managed to genetically alter these inhabitants in such a way that his fingerprint is still visible almost 40 years after his death.

Even better:

Why would he bother? What was so all-consuming about his fascination with twins that he would risk his very life to continue his work?

And don't bother saying "He was evil", that's a stupid answer with no depth to it. Genetics was in its infancy when Mengele was alive, despite his research being responsible for many of the leaps in the science following WWII. How did he do this?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
His task was to carry out experiments to discover by what method of genetic quirk twins were produced – and then to artificially increase the Aryan birthrate for his master, Adolf Hitler.www.tele graph.co.uk

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

but he was a total sociopath with homocidal tendancies. Who knows why he was obsessed with it or why he did what he did. His level of interest went beyond acting on orders.

And its hardly Stupid to call him evil as noted above. In fact its quite an apt description.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Seems to me he damn well got near to success, from that pic on the site, he sure as hell figured it out.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.

Why would he bother? What was so all-consuming about his fascination with twins that he would risk his very life to continue his work?

And don't bother saying "He was evil", that's a stupid answer with no depth to it. Genetics was in its infancy when Mengele was alive, despite his research being responsible for many of the leaps in the science following WWII. How did he do this?

Such big, although horrible scientific ambitions can go beyond all rational thinking. This is kind of feeling of Power. He wants to feel this power of manipulation through science. This desire can be much more powerful than to think about not risking. Think about serial killers, or any serial crime subjects...Sometimes feeling of being powerful is beyond everything (which I think is very dangerous).

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

It is stupid to use "evil" as the sole explanation of his actions. That he was evil was a given, everyone knows that, but that does nothing to further understanding of why the man did what he did. Evil is a mere cop-out to avoid having to understand the subject in full.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I read this yesterday and it certainly seems like a plausible explanation for the mysteriously high rate that twins are born in this one area (and the fact that they have blonde hair and blue eyes.)

Why did he do it? Who can say. There might have been/still be some residual Nazi organisation(s) still running who were interested in the results of his research. Mengele himself might have had a desire to continue what he began whilst working in the concentration camps. There are a number of possible explanations.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
this is true and most the # they say he did (even though it is true he "tortured" people) it has deffinate scientific background

top topics

join