It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN May Prosecute Bush, Regardless of US Action

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Thats funny,unprovoked huh?, It is well known that Taliban fighters flee across the border to this stronghold in Pakistan, and have done so for many years. Pakistani intelligence supprts them with information and logistics, and Pakistani leaders have turned a blind eye to the cross border activities of Taliban fighters, then suddenly whine about being attacked by us. Obama is doing exactly what his military commanders have advised him to do in order to protect U.S. soldiers. Pakistan is just as culpable for many attacks on the U.S. (9-11 ring any bells) as Afganistan.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by spookjr]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Deltaboy is being facetious. Trying to highlight the irrational emotional foaming of the mouth response which plagued the Bush administration. Yet same situation, different person in office, but no foaming of the mouth.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

Thats no excuse, its not Pakistan's fault that they can't stop everybody. Just like the U.S. can't stop all illegal migration of people from the south. Pakistan has also shed blood to combat terrorists and sympathizers. As they have said to the Bush administration, give them more time.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The UN thinks it cam march in here and prosecute our president? I'm afraid not. In fact, something like that could get them kicked out or even start a war.

It will never happen.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This is funny Presidents have a battery of lawyers to make sure they dont get into trouble.And if by chance they do they can all ways find a scape goat look at Reagan and Oliver North he took the fall for the government selling drugs in the United States to fund a war. Do you really think they would not have someone on the chopping block if they went after Bush?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If there is sufficient evidence, and given this it seems there is, then a real investigation should be launched, and if evidence of prosecutable war crimes is found to exist, then people should be prosecuted, be it Bush, Cheney or anybody else.

"real investigation" means the investigation should not be conducted by people who are intent on "getting" Bush no matter what, and it should not be conducted by people intent on proving Bush innocent no matter what. It should be conducted by people (if any can be found) intent on finding out the truth.

An Obama pardon of Bush is irrelevant outside the US, and war crimes are international crimes, so any hypothetical pardon will be of no consequence in this issue.

If Bush, or any member of his or any other administration are guilty of war crimes, they should be prosecuted and punished accordingly. Given the evidence that has come to light so far, an open, honest investigation is warranted.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If there is any truth to this then it is just the UN trying to push sovereignty over the US in hopes of settling on a compromise like letting bush off in exchange for repealing of the death penalty or the 2nd Amendment or whatever.

The standard US response is "yeah, right". Then the whole thing blows over because the UN doesn't like to relocate outside NYC.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
why are we talking about Obama. Sorry guys, that's not what this thread is about.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakane

The UN can I believe since the problem is between the US and other countries, they have the jurisdiction. And even if they can't I think someone will. I hope someone will.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It seems to have been missed Total - as some posters got a bit off topic

The vid is pretty good...as for Bush and Co ever being held accountable...highly doubtful. So doubtful in fact that I bet there's a lightning bolt for every American citizen before bush ever has to answer for his actions.

Not a pessimistic outlook...practical. It'll all be swept under the rug. Too costly to prosecute and too much "information" will have been lost and or destroyed before anything "formal" is even suggested.

Originally posted by justgeneric
reply to post by Total Reality

There are a lot of non reliable sources for the story...it's been circulating on twitter and digg and it seems most stem from the rawstory article.

Pelosi is contemplating it is the US but as yet, nothing from the UN in regards to trying Bush & Co for war crimes.

here's the Pelosi article from (gag) Fox.

Pelosi open to prosecution of Bush Administration

There is also a video by Keith Olberman playing on MSNBC regarding this!

If US fails to prosecute the UN may take up the lead.

Video here

Nothing from other sources yet but they'll grab it soon.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakane

Yours is an all too typical American attitude.

"We have laws, values and rights governing how Americans should be treated; however, the U.S. can do anything it wants outside of its borders and no-ones' laws; not even our own, have any bearing whatsoever -- so tough cheese!"

am I right?
I don't think so, but that is what a lot of you seem to think.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

No, we simply pay nearly a quarter of the UN's annual bill so they can impose their jurisdiction upon us and threaten US politicians, service members and citizens?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Identical post removed..

[edit on 23-1-2009 by pepsi78]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Bush can stand trial in absence.
When he travels to Europe they can catch and arrest him.
Same thing has been done with other criminals , Bush is not special.
American laws do not apply over the border.
There is nothing stopping the UN from going ahead with the prosecution.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
ATS never fails to amuse me.

What a joke....Yep here we go, blah, blah, blah.....

Bush will never stand trial for anything. Get over it.

Another reason why ATS is Killing ATS....

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric
Pelosi is contemplating it

She's a flake. The thought of her being two heartbeats from the oval office should scare the stuff'n out of everyone on the planet.

The UN will NEVER go after an American POTUS. Not one in office and not one out of office. Because ... drumroll ...America pays 1/4 of the bills for the UN and the UN is in New York. We control the area and we control the money.

Won't happen.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Total Reality
The UN can I believe since the problem is between the US and other countries, they have the jurisdiction. And even if they can't I think someone will. I hope someone will.

The United Nations does not have the power to prosecute Americans citizens; they do not have any jurisdiction in the United States.

I find it curious that you are so angry at President Bush for his so-called violations of the Constitution, but you yourself seem to be willing to throw the Constuition out the window and allow the UN control over American citizens.

The leaders of the United Nations are not elected by the people. Why would you want to give them control over our lives?

- Boat

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Did any of you actually read the article? There is nothing in it whatsoever about the UN pursuing Bush, rather there is only a statement on German television by a UN official calling for the US to pursue Bush and Rumsfeld. The headline is completely fabricated and in no way connected to the story.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
a statement on German television by a UN official calling for the US to pursue Bush and Rumsfeld.

Again ... for what? The war in Iraqi is LEGAL. Resolution 1441, and other resolutions, say it's legal. While I consider waterboarding to be torture, there is no proof that any torture took place at GITMO and therefore there is nothing to 'pursue' Bush and Rumsfield for.

It's just a foreigner, connected with the CORRUPT and USELESS UN, blabbing anti-bushisms.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I didn't even take a position on the question! I simply pointed out that there is nothing in the article to support the discussion being had in this thread, and if it continues it is purely hypothetical, and an extremely unlikely hypothetical at that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join