It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Rumble Vexes Sequoyah County

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

I thought earthquakes too since I grew up in Cali and am used to the sound/feel of them. But Geologists in the area said they are reading activity but it is NOT seismic.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Nuclear waste is chewing through the soft and porous limestone underneath the facility, causing large caverns which are collapsing and acting as echo chambers?

Yeah, bizzare and highly unlikely, just wanted to throw that out there.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Makes as much sense as anything else so far. Thanks for posting!! after reading all that information on the uranium plant out there... who knows what long term affect it had on the ground in the area or the true extent of their waste disposal. That was some scary stuff.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SleeplessInUS

if you were building an underground super highway would you go through Sequoyah? Maybe it is just in the path of the underground transportation highway network. Anybody else experiencing this phenomenon? With enough input we might just be able to map it.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

exactly.... with enough input of people feeling/hearing this, we could possibly get a more complete overall picture. Lets make sure to flag this so that more people can see the thread and we can get more input
Thank you everyone!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Growing up here in scotland, reminds me of a time many years ago when the whole village where I lived heard rumblings each night at the same time, with no identifiable reason or cause.

We eventually found out that it was an underground railway system that had many years prior, been used to ferry coal to our local harbour, for shipping overseas.

Turned out it had been re-opened by a local brick manufacturing business to transport and store their bricks ( building blocks) in an area of 4 miles of the tunnel.

Someone needs to check to see if there are any tunnels below the area, as I believe the rumble/roar, being heard at the same time every night or day can only mean it is man made.

Respects

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Well that falls in line with my theory and it would make a lot of sense since there does seem to be a time element to the occurrences. Problem is that I don't know if we would be able find out anything if they don't want us to know. How far is this area from Iron Mountain and Cheyenne Mountain? Could there be a connection?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
weird indeed.

I would almost think that the Tremors are back

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

would make sense except the authorities said they investigated the "mine" angle... wouldn't they be aware if there was activity (legal) in any of the tunnels in the area? Only way they would be in the dark is if it was illegal or above their authority.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Sounds like they are experiancing the noises and vibrations of underground base expansion. Or hey maybe its HAARP being used to locate underground commodities. Or its just an ex mining town experiancing the re packing of some of the pockets created by their mining industry.

Also Sleepless in uS is Smoking. Rowr!

[edit on 23-1-2009 by BeyondBelow]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Possibly the underground rapid transit system.

These maglev underground trains, have reported speeds of 4000 MPH.

Could be the midday express whizzing through the county.

Do you get a sonic boom underground?

If there is air in the tunnel (as opposed to artificial vacuum) then i s'pose it could be the sheer speed causing a sonic like boom, followed by the rumbling.

spikey.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Possibly the underground rapid transit system.

These maglev underground trains, have reported speeds of 4000 MPH.

Could be the midday express whizzing through the county.

Do you get a sonic boom underground?

If there is air in the tunnel (as opposed to artificial vacuum) then i s'pose it could be the sheer speed causing a sonic like boom, followed by the rumbling.

spikey.

Hey! What about that weird business going on at the Colorado airport? Who rides on those trains anyway? Think with the increased activity they are bringing in stores? I think we better find out before the shelves go bare.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

thanks LOL

reply to post by spikey

interesting ideas.... but if that's the case then why is it starting now? What has changed since tues? What would the train be transporting? opens up more questions.

If we can get more reports of these feelings and sounds we could possibly establish some sort of "route" of the phenom.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

can you expand on the "weirdness at colorado airport" for me? Im missing the connection of the colorado airport and the noise/tremors in Ark. Im interested in what you are referring to.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Just found this on the news channel's website in their forum area. Someone had posted this snippet which could explain alot.

UNITED STATES NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION Draft Environmental Impact Statement for the Reclamation of the Sequoyah Fuels Corporation Site in Gore, Oklahoma, License No. SUB-1010, Draft Report for Comment, NUREG-1888, September 2007

Sequoyah Fuels Corporation (SFC) is proposing to conduct reclamation activities at its 243-hectare (600-acre) former uranium conversion site in Gore, Oklahoma, in accordance with Title 10, "Energy," of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Part 40 (10 CFR Part 40), Appendix A (which includes criteria for the disposition of uranium mill tailings or wastes). In its Reclamation Plan submitted to the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), SFC proposes to consolidate contaminated sludges and soils, demolish existing structures (with the exception of the administration building and the electrical substation), and construct an above-grade, onsite engineered disposal cell for the permanent disposal of all contaminated materials.

I wonder how we would find out if that is what is currently happenning... and if so, why wouldn't the local authorities be aware?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Has anyone checked the seismic monitors in the area related to the times in question? Couldn't hurt.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nemo001

it was stated that there has been no seismic activity according to the USGS. They are reading that their is activity but not seismic. (not sure what that means, perhaps someone else could expand on that)

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I "GAS" I missed the time of day in the OP. I recall having known blasting from the local quarry when I lived in Wisconsin would also happen around noon as well. Usually I believe some siren would go off just before it.

Anyway, I did a lttle checking and also found that Oklahoma is supposedly the third largest natural gas producer. Not that these would go off at noon though
And as gas and oil production typically use drilling, I doubt they would be blasting. I think it's a mine or a quarry. Blasting once a day seems low also. Maybe small quarries don't need to either. Many areas may be blasted at one time or at lunch?

here's a related map that might suggest something.

www.globalenergymaps.com...

[edit on 23-1-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well, I would think it is one of two things.

Here is a link to an ATS thread
NEWS: Mysterious Outbreak Of Mud And Gas Geysers In Oklahoma Has Officials Puzzled

News was all over that for a while until they figured out what caused it. Drilling of course.

The other thing I ws thinking of is underground tunnels. I live in Missouri, and I know there are several cities that sit right on top of tunnels. Most people do not even know. If it is military, they do not have to tell anyone anything. Or maybe it is someone digging on their private property. I know that sounds crazy, but there are a lot of people who have been freekin out lately. Convinced there is a civil war comming. They are stockpiling everything they can, and trying to sell out to move to the country. I do not think it is far fetched to think someone is getting some sort of underground whatever set up.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

that's an interesting idea, perhaps someone is creating an underground bunker for their own personal use.... and they definately would NOT let other people know about it. But they would really have to be doing some large scale explosions for it to be felt so far and wide.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join