It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I just had to get my boy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This was the coolest thing I think I have ever seen. Why didn't they have this awesome stuff when I was a kid?

I had to get it for my son. Man this thing is cool. It's full auto and comes with a belt clip!

I hope I get some pictures of him opening up on his buddies with this thing. Mu hu ha ha ha!

Have any of yall seen something you just had to get your kids? Something awesome and you kind of wanted it for yourself but you get it for them just because its just that awesome?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Ah wow! I'm jealous.

I hope you get some good pictures!

Peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I hope so too, I would love to be able to see the look on his face when he opens up the box.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
DUDE! They're awesome. We have 2 of them. We have Nerf Gun wars all the time. They are GREAT! My son kicks my butt all the time as he 'sneaks up on me'. I know it's coming, and he comes at me with guns blazin' and stuff. We even went ahead and got the laser scope. He hits me point blank all the time. I always seem to 'miss' him. Yeah that's it. My aim is off.........I can't tell you how many hours have been spent using this. Simply amazing. Enjoy it!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Can't let my boys see that or they'll want it NOW...
We buy Nerf bullets every single time we go to a Target or Walmart. My Boys have a collection of Nerf guns, but nothing like the fully automatic monster above.

"I got my boys the WiiFit"
muahaha, but I send them outside to play so I can have it to myself!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

For your boy..yeah sure..LOL
Are you going to let him play with it?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
That is the coolest toy EVER. I wish there were toys like that when I was little. I don't have any kids, but if I did they would definitely own THAT beauty right there.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

That thing is badass.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Lom, I would love to enjoy it with him, but hes in Florida, and Im in Michigan, once Hasbro comes out with the Nerf ICBM were on.

worldwatcher, I know I showed my nephew it and hes uber jealous.

spacedoubt, it's on it's way to his house now. Hope his mom let's him play with it. She might just want to "test" it extensively first

I wanted first to get him a drum set, oh well maybe for his birthday

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I bought my nephew one of these for Christmas, and as soon as he got it all put together he started firing at everybody. Therein lies the problem, toys like these are meant to indoctrinate kids.

These toys are just as dangerous to the child as they are fun for the child. Always think programming and conditioning first, 'they' are.

Edit: I bought him that because his uncle hardly ever sees him and I wanted to get him what he really wanted, but I actually have reservations about doing so.

Peace

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I completely understand your point, when I was growing up firearms were a normal part of my household. I received my first .22 in 5th grade, moved up to a 30 30 Winchester after passing hunters safety, and received a 12 gauge sawed off shotgun on graduating high school. Today I wouldn't dream of giving my son a real gun. But times are different today as when I was growing up.

I was drilled on gun safety from a small boy, I think it is important for young kids to be knowledgeable about firearms and know the dangers. As for indoctrination, I understand that but with education comes knowledge and knowing the power of firearms and the ramifications of using them is important.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I agree, if that child get an education on guns which is the case with you.

The main problem is the "bullets" in these guns are nerf and it's obvious to the child that they don't hurt, but the mentality of firing a weapon at anything that moves becomes almost common place. People may say "oh just chill out, it's just a toy", I'd tell them different.

Again, as long as there getting an education on what real bullets really do, then I don't have much of a problem. Hope he enjoys it, my nephew certainly is.

Don't get me started on the mind-warping new books like Alex Rider. Kids are under constant attack.

Peace

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Man, I'd hate to be a cat with one of those things around.
Second line shudder!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
That's a great gift.

If I had a kid, I'd get him one and get myself one and it'd be hours of fun.

Good choice.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm sure it's loads of fun just by the looks on that boy's face of the toy box!

Actually, that kid kinda reminds of someone... Hmmm!

[edit on 2009-1-25 by pikypiky]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Whew, had me scared, I thought I was going to open this and find a picture of that "Airport SEcurity" toy.

new topics

top topics

join