It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's First Missile Strike

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Those animals consider this country a battlefield and they don't need a declaration of war.
Fire with fire.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I have a theory that Pakistan's new Pres., Zardari, is working with Obama on the current strikes. I wouldn't be surprised if exact coordinates weren't given. This seemed like a pretty accurate strike.

Just my opinion.

here is a link from the Washington Post.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by MischeviousElf

It says that it is the first attack since the inauguration. there was a cease fire during the inauguration.

All this is saying that things have now heated up again between Pakistan and Israel and the cease fire is over.

Reminding the US how many problems Obama has inherited and has to deal with.

This doesn't have anything to do with Obama except the timeline, that this is the first international incident to come along in his adminitration.

Stop proprogating garbage, pay attention to the info. And take some anti-anxiety medicine for crying out loud.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I am not going to kick you while you are down...but that was pretty darn funny, right thar!
(It is easy to get confused...don't worry about it that much).

This conversation is silly. Obama is doing what he needs to do, and should be doing: going after terrorists.

I was not a big Bush supporter, but I also don't think he was evil. He just did his job....albeit poorly.

But i am not much of an Obama lover, either. Same song, different party.

It IS unfair that he be criticized for doing his job, however even more unfair is the hypocritical way the spin-doctors try to make like this isn't a big deal. Silo....your comments in this thread represent the worst of American politics. Shame on you.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
While I can understand Obama as president has the job to protect America from terrorism. If Pakistan fired rockets on the United States: Because they decided a certain group is getting out of control; This would be interpreted as a act of war.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Stranded]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Stranded

If pakistan wishes to declare war, so be it. But they won't Because they KNOW that they are doing wrong. And that they cannot sustain a war with us, except via the terrorists.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I've been telling people for over a year that once Obama starts receiving intelligence and security briefings, he will have to make very unpopular decisions. For national security reasons he will not be able to explain some of them. People looked at me like I was crazy, but here we go.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by munkey66

Oh, I forgot everything is the fault of the US.
Well maybe we shouldn't help anyone, on the face of this Earth, ever again.
Hell, they will only turn on us eventually anyway, so why bother.

I think Obama should come out and say this to peoples of da world just to get a reaction.

Now you are talking sense.
It should not be up to America to save the planet, I didn't vote for an American President, I live in Australia, why should I support a war I didn't even agree with my own goverment getting involveed in.
Why is it that everywhere America has put its nose war follows?

Can you name me a country that the US hasn't been involved with that hasn't ended in a war?

I will mention I am not anti American, I am anti US world policies.

I mean come on lets face facts, you cannot bomb a country into democracy.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
You're all too worried about Obama. Seriously, Bush has you scared in your socks from his last 8 years. You all (Americans against Obama from the get-go) need to grow up and become less like Fox news. To take a quote from Jon Stewart, which fits you all SO perfectly..

"Afraid of what will happen... OBLIVIOUS to everything that already has."

You are worried about what Obama will do with his current decisions, but you've already forgotten what fantastic things that Bush did to the world, even AFTER you elected him back into office a second term.

You have nobody to blame but your own selves. Thanks for screwing the world up BTW. It's unfortunate that Obama now has to take the slack and pick it up and fix what people like Bush (who you should REALLY have been worrying about) began.

Seriously, I've seen more negative posts around here in the last few days that Obama has been president than I did the entire Bush administrations term. AND BUSH SCREWED UP THE ENTIRE PLANET.

Seriously, give it up guys. Obama won, and it's a LOT better place so far with him in office, regardless of who you wanted to win.

And please, stop watching Fox news. The stench of it REEKS in each thread posted against Obama so far.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Temperamental69]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

Obama's First Missile Attacks

corner.nationalreview.com

The strike was the first on Pakistani territory since the inauguration of President Barrack Obama.

Pakistani leaders had expressed hope Obama would halt the attacks, more than 30 of which have been launched since the middle of last year, reportedly killing several senior militants.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbsnews.com
www.kristv.com
www.google.com
www.kxmc.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.google.com...

[edit on 23-1-2009 by MischeviousElf]

I still don't get why you guys expect any better from this president? It's idiotic to think that after 60 years of the same foreign policy a black president would have the balls to change it.

This was America and still is America, the only radical change I see would probably come from that little skinny white wannabe president RON PAUL. It's unfortunate that he doesn't belong in American politics, it's a well known fact that the American public is brainfacked by the media, so any hope for change would be from revolutionaries, maybe a civil war like the good old days.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pfeil
abcnews.go.com...

"I understand that President Musharraf has his own challenges," Obama said, "but let me make this clear. There are terrorists holed up in those mountains who murdered 3,000 Americans. They are plotting to strike again. It was a terrible mistake to fail to act when we had a chance to take out an al Qaeda leadership meeting in 2005. If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will."

I really hope Obama is sincere when he talks about striking in Pakistan . this is a real mess in there with all the corruption the tribal lands and the mountains who help Taliban officers to settle camps hide weapons prepare attacks etc...The only language they understand is force, no matter what the peace-talkers will say ( every holy war is about a bunch of extremists who don't want to talk or negotiate ) So the day they gather and prepare some ugly *SNIP* for the West they'd better watch out for a Tomahawk

Mod Edit: No profanity please

[edit on 1/24/09 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Ahem

Enough........

The personal sniping and bickering needs to cease as of now. If you feel you are unable to post in a civil manner that is ON Topic and not an ad hom. attack then take abreak and peruse the myriad of other threads here on ATS.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MattMulder

I really hope Obama is sincere when he talks about striking in Pakistan . this is a real mess in there with all the corruption the tribal lands and the mountains who help Taliban officers to settle camps hide weapons prepare attacks etc...The only language they understand is force, no matter what the peace-talkers will say ( every holy war is about a bunch of extremists who don't want to talk or negotiate ) So the day they gather and prepare some ugly s*** for the West they'd better watch out for a Tomahawk

Ahh I thought it was your government who said we don't talk to terrorists. The only language your government knows is war you should be saying. Remember you started the war not them but than again you are too brainfaked by the media to understand.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
We have given Pakistan 8 years to try and police up their radicals, and they have yet to do anything about them. I am sure this is because much of their intelligence force is in bed with those same groups. Right now, Pakistan has the biggest den of terrorists on the planet, and it needs to be effectively dealt with. If their government will not deal with these people, then others are surly going to step in and take care of the problem for them. After all, India is about fed up with the situation as well.

I say good on Obama, he is finally striking a blow where it needs to be struck, and not at some other country that was totally uninvolved.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Ahem

Enough........

The personal sniping and bickering needs to cease as of now. If you feel you are unable to post in a civil manner that is ON Topic and not an ad hom. attack then take abreak and peruse the myriad of other threads here on ATS.

Thank you.

I want to know why my post was removed seriousely, please explain. This is ridiculous, how the hell was my post inappropriate. You can't just remove my post and stamp a logo, you have to talk to me and explain why.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

So in the last 8 years, how many terrorists have come out of Pakistan and attacked the US on US soil?

I hear about these terrorists, and see the terrorist training videos, and I hear that more and more terrorist leaders are being killed in fights, but where is the evidence, just because someone sais something I am meant to believe its true?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Bush will not go to jail, the FED will not be dismantled and the war on terror will not end. USA will never totally leave Iraq.
And about 9/11 being disclosed - not a chance. Not even if Obama knew who did it and I think he does.

If any of the above do happen..., Obama will be my new hero. In fact a world hero

[edit on 24-1-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

A whole mess of them have come out of Pakistan to attack our troops in Afghanistan, including US military bases there which are considered to be US soil as long as they are operational. Additionally they have constantly attacked India.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

A whole mess of them have come out of Pakistan to attack our troops in Afghanistan, including US military bases there which are considered to be US soil as long as they are operational. Additionally they have constantly attacked India.

If you had no bases in Afghanistan they would not be attacking them.
I understand the semantics, but you are in a foreign country of flimsy evidence.
What they do to India is up to India to fix, not the US.

With all these new laws and serveilence, surley you could now leave Afghanistan and not worry about what are described as rag tag terrorists entering the US.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
If you had no bases in Afghanistan they would not be attacking them.

You are correct.
Instead of attacking our bases over there, they would be over here attacking stuff on US soil. The armed forces over there are the only thing that has kept them from being able to mount more attacks, by keeping them busy and unable to organize. They started the war, and we took the war to enemy turf, keeping it bottled up there. That is correct strategy in a war, you want to fight it on the other guys land.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join