It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's First Missile Strike

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

I think that is off topic a bit. This is about al-Qaeda not the Muslims.

Al-Qaeda has slaughtered many Muslims. Do you support them?

[edit on 1/23/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by poet1b

I fully agree that the war is real AND that terrorists kill children.
The point is this - that the pro-obama folks were up in arms about
collateral damage when Bush was in - but now their messiah is
dropping bombs on houses and killing children.

Where's the outcry from them?

The only explanation I can think of (besides them not wanting to sound like hypocrites) is that they somehow believe 'collateral damage' caused by obama authorized missile strikes to be more 'humane', or something ...

Obamaphiles have to start facing the truth sometime - that even after only 3 days in office, their 'messiah' is starting to look a little "bushier" every day.

[edit on 1/23/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Obama is killing innocent terrorists without a trial! He said the United States would no longer do this. We need warrants for this kind of action. We need to bring those people to justice and spend billions on trials.

What a hypocrite this guy is and so are all that defend him on this board that bashed Bush for doing the same exact thing. Obama is now a war criminal according to you left wing wackos...

This guy is a joke. He will continue the same policies as Bush because he knows they are right. The war is real folks & always has been...

All you kool-aid drinkers that think he won't keep dropping bombs need to add the Jim Jones recipe to your batch...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

OH crap your right. I apologize! I was reading some stuff on Gaza this morning and got it stuck on my brain. Now wonder your all like wha?!
I thought it a little odd anyone would be in Palestine. Sorry folks.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

You said, "Do we have any word on when Obama's first Presidential bowel movement happened? I would certainly like to be updated."

You know, I had the same thought a few days ago when the press was giving a second by second report on the train ride from Philadelphia to Baltimore. I was waiting for them to report, "President Elect Obama has just left his seat. ... He's moving to the back of the railcar. ... He's ...yes, he's going into the restroom. Now he's closing the door. Barack Hussein Obama is now in the restroom on the train! No word yet on what he's doing in there. We're going to take a commercial break here. When we come back we'll get a report on whether Mr. Obama took a 1, a 2, or a 3.

Anyway, we have gotten the word on his every move right up to the last of the inaugural balls, and now we get almost nothing.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

If President Obama would have Authorized the strikes he’d be the first one to tell the US about it!

Why do you say he would tell you about it?
Just because he was elected in on a platform of trancperancy and hope with change does not mean they will disclose all.
He has more information now than he did before the election, the lines may be a little blurred now on what has to be open to the public and what is national security.

Our Prime minister had a platform of change as well, so far the only change is the loose change in our pockets where there used to be notes.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The only bashing I did of Bush was he went after Saddam for personal reasons and not after terrorist who were in countries where Bush has ties Pakistan, Saudia Arbia so on. And turned our military into a private paid for army that made his friends rich in a war that he wanted to keep going for 100 years or 1000 years like his puppet Mc Cain said. I addmit Iraq was a pain in the a** with Saddam in power but what country with a crazy dictator isn't.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
I dont care if theyre mad about it or not. As the quote posted earlier said, they killed 3000 americans

What is this lack of Geography about on ATS today?

If Al qaeda exists which is very very unlikely as a coherent organisation, if they were involved in the 9/11 fiasco, which is again very very open to speculation even by the USA investigations they came from Saudi Arabia!

So why isnt he firing rockets into Saudi Arabia, a country proven to have members of radical islam, where the funding is proven to have come from?

Where the infamous Bin Laden comes from?

Why attack an Ally that has only got a problem on its borders because the taliban were created after the CIA meddled with the russians in the area and funded, created, thought out, supported the radical islam within Afghanistan when it suited them to kill russians.

The Pakistanis are innocent in this,they would not have a Problem with massively radicalised Islam on there border regions if the USA had not been playing cloak and dagger, and recently bully boy in the area in the first place, all of course after they were forcibly removed from there homes 60 yrs ago by the British.

My God no wonder the poor people there hate the West????

Obama should pick up the phone, apoligise for creating regional insecurity and Americans history there for the last 30 yrs, Slag of the UK for partition, call a regional summit and try and sort this out properly.

My god have you guys not learnt, didnt the Russians teach you anything, you cant beat this by bombing it, it just grows, moves and gets angrier.

I really thought Obama was wiser, but he is just another dog chasing his tail.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Heres a example of Bush's war on terror.In-flight confrontations can lead to charges defined as terrorism

Freeman is one of at least 200 people on flights who have been convicted under the amended law. In most of the cases, there was no evidence that the passengers had attempted to hijack the airplane or physically attack any of the flight crew. Many have simply involved raised voices, foul language and drunken behavior.

Some security experts say the use of the law by airlines and their employees has run amok, criminalizing incidents that did not start out as a threat to public safety, much less an act of terrorism.

Bush turned war on terror into a war on evrybody for anything. If I was Obama I wouldn't want to use that phrase either to describe the fight against terrorist and extremist. Bush had a way of changing the meanings of the simplist things to fit his agenda.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

reply to post by vor78

If President Obama would have Authorized the strikes he’d be the first one to tell the US about it!
[edit on 23-1-2009 by silo13]

Hahahahahahahahahaha..... you can't possibly be serious can you???? How naive.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

This is very worrying, and is making people wary of acting normally anywhere, it seems for the individuals and countries too.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I repeat!

There is no reference to President Obama authorizing any such thing in any of the articles you posted.
Any illusion of a strike order coming from President Obama at this point is pure conjecture and propaganda.

They cannot even prove (as of now) the plane was American - (Though they *SUSPECT* it was a drone)...

All they state is it’s the first strike since the inauguration and state NOTHING about President Obamas influence or authorization.

peace

Edit is not working...

[edit on 23-1-2009 by silo13]

So are you insinuating that the military is taking rogue action bombing a sovereign nation without the president's knowledge? If so then we have more SERIOUS problems than ever before. A rogue military is probably the worst case scenario we could have.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
Obama is killing innocent terrorists without a trial! He said the United States would no longer do this. We need warrants for this kind of action. We need to bring those people to justice and spend billions on trials.

Now wait a sec.

If he wants to close Gitmo then that means he has no choice but to kill these animals on the battlefield.
They are enemy combatants because they don't wear standard military uniforms. They dress like civilians and rely on human shields for their protecton, so Geneva need not apply.

OH MY GOD!
I think I just defended Obama.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I think the question then has to be asked, how do you determine who is a terrorist and who isn't.
The US funded and trained the Taliban when they where freedom fighters against the soviets, now they are terrorists because they are fighting against the handler that trained them.

This must be the biggest example of "make up the rules as you go along"

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Wow Obama busted his "US missile strike on pakastani's" cherry pretty quick eh? Well don't worry folks "CHANGE" is coming soon. We will be "changing" from the MQ-1 "PREDATOR" UAV that can only carry two paltry hellfire missiles and killed 20 Pakastani's to the new kick ass MQ-9 "REAPER" UAV which is a larger and more capable aircraft than the earlier MQ-1 Predator. It can use MQ-1's ground systems. The MQ-9 has a 950-shaft-horsepower turboprop engine, far more powerful than the Predator's 119 hp (89 kW) piston engine. The increase in power allows the Reaper to carry 15 times more ordnance and cruise at three times the speed of the MQ-1!!!!

AMERICA!!! YEAH!!!!

More death destruction and mayhem curtoisy of the USA

I picture Obama singing this as the bombs go off....

All our times have come
Here but now they're gone
Seasons don't fear the reaper
Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain..we can be like they are
Come on baby...don't fear the reaper
Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper
We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper
Baby I'm your man...

Laaaa , la ,la ,la ,laaaaa

This is getting rediculous now... I mean this killing just needs to stop. People need to wake up and realize we're gonna keep getting fed the same OVER , and Over & over again....

Mod Edit; No Profanity please

[edit on 1/24/09 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
If he wants to close Gitmo then that means he has no choice but to kill these animals on the battlefield.

Its a country not a Battlefield, and one where is not a Declaration of War between. They are human beings to if misguided not animals.

They are enemy combatants because they don't wear standard military uniforms.

Well sounds like the logic used, that includes all civilians then?

They dress like civilians and rely on human shields for their protecton,

Many who have been killed in these strikes are though, innocent civilians women and children. Some not but many are.

so Geneva need not apply.

Like the torture that happened at Abu or Guantamino?

OH MY GOD!
I think I just defended Obama.

You certainly did, and defended actions that should not be employed, the modern technologies of today mean they could get the eyes of drones for these guys for weeks, and wait till the IIS got there, or kill them in their cars alone.

Elf.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Wait one minizzle...Yo...Barack...did you fire that mizzle? - Snoop Dog

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Where's BH at?

Shouldn't she come in a accuse this of being fake and then praise him some more?

Where are all the Obama supporters? Seriously?

To be honest, I never thought Obama would do this so soon, I'm really amazed!

Doesn't Pakistan have nukes? Man, that's scary!

It reminds me of this thread:
Fortress America: The United States Under Attack

Probably nothing though, but then again, I don't believe in coincidence.

No doubt there will be massive bloodshed from this new war, the war on Pakistan.

I believe that the U.S. will see a big momma coming down on us and this may be the "generated crisis" that Biden talked about, the U.S. being nuked and Obama becoming a bigger and badder Shrub!

Man, all this time I was hoping that I was wrong about Obama, I was hoping that he would do a good job, be a president I could believe in, be something close to Kennedy, but then again, I've always known he was a CFR member and got the tap from Bilderberg, plus his policies are pretty sinister, but I was seriously hoping he wouldn't go through with them. Well, that was my best shot at optimism.

Come on Obama supporters, he's just like bush except with darker skin, don't you get that already?

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
Wait one minizzle...Yo...Barack...did you fire that mizzle? - Snoop Dog

I didn't "LMAO" , But I did snort a little bit when I read that

That's Comedy

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Oh, I forgot everything is the fault of the US.
Well maybe we shouldn't help anyone, on the face of this Earth, ever again.
Hell, they will only turn on us eventually anyway, so why bother.

I think Obama should come out and say this to peoples of da world just to get a reaction.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join