It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's First Missile Strike

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

I don't care if the US launched an operation. Or if the order came from POTUS himself. What I do care about is that this article is being touted as evidence, and being mis-read and used as evidence as such when there isn't any.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yeah, I'm certain that an Executive Order takes about a year to take effect to shut down all missile strikes in Pakistan.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by deltaboy]

Wow how irresponsible would it be to completely shutdown all missile strikes in Pakistan without diplomatic engagement first?

Me think you just don't like Obama or do you Like Pakistan?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Gaza is not in Pakistan..............not even close......

Product of a public education I guess..........

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
WOW, just now watching the press conference, Gibbs refuses to answer any questions about the attack, the press and him are at each other, press looking rather Ticked off.

Edited to say, so much for transparency,

I don't like this Gibbs guy, who is he?

Think I will go find out.

en.wikipedia.org...

Gibbs joined Barack Obama's 2004 campaign staff as an advisor and remained with the senator through the first two years of Obama's term. Gibbs is credited with guiding Obama through those first years and molding his rise on the national scene. According to the New York Times, Gibbs advised Obama on politics, strategy and messaging, and spent more time with Obama than any other advisor.[1]

hmmmmmm

[edit on 123131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Between Israel and Pakistan.

Israel begins cease fire on Sunday

All this is saying that things have now heated up again between Pakistan and Israel and the cease fire is over.

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!

What failure of a public school taught you geography ROFLMFAO!!

Look at a map lately???

Pakistan and INDIA have been having Hostilities - yeah I know, they both start with the letter "I," it's so easy to confuse INDIA and Israel.

Gaza is IN ISRAEL - right next to EGYPT.

You do realize that your ignorance - which we DENY here at ATS has completely condemned you in this argument, don't you?

Bow out gracefully while you still have some face to hide

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The commander-in-chief can make the entire American Military do push-ups at the same time, from anywhere in the world, with just a word, not a pen, not a law, a spoken word.

Likewise, he can end missile strikes, start missile strikes, or drop the 82nd airborne Division anywhere, anytime, with a word, a spoken word. Not a pen, not a peice of paper, no faxes or e-mails. A word, period, thats all.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

How irresponsible??? Shutting down missile attacks would be a great message to send as reaching out. Or we could revert to say lets talk first before thinking about stopping missile strikes.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Do we have any word on when Obama's first Presidential bowel movement happened? I would certainly like to be updated.

You Obamamaniacs are getting downright funny!

These missile attacks aren't "ordered" directly by the President. It is "policy" until its changed.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by CreeWolf]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Do we have any word on when Obama's first Presidential bowel movement happened? I would certainly like to be updated.

You Obamamaniacs are getting downright funny!

These missile attacks aren't "ordered" directly by the President. It is "policy" until its changed.

Oh yeah, it made sense when the president was a Republican and Bush. Having the same attitude about a democrats is just uncouth!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

OMG! the military is attacking sovereign countries we aren't at war with without the approval of the president!!!!!

Get real.....

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Obama's speech on Pakistan and his policy towards that country
Watch the video time at :33

This is Obama's policy towards Pakistan.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

Ok, so we are at war with Pakistan? The headline makes it sound like Obama went in HIMSELF strapped to a Predator drone and personally started flinging bombs at Pakistan. If this was Bush still, the headline would have read "Imperialistic Bush Orders Illegal Missile Strikes against Sovereign Arab Nation".

The media and these "Heroic Obama" posts/articles/stories have been nauseating for a long time. Can I still have my own opinion?

YES WE CAN!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by MischeviousElf

I read your thread and posted exactly what I did here.

The HEADLINE you used is a blatant lie.

There is NO PROOF President Obama ordered and/or authorized this strike.

Read your own links.

All they say is it's the first strike since the inauguration.

PERIOD.

They can't even prove (at this point) if the planes were USA or not.

peace

Excuse me.

But if obama was president when the strikes were launched, then he was also the commander-in-chief, which means he de facto authorized the missile strikes.

These obamaphiles need to get a grip sometimes and stop trying to defend everything the man does. Some of it is and will be wrong - unless you all truly believe the hype about obama actually being a "messiah".

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Even though I wasn't an Obama supporter, that he is making good on his campaign promises to continue the war on terrorism, I am glad. Obama has also started working right away on a pull out of Iraq, as he promised. Good to see that he is getting his priorities in order. I hope he continues support for the Kurds, they have been good allies.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

no, I was being sarcastic. Sarcasm I know, is hard to detect on the internet.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
When they prove the plane - drone - whatever - is USA of origin, and, when President Obama tells the American public he authorized the action, then we'll have something to talk about.

Until then it's all BS.

peace

Nononono! Once President Usurper states something, THEN it is all BS! If you don't understand that about politics, then you are either 1) too young to have witnessed the previous election(s) or 2) you are totally oblivious

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Look the ISI has very questionable loyalties and they may be even sheltering Bin laden in some safe house in Pakistan.

While Im no big fan about how Bush and company conducted the war on terror, If you see a target of oppurtunity you should hit it.

Pakistan has shown its unable to controll the borger region.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf

Just watch any news show. When he opens his mouth, that is his latest bowel movement! Hope I helped.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What????? missle strikes??????

I thought he was going to sit down with all these people and talk to them????

W-T-F????

Where's the unity? Where's the brotherhood? Where's the understanding?

Come on Obama....Bring the peace and prosperity you promised everyone!!!!!

Oh No, not another lier in the white house...say it ain't so....

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Times Online - London

Security officials said the strikes, which saw up to five missiles slam into houses in separate villages, killed seven "foreigners" - a term that usually means al-Qaeda - but locals also said that three children lost their lives.

Obama's dropping bombs on peoples homes overseas .. and he's killing CHILDREN. A bunch of you screamed when Bush did this. Any comments?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join