It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Authorises Missile Attack on Pakistan -10 Killed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Sorry that you thought you have some slanderous information and it isn't working out for you.

Has nothing to do with Obama, I can't stand people spreading mis-information.

There is absolutely no proof that this was even related to America, much less Obama.

And it can't be dictated as so until more information is gathered.

For all you know it was a mission ok'ed by Bush that executive orders have not reached yet.

You don't know. And the title given is highly speculative.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Do you live in the real world?

Executive orders that have not been carried out yet, attacking a country you are not at war with with a new President.

As you seem to think that Israel and Pakistan are at war as you just posted here! NIxie nox's post saying this is as Israel and pakistan are at war and The ceasefire has just stopped because of the "Timeline" ????

And furthermore a Ceasefire was called between Israel and Pakistan for the Innaguration, well that really really says it all?

I think we can call all of your posts on this subject not just speculative but very very indicative of your ability to rationally understand never mind comment on this!

Elf

[edit on 23-1-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by jibeho

For all you know it was a mission ok'ed by Bush that executive orders have not reached yet.

You don't know. And the title given is highly speculative.

Suffer from BDS much? I suppose the carrier pigeons made a wrong turn when leaving the White House on Monday.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I strongly suggest that people read this article.

Obama on Pakistan and Afghanistan

Obama has never said the he is going to stop fighting in Afghanistan or Pakistan.

Read his positions.... Don't just assume that you know what he is planning.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think its prudent at this point, to inject a little bit of common sense here and point out that the President doesn't authorise every single firing of every single missile by US forces.

The commanders in theatre do that, to the mandate set to them by the politicians.

So while this action may have taken place on of Obama's presidency, its entirely possible that the mandate for the attacks comes from orders and a mission plan given prior to his inauguration.

Of course, he may have authorised the attack personally, but somehow I doubt it.

He has made the Afghanistan theatre one of his priorities however, so I fail to see why this would come as a suprise to anyone.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I beg to differ...

In a case were we have a Congressional Declaration of War, then yes, the President does not authorize each and every missile strike.

BUT, we have no such case when it comes to Pakistan, a sovereign country.

For ANY ATTACK to happen without a congressional declaration of war, then IT MUST come from the President.

Red Phone rings, President picks up: Yes?
Other end: Sir we have confirmed Taliban targets in Pakistan, right near the border, do we have your approval to proceed?
President: Yes, try to limit collateral damages
Other end: As always Sir.
Click

If it DID NOT happen this way, then we have ROGUE military commanders.

We are not at war with Pakistan.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Of course not, but Pakistan is not Afghanistan or Iraq. No state of war, declared or otherwise, exists between the US and this country. While its possible that there is a standing order that allows field commanders to execute strikes within Pakistani territory if certain conditions are met, (afterall, this isn't the first time this has happened) I'm still skeptical and I would consider it irresponsible in the extreme if it does exist.

Its an unusual situation that you can bomb an 'allied' country, and its one that requires the utmost care and caution regarding the use of force. I would think that this is the type of situation that the President would want to micromanage himself and not allow for the possibility of a mistake by a field commander.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by vor78]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Will you come back on when it is found out to be real and say you were wrong if infact it is true?

True or not is not the issue.

The issue is, the OP *re-wrote* the article in posting here to state President Obama authorized the strikes.
This is not only misleading, but a blatant falsehood.

I also stated, more than once, but will repeat myself for your benefit:

When facts surface from a reliable source (a press release from the White House) that President Obama did in fact order and/or authorize the strike - Then we'll have something to talk about.

Until then it's all surmising and the whole basis of the thread is - as was so poetically and correctly stated by another poster - jading the news.

Call me naive but I’d rather talk facts than fiction.

PEACE

[edit on 23-1-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

UH OH

we aren't are we, and gibbs refusing to talk about it, seems strange,

Did you hear about china?

[edit on 013131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yes, there is no way The president had any knowledge of a missile strike in Pakistan. There also is no way he would have to authorize a missile launch into a country we are not at war with. In fact he doesn't have to authorize anything, it was Private fricken Pile that authorized it, and Johnny Rico is the guy that fired it. They did this on their own, they did not call HQ, nor did they care to explain away the fact that the arms inventory would now be a few missiles short. What the hell, it's only a few missiles right? No one is gonna notice.

Obama was at home, playing Halo 3, and chatting with his freinds on his blackberry, there is no way he could have known. The poor guy is getting blamed for something he couldn't have known about.....

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yep
Mr Obama gets credit for all of the warm fuzzies.
Somebody else gets the blame for anything that anybody might not like.
It was so much easier when Bush was here for everybody to hate.
They still want to hate somebody but not Obama.
Quite the pickle.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by redhatty
For ANY ATTACK to happen without a congressional declaration of war, then IT MUST come from the President.

You are misguided.

Operation Enduring Freedom is a Military Operation Authorised by Congress, as you can see here

Declaration of War by the United States

It is an ongoing operation.

In fact the US has only declared "war" five times in its history, as is shown on that page.

The President is not omnipotent. This is the real world, not a Tom Clancy/Dale Brown book. He's not on tap 24/7 for direct communication by field commanders. Thats why he has military staff, a Secretary of Defense and theatre commanders. he would certainly be made aware of a major military engagement or happening during his daily security briefing, but he does not authorise the firing of every missile.

Decisions on target engagements are made by theatre commanders following mission guidelines and the Rules of Engagement given to them, and if a target presents itself via intelligence or sheer luck, they may have been pre-authorised to engage it.

If that had been Bin Laden, would you rather he was removed, or given the chance to escape buring the 10/15 mins it would have taken to ask for Presedential authorisation?

Obama may have known about it in advance, or he may not. He will most certainly have been briefed on it afterwards though.

BUT, after this event, if it happens again, then it will have been undertaken with his tacit approval.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

You just don't get it do you?
Keep trying, you might some day.

*yawn*

peace

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm a combat veteran of the US Army. One of us certainly gets it, it's definitely not you.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by aravoth]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Let's take a look at some campaign rhetoric:

"I understand that President Musharraf has his own challenges," Obama said last Wednesday , "but let me make this clear. There are terrorists holed up in those mountains who murdered 3,000 Americans. They are plotting to strike again. It was a terrible mistake to fail to act when we had a chance to take out an al Qaeda leadership meeting in 2005. If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf will not act, we will."

ABC News

There is no surprise here. He said he would do it and he did it.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Times Online - London

Security officials said the strikes, which saw up to five missiles slam into houses in separate villages, killed seven "foreigners" - a term that usually means al-Qaeda - but locals also said that three children lost their lives.

Okay lefties ... Obama's dropping bombs on peoples homes overseas .. and he's killing CHILDREN. Ya'll screamed when Bush did this.

Any comments?

Lug

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Has Obama signed any executive order ceasing the bombing of those areas in Pakistan which border Afghanistan and are a regular conduit for Taliban equipment and fighters?

I don't think so.

The war in Afghanistan is to continue and American involvement is going to escalate as far as I've heard from Obama's speeches. That means the bombs are going to fall just like they did under Bush 43's watch.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

When facts surface from a reliable source (a press release from the White House) that President Obama did in fact order and/or authorize the strike - Then we'll have something to talk about.
Call me naive

You do realize how scary a picture that is that we supposedly have Generals out there firing these things without his knowledge?

Yeah naive fits.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The truth is he probably just did my killing the guys Bush left out there alive so he could have an excuse for continuing the war on terrorism and then after they were hit He then and only then signed the end of war on terrorism.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
To think that one good guy will stop all the wars made by US is wrong I think. Within the capitalist system the relations of business-army-politics-economics are strictly interwieved. For example, the only hope for US economy to survive now is more War, because it is based on the hegemonial war economy. What Obama should do is to change the economical system from feet to head, but then unfortunatly he would be shot

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join