It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Authorises Missile Attack on Pakistan -10 Killed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Which only goes to prove both these posts are false and misleading.

If President Obama would have Authorized the strikes he’d be the first one to tell the US about it!

Now that is naive!
You obviously don’t know how the executive office is ran. He would come out after the Bomb damage assessment is made then give us a full and complete briefing in the news.
If he chooses to do so.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

My being naive or not has nothing to do with the fact that nowhere in any article the OP referenced is there any statement this strike was authorized by President Obama.

To say so with NO PROOF is conjecture and propaganda.

Those are FACTS.

PEACE

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Now now, guys, Obama is the commander and chief now, the buck stops there.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

My being naive or not has nothing to do with the fact that nowhere in any article the OP referenced is there any statement this strike was authorized by President Obama.

Those are FACTS.

PEACE

Will you come back on when it is found out to be real and say you were wrong if infact it is true?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Now now, guys, Obama is the commander and chief now, the buck stops there.

And when they prove the plane - drone - whatever is USA of origin, and, when President Obama tells the American public he authorized the action, then we'll have something to talk about.

Until then it's all BS.

peace

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

is there any statement this strike was authorized by President Obama.

IF IF IF there is a missile strike then the president HAS to approve it.

Those are FACTS.

Uh .. no. To say anything other than the truth - that the POTUS has to authorize these things - is IGNORANCE. THOSE are the facts.

UPDATE - None of the MSM TV networks have this on. I just checked.
The websites are devoid of the info as well.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

If President Obama would have Authorized the strikes he’d be the first one to tell the US about it!

Wrong again.
and this time you are wrong in bold letters!

The POTUS does NOT come on TV and explain each and every time he orders a military strike of this nature. He doesn't have to. He's not your personal messenger-boy. He's rather busy running the country.

Obama is no different then any other POTUS in this manner.

And you might as well toss aside everything you heard on the campaign trail. I'm sure Obama has already tossed that all aside as well - now that REALITY is has bit him in the butt.

[edit on 1/23/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I didn't say nor do I expect him to come on television and tell us thus and so, but a news release from the White House is not all that uncommon or unreasonable now is it?

Until then, it's all BS.

Like I said, AFTER (if there ever is an after) the White House releases President Obama did in FACT authorize this strike, THEN we'll have something to talk about based on FACT.

peace

[edit on 23-1-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Like I said, AFTER (if there ever is an after) the White House releases President Obama did in FACT authorize this strike, THEN we'll have something to talk about based on FACT.

Troll is hungry today?

Well then as you are sure this in fact not an American Attack on Pakistan, even though a multitude of pan continent news reports say it is so, that infact a missile has been fired into pakistan, has landed. people have been killed even mentioning the House and name of the owner as I have sourced, would you like to tell us who YOU propose did fire it?

That would be the biggest thread on ATS for a long time if someone else has fired into Pakistan so why dont you allude us to the FACTS you have because here are some facts below not BS

A missile has been fired into Pakistan.

Eyewitness reports are being reported.

At least 7 have been confirmed to be dead so far, that is Bodies, as its breaking and reports say up to 10 we can say 7 is a definate.

so these are some facts. please allow us to play this game with you then?

If you would be soo kind to come down to our level and play the BS game as you call it, who fired this missile?

China?

India?

The Islamic Terrorists themselves as a Psy Ops?

If it was the US, we know for a FACT Obama must have authorised it unless it is a rogue US commander like Dr Strangelove style?

Get a thread going I am very interested in your Facts and version of reality.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Pakistan drone attack kills nine

A suspected US drone missile attack has killed nine people in north-western Pakistan, local witnesses say.

At least one missile hit a house in a village near the town of Mirali in North Waziristan, a stronghold of al-Qaeda and Taleban militants.

A second suspected drone attack has now been reported in South Waziristan but there is no word on casualties.

Pakistan has long argued that such strikes are counter-productive and are a violation of its sovereignty.

These are the first drone attacks since Barack Obama was inaugurated as US president on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, two security personnel were killed when a suicide bomber rammed his vehicle into a military checkpoint in the Fizzagat area of the Swat Valley in north-western Pakistan.

Swat plays host to frequent battles between the Pakistani army and Islamic militants trying to enforce a strict form of Islamic law set down by Mullah Fazlullah, a radical cleric.

'Militants killed'

The first drone attack struck a house owned by a man called Khalil Khan in the village of Zeerakai at 1700 local time.

Four Arab militants were killed in the strikes, officials said. Their identities were not immediately clear but officials said one was a senior al-Qaeda operative.

The second attack was on the house of a Taleban commander about 10km from the town of Wanna, local reports said.

There have been more than 20 attacks carried out from drones on targets in north-western Pakistan in recent months, sparking protests from Pakistan's government against US policy in the region.

On Thursday, President Obama appointed Richard Holbrooke as special envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan, having promised that his administration would continue to tackle the threats posed by extremists in both countries.

Earlier on Friday, a roadside bomb exploded on the outskirts of Mingora town as a security patrol was passing.

Eyewitnesses said the security forces opened fire and killed three passers-by, but the security forces denied being responsible for the deaths.

Well now we have the truth plain as day and in our faces.
Again I just don’t understand why people get so mad when the President whether Republican or Democrat makes an executive decision based on daily briefings on subjects that we the average Joe has no clue about.
The man is the Commander and Chief and he acted on that information. It simply doesn’t matter what he said during the election.
I’m sorry people got their feelings hurt when the man was elected to the highest office in the land and does his job that he was hired for. I didn’t vote for the man and I don’t see a problem with this action. I say he got briefed on this situation and made the call. This doesn’t lower nor raise my opinion of him either way.

If anything I bet he made this call and probably killed some key people before he signed the end of the war on terrorism. Cleaned up the known people out there that Bush never touched to keep the war going and to be able say we haven’t found them yet.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

So now demanding FACTS and DENYING conjecture is being a troll?

Well then show me a bridge and I’ll go climb under it.

Show me facts, and proof, not your hype and we’ll have something to talk about.

Until then - it’s all BS.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
not really all that sure whether or not this is a "worthy" link or source of news - www.thenews.com.pk... - but it is a link claiming it was an American drone......

........ if dig around at this site and read about other actions going on, especially those in the tribal bordering regions in Afghanistan you gotta wonder if Obama is turning up the heat in this region - as it should be - to begin the process of rooting out terror.....if so......God Bless him........primarily because it should have been done seven or eight years ago....

eh?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
AP is now stating a SECOND missile attack has taken place though this is unconfirmed for some posters

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (AP) — Intelligence officials are reporting a second suspected U.S. missile attack on the Pakistan side of the Afghan border.

AP

Well Well Well I wonder is this a bit of shock and Awe?

Very worrying if this is confirmed and accepted like the first one seems to be.

Please note the source Intelligence Officials in Pakistan Islamabad!

Hope that is OK to post something on a alternative News Source that Associated press runs?

If some find this not factual enough they hear from the horses mouth maybe they should look at history forums?

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 23-1-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

So now demanding FACTS and DENYING conjecture is being a troll?

No. But being told the FACTS and having you still deny them ....

FACT - A military strike like this can not be done without the approval of the POTUS. If it was done - then Obama definately approved it.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I don't believe *any* source will attribute the attacks directly to Obama, however he is the Commander-in-Chief and ultimately responsible for the actions of our military.

I am not saying the attacks were right or wrong, I am just saying that it's naive to believe they weren't US strikes and that Obama didn't know about/authorize them.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Where did everybody go?
Is this an example of

You Cant Handle The Truth?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Flyer well maybe he is on to something? as Dr Strangelove lol?

Or everyone has really really underestimated Obama,

I don't think I ever read about bush firing into Pakistan twice in one day?

Very Very scarey IMHO and if I was a member of the services in Iraq I would be absolutely terrified at the prospect of maybe "Liberating" another region/Country from scratch again, when they shipped of to the Afghan Border area.

Elf

[edit on 23-1-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Let the rockets fly!!!!

Obama's far left fanatics need a dose of reality!!

The president is as the president does. Just part of the job.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This title is misleading and I think the Mods need to change it. There is no indication that Obama approved anything.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
This title is misleading and I think the Mods need to change it. There is no indication that Obama approved anything.

Do you really think that these missiles were fired without his authority??

Denial.

Sorry, but Obama is just doing his job. Sorry to tarnish his shiny silver suit of armor for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join