It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dangerous Mythology Of American Hope

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I do not have hope or fear in regards to politicians rather the things that will come will do so regardless of me. I see no real difference between Republicans and Democrats because if there were the people would come first.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I hope for the end of secrecy-based government(s); therefore the world as we know it. I hope Saturday Night Live gets better writers or writing. "I hope my leg don't break walking on the moon."

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightworth

Haha. Okay we get the point, Hope aint changin $hit.

Ive loved the back and forth exchange, especially your inputs 2 Cents.

Nice Thread.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I would totally have to agree....

One of the largest problems in America is everyone "hoping" things will change...

The sad part of course is that the only people capable of sparking that change are the ones sitting around waiting...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reading the OP, Im drowning in 50 cent words.
Your trying to hard to look smart.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I'm new to this site and i'm yet to see the opinion that aint nothin gonna change till the women of this world get pissed off. because if it aint money that makes "the world go round" then it has to be pussy. am i rite?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
After the US dollar stabilizes due to the rush of other nations to purchase our currency, the Chinese will get much pressure from the US Treasury (though influenced by the 'Fed') to float their currency on the exchange, or make a market for their currency of which has been manipulated by the Chinese govt. to be worth less in order to increase exports and a trade advantage. The Chinese will retaliate by refusing to purchase US bonds of which pay the interest of the outstanding national debt.

The Islamic gold backed dinar will make its introduction into the worlds marketplace competing with non-gold backed currency of which will be at a disadvantage in the currency markets. This is one the primary reasons for the wars in Arabic countries, competition with the International Bankster run Fed. Reserve and 'Central' Banks of the world.

Regardless of the introduction of the Gold-backed Dinar, the dollar will eventually take a hit for 60% of it's value thus making the 'holders' of all US Depository receipts and dollar backed wealth instantly 60% poorer than they were before the currency's 'correction'. This was necessary to balance the trade deficit with the Chinese and other countries? Those at the top the ladder introduce their one world currency option as a solution for the currency failings around the world. They add a whole lot of security to watch the 'Empire'. This is when things start to change for the 'worse'. Got ammo? Part 3 later.

But I could be wrong?

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
“Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged people who have kept trying when there seemed to be no hope at all” (Dale Carnegie). When I was a kid I had an accident, I was hospitalized for quite some time and to make the story short let’s just say that I was rendered useless. Optimism appeared to be futile, but it also gave me the reason to fight. Today, I’m thankful that I’m still alive. I turned out ok and I continued to live my life even if the front pages always contain bad news. Those people who lack a limb or two cannot utilize their potential to the fullest, but even in their condition, some of them actually accomplished more compared to those “normal people” who makes fun of them. Where do you think Cancer patients who cheat death on a daily basis draw their will to survive? Yeah you guessed it right. Our newly elected president made history, having the highest seat of power in the United States of America while having a skin color other than white is already a great feat. But even that is irrelevant for those who see with eyes unclouded by prejudice. I’m a musician, for me the accompaniment of violins and violas in an orchestrated piece can enrich the flavor of the composition. Accenting a single note can alter the mood of the entire piece and syncopation can hurl the melodic dynamics into an agitated flux. Simply put, these musical modifications can make the “same old familiar music” into an entirely different piece of art! And now we have reached the cadence of the previous administration, why don’t we sit back and relax while we listen to the next set of sonatas and toccatas. At least finish the concerto before we shout boo at the conductor who is just about to wave his baton. As a musician, I accept constructive criticism from seasoned virtuosos because their input can help me grow. What I can’t accept are those big talkers who don’t even know how to hold a guitar judge other people’s music. Those people who flamboyantly teaches you on how you should play your instrument because he simply can’t “dig” your style. Those people who doesn’t have the discipline of a struggling artist (who practice 8 hours a day to perfect his craft) but they mock other peoples music because their skin color is different or because they came from a third world country. So why don’t we give it a chance people? I believe that one of our greatest problems is that we don’t have a real sense of history. We don’t learn from our errors. We cling too much on our past glories but we start pointing fingers when things turn bad. We hide our own failure to contribute for the common good behind another man’s mistake. We can’t deny that there are wolves around us who are in sheep’s clothing. They feed on our weaknesses, Peddling false dreams and promises that eventually exhaust our conviction to believe in something. Seriously people, do you think our lives are absolutely dependent on The President and his government? Or do you think that we have a choice to improve our quality of life? I don’t mean disrespect people, but if you know what’s best, stop ranting here coz it will not solve anything and go run for president. Maybe adopt a couple of Ethiopian orphans and feed another several hundreds of them while you’re at it. Invent some machine that can obliterate trash in an instant to prevent future garbage avalanche catastrophe or whatever. Just do something and show us how to do it. Lead and we will follow! If we want to bring change why don’t we start off small? Be the change that we want to see in others (Gandhi). Kiss your mom, buy things that you only need, pick up trash even if it’s not yours and have a little faith in humanity. There are things that cannot be explained by logic or science, but faith can move even the most impossible. Call it fate, coincidence, destiny or whatsoever but things move when we believe. And when we deeply believe, the whole universe will conspire with us to make it happen

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Sure, lead and the people will follow...only if you tickle their ears with what they want to hear, as long as what you say requires absolutely no effort on their part, and, of course, they get something out of it. 'Hope' in the definition that the original thread was started for, refers to the millions who are disillusioned with actually having to work for a living (gee what a damn concept), and who are tired of things being the same. (Read: I want a handout.)
Obama was elected because he was new, fresh, different, and unheard of...and that's exactly why he needs to be feared. All great tyrants initially espoused the gospel of 'hope' and positive 'change'. Maybe if we read more of history and less of celebrity tabloids, this country might actually learn something.
Who knows, he might be great, he might dismantle the power of the Federal government, return us to the limited non-centralized form of government we had before the Civil War, abolish the un-constitutional tax codes, withdraw us from foreign treaties that only ensure endless military 'police actions', stop throwing away OUR money at foreign countries when our own cities are hiding the homeless from the cameras, and maybe, he'll withdraw us from the UN and abolish the Federal Reserve...wait a tic, had to duck from the squadron of pigs that just flew overhead and avoid the pile of crap from the pink elephants stomping around.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Godfinder

Interesting post. I should included the positive result at the end. The world's a much better place in the end. It was all the 'troubles' in between I failed to mention. An 'enlightened' population will demand a 'just' society in the end. Selfishness and Greed will be seen as foolish behavior by a less evolved entity all together.

If the founders of this great country were to witness what has become of it, would they hold their head down low in despair or raise their fist in objection? Most have settled for both. Would the founders 'know' where they were? Most likely they would be 'arrested' for violating the law of 'another'. The rest only watch television and are distracted by their false view of themselves in a false society.

There are ways to restore a true Republic here in the US thus inspiring the same in other countries though this would require the following:

Courage and the will to work together to solve the problems. Abolish political "Parties" altogether. The world is discovering they are owned and operated by the same fellows at the top. Divide and Conquer in perpetual motion.

Truly examine why and how they took 'place' in the first place.

Make much stiffer penalties for open acts of treason, espionage and fraud. If one is to desire freedom and jurisprudence in society, it's leaders must be truely 'checked' and 'balanced'.

NO agency is 'above' the word AUDIT!

Take Antitrust to purpose. Monopoly, Oligopoly are not 'natural' forces in 'natural' economics. Competition is.

No more outsourcing the manufacture/authorship and management (eye of apex) our intelligence software to foreign countries to spy on our intelligence matrix for their 'own' ends. Why were those who made a fortune shorting the stock market just prior to 9/11 not brought up on charges? What happened to the 9/11 investigation? Were it's 'investigators' on the side of the 'people'?

Dissolve the Fed and bring back a gold/silver backed currency for the 'interim' to something much greater. A one world govt. of 'conscience' of ourselves and our actions unto ourselves and that of our neighbor? Human Evolution exponential is all the rage though where does it end? 'Individualism' and 'Sovereignty' revisited?

Are we to let the 'divine' forces decide who is to live and who is to perish? Are we 'collectively' to SUFFER the consequences if we choose to act 'otherwise'? Are we to listen to the divine within us to know what is right and what is wrong? Do we live unto our Sapience as our intellect requires for direction and purpose to oneself as well as unto the other?

Allow competition within the banking industry to loan our Treasury in time of special need; in place of the monopolistic Fed. of which is controlled by the NWO crowd.

Expand the Freedom of Information act and establish an opaque or transparent, accountable and open govt. This is a govt. elected by the people to run FOR the people, not a clique of greedy, selfish people at the top who enjoy looking down while getting their egos and Codices checked by the independent minded minority.

No more 'secret' agendas without the knowledge of the public at large. Secrecy of purpose is unnecessary in a free society unless a govt. has something to hide. Secrets are necessary in the field of battle though a 'foreign' purpose (both of the mind and of land) to is not acceptable in 'any' society.

Campaign finance reform, more oversight from 'independent' authorities, no more foreign lobby perks to sell out the country and its people, remove the undue influence of Political action committees, pull out and dust off Perot's wonderful charts and review why he saw NAFTA for what it was.

Abolish the 'Statutory' legal system and the overreaching powers of the Dept. of Homeland Security of which compromises the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution. Our country was 'founded' and have fought for these vestiges of a 'true' Republic.

Then ask yourself why a true Patriot never has a chance for making the highest rank in the land? Ron Paul was more popular in the Internet than any nominee. He didn't stand a chance since the bankster owned and operated media networks never gave him the time of day. He was lost in the night without a flashlight to civilization.

No more Representation from those holding and using dual passports to hide their tracks and 'purpose'.

If natural drugs are to be illegal, how can the govts. of the world often be the ringleaders of the drug makers and sellers? Man made drugs often do more harm than good.

Return certain sovereign rights inherent in a 'States' purpose for 'existing' in the first place. What good are 'borders' if they are controlled by a 'greater' power for the purpose of that greater power.

I'll stop here before I tell one of those famous BlogoBoy stories. Hmmm. He has no 'right' to wear spandex in the morning, especially when men are around and the women feel effeminated. Blogo should have kept his banking thoughts to himself eh? They didn't take kindly to the idea.

Stay Ever Vigilant and 'hopeful' though everyone feels betrayed by those whom were put in office, serve one term, get generous pension and free health care for LIFE if they can 'keep their mouth shut'.

Compensate the political types in a fashion which brings about 'results' for the people, not guarantee them a golden parachute for 'staying the course'.....of 'another'.

Much more, though this is a start.

Where is that rice paper? Flick, flame and forage a new paradigm at will.

Did the turtle come out ahead in the end. Did he enjoy life's journey as to the inherent capacity of Free-will of purpose? Why is this so significant in 'our' End? Can one be 'touched' by something greater than one's self? Is one to listen to the message? Must the 'message' be written down before it's accepted as truth? Can truth be deciphered via lingual 'communicators' accurately and effectively resolving the purpose of the task at large? Do human beings have duplicity in meaning in the art of language as is 'practiced' today?

Did the lizard use the tongue to sense or to speak? Did he not find his way in the end? Was it to their purpose? Their offspring brings forth a better adapted variety to the occasion in the collective Book of Life.

Edit to post: edit to Freedom.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

The matrix has someone and it is most definitely not MisterOldSchool. No offense HunkaHunka but your post reminds me of the saying; "Passion Rules Reason". You have a moving "rags to riches" story, yet the pride you feel in your well deserved accomplishments has only served to further embed you in the matrix.

Peace

Great Post OP.. STAR & FLAG.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

[edit on 24-1-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SpecAgentDW

Since you posted after me I will just assume that you’re talking to me even though you didn’t reply on my post directly. But of course I know your pertaining to my post ^_^. Anyway, Mister.old.school said that, “American Hope is narrowly defined by our expectations that our government may finally do "right", is a myth. Pure hope is a powerful motivator and manufactured false hope is a powerful manipulator.” Don’t get me wrong man I understand what he’s trying to say and I get your point. But if I have to sum up the gist of my previous post, I think I’m just trying to back up the idea of pure hope as a powerful motivator. Why? Tyrant or not, some people love him, some people don’t. But one thing’s for sure, right now, HE IS ON THE THRONE. My point is we really can’t know if Mr. President is peddling “pure hope” or if he’s hiding secret agendas under his sleeves and when we least expect it, he’ll surprise us with a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAM! Like a cheap magic trick that will hit your face before you know it. But instead of keeping our guard up, all I’m trying to say is why don’t we focus on things that we can actually put our hopes on? Things that we have control, such as friends and family. I was just being a little sarcastic on my last post, not necessarily to mister.old.school, but for some of us here that are just trying to “be smart” who talks and talks, but can’t really provide any alternative solution that is immediately available within our own reach as citizens under the Government that we love or hate. I just can’t emphasize enough how I truly believe that change can be attainable if we really want to. And we can start off small like for instance being a responsible parent or segregating our trash, because if you look into the bigger picture the president of the United States of America is just one grain of sand in the entire ocean of stars. I think that’s our problem, we elevate a single grain of sand to the extent that we mold and sees them as gods, not realizing that WE the masses, are in essence equal with this particular grain of sand. We fail to recognize the power within us as individuals as we proudly shout the name of the grain of sand that we adore when we are in total agreement with his cause. But we put all the weight of the blame and shame to his shoulders when hell breaks loose that even HE himself cannot control. So I guess I got a little “out” of the topic but still “related” to what you guys are talking about here. Like I said I got you man I’m not initiating a debate or something, I’m just speaking my mind out. Well to pack it up I guess all I can say is only dead fish swims with the current. Lighten up people. And one more thing brother, do you have a bunker over there? Coz I think I saw some pigs headed this way. Mind if I crash? ^_^

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
OP, Nicely written post and all but I don't get it.

What's wrong with Hope?

I hope you realise by trying to "deny" people's Hope you are only selling Fear.

My message to all is to never stop hoping for the best, then do something about it. What is stopping us isn't too much hope but too much fear -for example the fear of failure stops many trying to actually do something.
Fear only invites survivalism and isolation when Hope brings people together to get things to change.

I am not saying Obama is the answer just because he sells Hope, as many have said he could well be the wolf in sheep's clothes but thats beside the point. Never give up hope or look down on people with hope, may it be blind.

Change will happen when it will happen and it won't come without the drive of Hope.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

Thank you for finding my post interesting. Well I would like to give more emphasis and shed more light regarding your post but unfortunately, I think i dont have anything left more to say. Well said my friend, I agree that there are ways. BUT! only if we recognize that its possible.And I strongly believe that ,oh wait, scratch that let me rephrase, I KNOW that it is possible. We need to usher a new generation of men with a collective purpose and a higher understanding. MEN who thinks about the welfare of other MEN. All we have to do is start from ourselves. start from the smallest unit. your family. Then bit by bit conquer the world. (INspiring others in a good way). So i think when we put pride aside then we can really start evolving. Peace men...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

To me that's not hope in yourself. That's confidence in your capabilities.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Should Natural Law itself as ethos 'unto' binder, and NOT the inverse of 'manuscript' to reason be 'revisited'?

Are their not laws inherent unto humanity itself of which, if compromised, bear witness to obverse of jurisprudence found in the 'waves' of matter itself? Is one's 'mind' matter at all? Did the masses forget to question or were they educated 'by the State' to know any better at all?

It's morning, does it matter?

What was planned FOR you today?

Is this not the problem one encounters when the alarm achieves its purpose for the End of another or rather unto 'the other'?

Jury rests it's case to the will of the 'Individual'.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

That is probably because you and I have a different view on what it takes to live a fulfilling prosperous life. To me it doesn't really matter what country you are in, as long as you have the conviction that you are capable of (and are) creating and living the life as you desire it to be. It does not depend on which politician you vote for, or what they do. The so called "American dream" can be lived in most situations, and does not depend on outside authorities. It depends on your core beliefs and views about life in general. The reason for this is not really appropriate for the general conspiracy forum, but for the PPP forum.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by unknown known

Sorry my spontaneous silliness came off as cynicism. It isn't, though I admit I was a tad grumpy and sleepy (though no other dwarfs). The power of positive thinking, when done right, isn't the quaint cliché the cynics make it out to be. It's really a meditative state that's a conduit to the inevitable point in the future when the dust has settled. It's faith in the inevitable triumph of reason, when cooler heads at last prevail (substantially enough). It's a certain quietness of mind, and it's hard to define it in words.

So, I have to say the title/OP of this thread has to be the saddest ever. Hope is the real spirituality that transcends puny religions and politics-government.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I believe this thread is fast becoming an argument confined within the "Circles of Semantics".

We have all used scenarios and presented arguments based on our own personal and unique definitions and experiences of hope vs. fear.

While thought provoking, I doubt if anyone's real attitudes have been swayed.

Example:
I hope to see the sun rise tomorrow morning.
Will the sun rise in the morning......certainly. Will I see it......perhaps.
Does my "hope" to see it influence whether it will rise or not...no.

Will Obama bring much needed change to our great land? One can only hope.

But hey, what do I know? I have a few holes in my socks and a little dirt under my fingernails. I ain't no fancy scholar.

Thanks for the opportunity for banter. But now I have grass to mow, weeds to whack and neighbors to annoy so early on a Saturday morning. I really hope my mower will start. If it won't, I'll eventually get it running. I always do.

regards...KK

[edit on 24-1-2009 by kinda kurious]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join