It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you know what this is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Just found this surfing and I have no idea what this is. Anyone have any ideas?

link to video

reminds me of the movie rise of the silver surfer

[edit on 23-1-2009 by jwstarry]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Apparently, it's an Ice Circle. Rare, but not unheard of in countries which experience sub-zero temperatures.

Google: Strange Ice Circle

The one search result in the above link has a river in the UK with about a dozen or so of them at the same time.

Strange, but rather fascinating as well.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

thanks for that link, I am researching the mechanics involved. It just seems very abnormal at first glance.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Makes my think of the hoagland "hyperdimensional physics" theories.

Hoagland, along with Thomas E. Bearden, propose a form of physics that they call 'Hyperdimensional Physics'[13], which they claim represents the full implementation of James Clerk Maxwell's equations, instead of the commonly understood versions of these equations as modified by Oliver Heaviside. A tenet of these views holds that vast amounts of energy originating from dimensions we cannot perceive are available at latitudes 19.5° both south and north on the sun and every planet in the solar system. Hoagland points to the colossal volcano, Olympus Mons, on Mars as the supreme example. The center of Olympus Mons is at 18.3°N 227°E.and the massive shield spans 16°N to 20°N, as shown in the photograph. [14] Hyperdimensional physics is not taught in any recognized institution of learning anywhere in the world, and 19.5° energy on planet Earth has not yet been demonstrated.[15]
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I found this explanation for the strange and beautiful ice circles, and it makes sense:

They occur at bends in the river where the accelerating water creates a force called 'rotational shear', which breaks off a chunk of ice and twists it around.

As the disc rotates, it grinds against surrounding ice - smoothing into a perfect circle.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Looks like the size is huge! And does anyone know if there is a highway nearby? Weird background audio

top topics

join