It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the love for Fedor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Come on, I know there are plenty of MMA fans around, but nothing about Fedor Emeilianenko fighting Andrei Arloski this weekend? This could be the MMA fight of the year. Fedor is no doubt the best MMA on the planet, and faces a tough test in Arloski. I have been critical of Arloski in the past. He went through a stretch where it didn't look like he had the killer instinct in him, that he had when he was UFC champ. But his last couple fights he has looked great.

I love Fedor, but his last couple fights have been cream puffs. I think this could be a awesome fight.

Is anyone else stoked for this fight or are you just waiting for the Penn/GSP next weekend? Great time to be a MMA fan.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
dont get me wrong im a massive Fedor fan and have always had a healthy respect for Arlovski but have found that heavy Weight fights are quite generally one dimensional and until Fedor goes to UFC I think he will continue to dominate. Fedor vs Mir or Lesner would be a great fight but even still nothing could possibly come close to the dynamic of a fight between Penn and GSP such a great contrast in styles which is the greatest thing about the lower weight divisions in MMA and why the HW divison will never some close the the light HW or MW marquee fights

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Oh man, a Fedor vs Lesnar fight might be the highest rated PPV event ever!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I am a big mma fan as well, however, a conspiracy website PROBABLY isn't the place to be looking for fighter discussions
A CONSPIRACY AGAINST FEDOR, PERHAPS?!?!? But seriously, I recommend mmanews.com for good fight discussions. (Sorry, I don't know how to create links)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Andrei looked good in the beginning of the match against Fedor. You could see Fedor was actually kind of pressured from Andrei's assaults. I think Arlovski made a mistake by trying to throw that knee at such a long distance. Fedor caught him before he could land his knee. I just hope we can see a rematch of that fight, it just ended way too soon.

Anyway, yeah the GSP vs. Penn 2 is gonna sweet! My money is on GSP with a unanimous decison.

new topics

top topics

join