It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Agents are here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
So I have been on ATS for a bit now and I love it here but there is this concern I have about the so-called agents running around. I have been called one in a few threads because I disagree with the OP desptie what they think is their proof. I have even heard mention of people wishing to ban people who are agents. I call this a witch hunt personally. Who decides the agent status and where does it end? Are we supposed to just agree with whatever someone puts forth? I can don't do...so here is what I think...

Lemme take a trip through the world if the so-called agents weren't around

OP - "I believe the world isn't flat, it's square"

A - "Yes I agree completely"

B - "Yes I also agree and it's run by goats from an underground room in the White House"

C - "Yes I agree as well"

Me - "Uhm, it's been shown that the world is round"

OP - "How dare you attack me"

B - "He's an agent. Ban him"

And I am gone...I am not going to put words in mouths here but I swear this is the impression some are giving off. This is how I think they honestly want it. Like I said in another post...

We are on a forum made to debate and never trust things until we find our truth. We are here to see who is conspiring and what isn't as it seems. To do so requires hypotheses and theories. These ideas MUST be put up to the test and bore to others so they can bleed on them and see if they can disprove or help prove the idea. People around here want to know the truth so they come up with a theory. The problem lies when they want the theory agreed with and not tested. That is what science and theorizing is my friends. You have to be willing to put your experiment out for duplication.

Say a scientist one day thinks they can send an object faster than light. He makes his attempt and succeeds. Are we in the community supposed to just up and say "BAM! He did it!" and that's all? No, because a good scientist will want to assure he is right.

There is nothing wrong with claiming that 9/11 was a hoax or that reptilians exist or that the world is flat. The thing is, there is also nothing wrong with someone debating you that those theories are incorrect. The problem is these posts often come down to bickering and battling and then they move off topic.

Now if a person flat attacks you, then yeah you have the right to call shenanigans.

This is my summation...

If you come here and post something, with or without real proof, and you expect people to simply agree, I think it's wrong.

So if disagreeing with your so-called incredible proof makes me an agent...then so it is

So anyon else with me? Any other agents here?

Signing out for now...

-Agent Kyo

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Ericthered said i was a lizard/ET/Demon hybrid and that i needed to be exterminated - hehe thats even more hardcore than the banhammer! All i did was suggest that he may have misinterpreted his Heavy Metal lyrics!

I quite agree that it gets out of hand, i think some people have yet to understand how the search for truth works - too many people seem to think that you sit and home and make a random guess as to how the universe works then that is your truth and you must defend it. I really enjoy debates that work the other way, people actually learning and incorporating information into their own world view.

I suppose we have to let the bible thumpers off because they're brainwashed into believing they will suffer terribly should they ever doubt the grace of god. Also those paranoid about operation mocking bird do have a point, if i was going to discredit UFOs i would do it by making up wild and stupid stories of my own so as the real stories get lost in a mess of nonsense and if i WAS a lizardman then of course i would hang around on ATS debating nutnuts all day.

Plus the fact that lots of people either because of ego, insanity or whatever else talk nonsense, lie and fabricate the truth so it's impossible to believe everyone on the internet - however that shouldn't make it impossible to have a good, open and honest debate - deal with the facts and the arguments not the person making them and some useful and interesting info might come out.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Don't take my meaning worng, I am not here to bash anyone at all. I disagree with alot of the Christians but I won't realy say they are wrong. I have my truth and they have theirs.

I just think it's bogus that I am an angent for disagreement. That was my whole point

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I agree. I am also an agent for disagreement. I think that the people who are really scary are the ones that talk about politicians as if they are the Christ or the anti christ. I'll say this again, I've said this before-- NO US PRESIDENT will be the Christ or the anti-christ. Until I see Obama walk on water or until I see him reinstate slavery for the entire world... then I'll remain put. Some people like David Icke prefer otherworldly explanations as to why people in politics do crazy things. I however, tend to think them of as even bigger crazies. Not to discredit their arguments. But, I would argue that the influence of ETs on politics here on Earth would be less than what some would think. I guess people have their own opinion no matter how screwed up it may be. But yes, I do see your point... it's silly to discredit people who disagree with you and call them a disinfo agent because they are giving a different opinion than yours. I dislike the people that think that our opinions are wrong because of our so called biases. But... I see what you're saying. And yes, Christians tend to annoy me also at times.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Eh, trolls will be trolls...

If you let it get to you, they win.

You know what you are or are not. Just because someone has a differing idea.. does not a boogie man make them.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Okay guys lizards or no lizards????? That is the question? I am Christian... Yes... I just discovered this paper in doing research on the Montauk project and well it is a little disturbing... True or untrue and ties in with the NWO. Lots of info.... Please read all the logs, there are many... Than give me your thoughts...Fact or Fiction???

www.scribd.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well, until the mods start putting us into categories with 'AGENT' stamped across our avatars, we are probably good to go.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I had a guy label me an agent after I stubled through like 2nd or so post. I think it's because of assumptions and the subpar level of communication the internet brings, unless your webcam's on. Good to see it pissed another person off too, as it's very insulting.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Open and inquisitive discovery and discussion is what brought me to ATS. I love the fact that you can ask a "stupid" question and have it discussed politely and seriously.

Things that we may think about but don't dare whisper a word of to our colleagues, friends or family for fear of ridicule can be discussed and debated on ATS with impunity.

That said, I have to agree that trolls and ill-mannered know-it-alls irk me immensely. I chalk it up to lack of character and the anonimity of the internet.

If someone attacks me and I feel it is due to inability to properly express my reply then I will clarify for the sake of clarification so that the discussion can continue without misunderstanding. If I feel they're just being an argumentative, narcissistic troll then I don't reply to them any more.

S.O. just sent out a notice about civility and decorum on the board so, hopefully, that will slow down the trolls for a while and the rest of us can have intelligent discussions about matters near and dear to our hearts.

ATS is a great place but not everyone in it is great. It's up to everyone to rise above the petty bickering and the ridiculous, inexplicable NEED to "be right" on an anonymous internet discussion board.

There are precious few posters whose opinions I value enough to care what they think of me or my ideas. If the discussion gets ugly, I move on. If people quit responding to the trolls THEY'LL move on.

Btw, Natureboy, thank you for letting us brain-washed Christians off the hook. Very generous of you. And thank you for providing an example of my point.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Oh I freely admit to letting them get to me once in a while. Typically I fail to let them effect me in anyway...oh wel...that's life I suppose

Agent Kyo Out!

-Kyo

top topics

join