It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the woman buried beside Galileo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
www.smh.com.au...

WHEN he was buried - at the insistence of the Catholic Church in unconsecrated ground - Galileo Galilei left behind at least two conundrums: how could a man with impaired eyesight have made the observations that revolutionised astronomy; and did his faulty vision alter what he saw and recorded?

When his body was moved to the Basilica of Santa Croce in Florence, some 100 years later on the initiative of local freemasons, it gave rise to a third riddle: who was the woman found buried alongside him?

I know there is already a thread about the DNA tests on his impaired eyesight, but this is about the woman they found buried next to Galileo when they moved his body 100 years after his original burial. Who is she?

The young woman whose body was found alongside his is thought to be that of his eldest daughter, Virginia, who became a nun and died at the age of 33. But the theory lacks proof.

To obtain it would cost "some hundreds of thousands of euros", said Mr Galluzzi, who is hoping to raise the funding before the end of 2009, which the UN has declared International Year of Astronomy to mark the 400th anniversary of Galileo's observations.

If it is not his daughter then who is it? Fire away with any suggestions!

[edit on 23/1/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I don't know who it is but i can hear a tide of feminazi's swarming to declare she's the woman who really did all his research - just like they do about every other famous person in history.

That wasn't why i wanted to respond though, just a little note to add - notice how the Masons did the good thing and the church did the bad thing AGAIN. It seems the Masons respected his search for truth and the great gifts he gave humanity while the church wanted him forgotten about - it really does lend credence to the theory the the Masons secret agenda is to set humanity free from the lies and control imposed by the church.

Oh and it doesn't matter who she is, she's a dead chick - so what? It's not going to change the facts G. gave us or add anything else worthwhile to his memory - leave the poor guy to sleep, if you really want to uncover his truth then look at the stars!

new topics

join