It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avalon – Gateway to Annwn – Celtic Underworld 'Land of the Dead' believed found.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by coven
reply to post by NatureBoy

"This has been playing on my mind today, since they found Eden"

Do WHAT?

sorry, I've never heard of this happening and would love to see some source information on that.

Read about Edin www.ramsdale.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Quiintus

Howdy Quiintus

Your link is not set out properly

Eden? There are theories as to where it might be/might have been but it just remains an unprovable myth from the bible.

[edit on 26/1/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Quiintus

actually i meant gobekli tepe

www.nothingwavering.org...

hehe they find a new eden all the time

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

Hello NB

Yep they tend to find Eden, JC's burial, the Ark and Atlantis here, there and everywhere.

Like many common myths they attract lots of people who come up with complicated explanations for them. All monuments to human imagination.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
im kind of confused... whats the point of finding this place if you get there when you die?

im assuming that if your find the gateway it will be the same as dieing???

no?

i dont know much about the mythology is why im asking.

can we enter the afterlife and walk back out again???

now that would be an interesting adventure.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

I would like you to consider that it is the Hell hounds that drive the lost to righteousness.

I think it is more a case of the Hell hounds trying to pull the righteous down to hell. Those that are naturally truthful, loving, kind and peaceful do not need to be driven.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Need to add here as said I would only five mins on ats today 00.11 lol,

reply to post by TiM3LoRd

A door, portal whereby like a medium or clairvoyant is a supposed bridge between the Etheral and spiritual worlds, and those of us on the mortal material plane.

This is the same as such but for anyone to use and go to the underworld or spirit world of the Welsh/British/Celtic mythology and such like and is linked in with Arthur of Excalibar fame.

Maybe also represents not just a door that you enter then perceive that realm but actually physically under there as well.

Could be very interesting as the long history of the world stories on people from underground, or living subterranean lives.

I hope to go there in the spring, and maybe do a bit of a video diary for ATS camp out and maybe go on a mission with some other local ATS ers, will definately be doing a full day dowsing and meditation there too, u2u me if anyone is interested will be after mid march, I am thinking for personal reasons so I feel ok after the summer solstice and on a full moon, the one after.

Takes much planning for me at the moment as someone sort of reliant on my care help... so let me know now.

Will add as promised very soon.

Kind regards,

Elf

PS run if you hear the hounds lol.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I cant send a U2U yet as I haven't posted on here enough.

But I would be very interested in exploring the area with you!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

ahhh thanks for the heads up. never hurts to ask.. unless yur asking for pain..

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Very true lol, a pleasure.

reply to post by db172

Hey check your U2U's problem solved

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by flyattic
reply to post by stumason

Apparently St. Pat was born in a welsh speaking part of scotland oddly
Some info here about him

www.britannia.com...

St Patricks own words say he was born in the region of Carlisle, which could be the same area of Southern Scotland.

As for welsh speaking, well the welsh language itself didn't start to change from Roman-british brythionic into Welsh until sometime around the 8th or 9th century, so I suspect there is some welsh historical revisionism here.

Almost everyone in Brittania in the 4th century would have spoken either Latin, a Brythionic language or both, so it is somewhat of a stretch to claim that he is Welsh.

As stated above, everyone has some ancient British genes in them, to the point were 80% of the population is the same stock as even before the Romans came. The only reason that the "english" speak one language and Welsh speak another is down to the fact that Anglo-Saxon culture didn't spread that far when they invaded, so the Welsh and Cornish kept their distinct Romano-British culture whereas the area's that fell to the Anglo-Saxons developed the "English" culture. We are the same people at the end of the day.
I beleive that St Patrick was actually born in Pembrokeshire before St David........ he then got shipped off or stroll acrossed to Ireland Alan Wilson should be a good reference to detailed documented facts......... www.kingarthursledgend.com

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by serin sister

St Patrick Certainly was Welsh though as the discussion has shown maybe just maybe scottish/northern wales.

BUMP good thread lots of info to add new thread as resource to:

King(s) Arthur Were Real Coverup

Kind Regards

Elf

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join