It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun Facts All Americans Should Know...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This is for anyone out there that believes the "War on Terror" is legit...

Deaths by Terrorism on 9/11 - ~3000
I hesitate even mentioning this because of the great possibility this was a false flag operation to spark the war on terror

Deaths WORLDWIDE by Terrorism in 2003 - 625 www.washingtonpost.com...

Deaths WORLDWIDE by Terrorism in 2004 - 1709 www.msnbc.msn.com...

Deaths of US Citizens by Terrorism in 2005 - 56 www.state.gov...

Deaths DUE TO OBESITY IN ONE WEEK in the US alone - 5789 www.wrongdiagnosis.com...

BEFORE ANYONE TRIES TO SAY BUSH DID A GOOD JOB ON TERROR SINCE 9/11... you MUST read this article: Terrorism Deaths Increase Since 9/11

The "War on Terror" is a SHAM. An all out SHAM. As I pointed out, OBESITY is a bigger threat to the security of the United States than Terrorism EVER has been. By going to "War on Terror" it has only empowered what little terrorists there are in the world (in relation to world population).

Terrorism has been around since the dawn of time. It is like the War on Drugs in that it could never ever possibly succeed. It is a war against an invisible boogeyman. What about the cover boy of this Forum, Osama Bin Laden aka buddy of Bush Sr?? The same guy/group we helped arm and train?? You are telling me we have the power to make things like Google Earth available to the public, we have the greatest intelligence community in the world, we have the capability to spy on every US citizen... but we can't catch a guy hiding in a cave? HOW CAN ANYONE TRULY BELIEVE THIS IS THE CASE????

We now have things such as the Patriot Act and NSA spying on us... but why? BECAUSE OF THE TERRORISTS OUT TO GET US?! Are you kidding me? We have a Burger King right next to a McDonalds right next to a coffee/donut shop ON EVERY STREET CORNER but it is necessary for us to be spied on and be scared crapless of Arabs who hate our way of life because of the grave danger Terrorism poses? Why does anyone submit to this fear???

Wake up People.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Absolutely, I couldn't agree more.

This wouldn't be a one line post, ever.

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Why does anyone submit to this fear???

They tremble in fear stuffing another handful of fries down their fat sheeple pie-holes then piddle like little girl puppies with their tails just a waggin...
Makes me sick.

And it kills me how many people are posting now how *proud* they are of Bush cause - and get this - he's a "down to earth, just gotta like him, nice kind'a guy".

People re-writing history - actively taking part in re-writing history!

It's sickening!

DENY IGNORANCE

Thanks for your post!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

Crud!! My Fat cells are terrorists!! (Stabs self to remove terrorist fat)
Good post

Mod Edit- Mod Note: One Line / Off Topic Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The War on Terror is suppose to be like the War in Vietnam it is meant to last as long as possible so country's will be forced to ask for more money from the banks with interest.

I always believed The invasion of Iraq was put into place to steal Iraqis oil and for permanent strategic bases to be built against IRAN Syria and other non conforming nations with oil.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

If this is true then the Quad-Stacker Buger from Hungry Jacks would be the weapon of mass destruction Bush was looking for all that time. Im not saying obesity is a good thing, but some people just live to eat and not eat to live...we all have a choice as to what foods we eat and its evident that the majority of Americans (and of coarse Australia) just make the wrong one.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Yeah.

We should just completely give up fighting terrorism around the world because Americans are too fat.

God knows we couldn't possibly leave obesity up to the obese people. Government should have to help control that too. I mean who knows anything about personal responsibility?

It's the governments fault that Americans shove Big Mac's and Whoppers down their throats all day while sitting on the couch watching TV.

That's much more serious than terrorism.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
It's the governments fault that Americans shove Big Mac's and Whoppers down their throats all day while sitting on the couch watching TV.

At what point did anyone in the government hand u a Big mac and hold a gun to your head and force you to eat it??? Like i said above...we all have a choice, just like drinking and smoking...just some of us make the wrong one. I think we all need to learn a little self control and respect before we go blaming the government.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Perhaps I should have been more obvious with my sarcasm.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I don't know about the "legit" part of the "war on terror" - but I will agree up front that not only is obesity killing off a lot of americans, but - car accidents, drugs, gangs, murders, robberies, old age, disease and a slew of others are right up there too.

Your point?

Maybe we should redeploy the 4th ID to take over the McDonald's Corporation and Burger King, because they are going to people's homes and forcing them to..... wait......

LOL

Nevermind.

People are idiots. I can't believe that someone sued - what was it - McDonald's ? - becauase they "didn't know they were going to get fat."

You can't hold the government responsible for what people choose to do in a free society. You have a culture of a lot of fat lazy slobs who sit on their ass at work all day - drive between there and their house, where they sit in their lazy boys and watch tv - the whole time eating wtf they want.... That's not a "Government" issue. That's a "grow the hell up - exercise and eat right" issue.

The war on terror - yeah. Sure, the numbers aren't nearly as high, but I personally don't hold any sympathy for those who ate themselves to death. None. I do hold sympathy for ANY number of people who die due to acts of terror. (Do not respond to that statement with some smart little statement about the US Gov't or Military). You cannot and will not show me the similarities between my Army and Al Qaeda.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Yeah.

We should just completely give up fighting terrorism around the world because Americans are too fat.

God knows we couldn't possibly leave obesity up to the obese people. Government should have to help control that too. I mean who knows anything about personal responsibility?

You're so ignorant.

I posted those FACTS (I guarantee you didn't look at the chart I posted and you might realize what the heck my point was) to make the point that TERRORISM poses not even HALF the threat you believe it does. Terrorism succeeds when we submit to the fear and fear mongering.

And yes, NYK, you can roll your eyes all you want but I just PROVED with factual evidence that OBESITY is a bigger threat and much more serious a problem in the United States than Terrorism EVER has been. RE-READ THE FACTS. More people die in a week from being fat in America than people die in Terrorist attacks IN THE WORLD, IN A YEAR.

You obviously don't grasp the full meaning of everything I said...

I am not saying that the government should start a war on fast food... I WANT YOU TO REALIZE TO THE WAR ON TERROR IS A FRAUD.

If they TRULY wanted to start a war against something that was a threat to your national security, they could clean up the food industry. For one small example. Hell, look up any other big issue in America that our government perpetuates (like pharmaceuticals)... I would almost guarantee that pharmaceuticals kill more people than Terrorism.

The fact remains... OBESITY kills more Americans than Terrorism ever has, ever will. Terrorism is a less a threat to this country than you we are told to believe. This is a fact.

People have touched on it before, it is a war to be maintained...not won. There is no boogeyman. Put down the fries and burger, go for a walk, clear your head, and QUIT WATCHING TV AND BELIEVING EVERYTHING THEY TELL YOU.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

The war on terror - yeah. Sure, the numbers aren't nearly as high, but I personally don't hold any sympathy for those who ate themselves to death. None. I do hold sympathy for ANY number of people who die due to acts of terror. (Do not respond to that statement with some smart little statement about the US Gov't or Military). You cannot and will not show me the similarities between my Army and Al Qaeda.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by mf_luder]

Did you even read the last article I posted? Or did you just blindly post a mindless,. thoughtless, sheeple opinion without chewing over the information I gave you in your head?

Terrorists attacks have GONE UP since we attacked the "boogeyman." That is one sign the War on Terror is a hit. Not to mention terrorists are less of a threat than obesity, fact. Terrorists succeed when you become scared of what they will do to you. In this instance, our own media and government is truly the Terrorists. They invoke fear and hatred in us for something THAT POSES NO GREAT THREAT TO US AT ALL. We are more scared of a dude in a cave, than something that kills ~6000 of Americans every week. Yet you don't care about 6000 American lives being lost? But you DO care about "people in cave" who "hate your way of life" (aka eating all the fast food you want) ?? Wow man... just wow....

Don't mean to offend you, but your Army is nothing more than a fancy chess piece and you are nothing more than a trainable rat perpetuating a false agenda. Bravo to you sir.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Before Bush there were 20 or 30 people bent on destroying America. Now there are hundreds of thousands. This is a plain and simple fact. Protect us he did not.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515

If this is true then the Quad-Stacker Buger from Hungry Jacks would be the weapon of mass destruction Bush was looking for all that time. Im not saying obesity is a good thing, but some people just live to eat and not eat to live...we all have a choice as to what foods we eat and its evident that the majority of Americans (and of coarse Australia) just make the wrong one.

You make an excellent point sir.

We all have the CHOICE to be scared crapless about Terrorism or we can make the CHOICE to inform ourselves, be strong, and worry about our own damn issues.

Western Media wants you to think there is a plot every 30 seconds to kill your children and steal your freedoms by radical Islams when in fact we have big tobacco companies pushing deadly products, pharmaceuticals pushing deadly products, your government stripping rights away in the name of this THREAT of terror, a failing economy tanked by the Fed, and the FDA allowing deadly and unhealthy products to go out.

A dude with a Koran does NOT equal terrorist... YOUR OWN GOVERNMENT DOES. They invoke fear in you...and for the most part, the sheeple have conceded.... Quit laying down for whatever they ask and begin to think for yourself.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by ImaNutter]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Some people here are totally missing the point of this thread.

If you are having trouble understanding the comparison the OP is making, please check out this thread:

Research Comparing Terrorism-Related Deaths to Automobile-Related Deaths

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
When you say to someone smoking a cigarette, "those'll kill you," they might come back with "well, I could get hit by a car tomorrow".

On the other hand, the statistically tiny chance of being a terrorist victim (and that's assuming you believe 9/11 wasn't a false flag op: I do, which means that that probability becomes vanishingly small) is inflated so people run around in fear, accusing anyone who speaks Arabic of being a terrorist, reporting people who criticise Dubya to the authorities, banning a guy with a peace sign on his t-shirt from a mall...

Being afraid of terrorists is far more irrational than, say, stopping smoking, or over-eating.

And of course we have our usual smattering of right wing authoritarians showing up to miss the point as usual.

Check out the link to see why their judgment might be suspect. It's pretty funny.

And even if you don't want to hear anything against your military, they've still killed millions of people in unjustifiable wars.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I most totally agree with everything you said. All wars are for false reasons. They are conflicts cooked up by secret societies for the creation of credit, and interest paid to banks. The whole money system is a sham. Look to the CFR here, and those above them. There is your warmongers. They all dress in fancy suits, and drive expensive cars, and live in mansions. They have a lot of blood on their hands.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Obesity is a sham too, so live long and eat before a famine takes care of you.

Meanwhile, the greater killers:

Number of Deaths Due to Motor Vehicle Accidents per 100,000 Population, 2005

The odds of dying from...

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The "War on Terror" is a SHAM.

Would it still be a sham if terrorists took out 50 or 60,000 people?

At what number would you consider it not a sham?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

The "War on Terror" is a SHAM.

Would it still be a sham if terrorists took out 50 or 60,000 people?

At what number would you consider it not a sham?

I'm not playing this game with ya, Jam. I'm playing the game of reality with facts. The capability of the "terrorists" has been documented. They are killing and harming less people than hamburgers, cars, drunk drivers, etc.

Terrorists main objective is to invoke fear, that by definition is what a terrorist is. By submitting to the fear that disgruntled dudes in caves will somehow be a threat to your life, gives them power, and it also speaks volumes of your own paranoia. By believing every piece of fear mongering propaganda that the media and the government throws at you and supporting a war on a threat that doesn't exist, you are laying down and letting a) terrorists and b) your own government/media walk all over you.

Educate yourself and rise above it. Don't submit to fear mongering. That's all I'm asking. Quit supporting a war on something that has no effect on your life whatsoever.

If you truly cared about your countrymen and their livelihood, start educating people on the importance of good health and vehicular safety. Both of which have had a far greater impact on this country than terrorists ever have, or ever will. Did you ever consider that the world stereotype of Americans being overweight and bullies had some truth to it somewhere in there? Have you ever asked, what's wrong with MY country and not what's wrong with everyone else?

"Every one is forward to complain of the prejudices that mislead other men and parties, as if he were free, and had none of his own. This being objected on all sides, it is agreed that it is a fault and a hindrance to knowledge. What now is the cure? No other but this, that every man should let alone others' prejudices and examine his own."

Semper Fi.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join