It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanking=Terrorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I searched this and didn't find anything. If this topic has already been discussed please just ignore this thread

As the title reads apparently parents that spank their children on an airplane are terrorist. You can find the story here.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I don't think the mother handled the situation correctly but to send her to prison and lose custody of her kids is a bit harsh if you ask me. The story says enough so I will leave it at that lol.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Just stupid, incredibly stupid.

However, I'm intensely fearful of flying. Maybe next time I fly I'll bring charges against the airline for terrorism as their mediocre security and poor maintenance ( as they don't fix anything until it breaks, and it doesn't usually break until it's in the air), then i guess I have a terror claim. Not to mention they don't guarantee my safety.

But truth be told, this sounds like another incident where a mother was punished for punishing her child in a manner that didn't agree with others.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That is the most incrediblly stupid legal ruling I think I've ever seen.

How was what she did an Act of Terrorism? How does disciplining your kids threaten the cabin crew or threaten the safety of the plane?

How on earth can that be properly justified?

The world has always been a crazy place, but stuff like that takes it to a whole new level.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
What a shame...

So many of us have been warning people that this would happen - but they called us crazy, they said we were sympathizers, that we were unpatriotic.

Now all that we have said has come to pass, and we are still crazy, still sympathizers and still unpatriotic - and so it goes.

*This says it all:

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
They're closing Gitmo and just putting razor wire around the country.

More and more of these completely absurd "arrests" will be made and fewer and fewer will end in any sort of logical way. They will start rounding up people who sneeze for bio-terrorism, people who snore for psy-terror, etc...

Everything you do can be interpreted as a criminal act against the country. It's been this way for at least 6 years now. They've been more restrained with the obviously ridiculous claims until recently and now that the flood gates have broken open we're going to see some charges brought against people that so outlandish and ridiculous it'll make our heads explode.

Then, just when we think things cant get any more ridiculous, order will return in the form in the form of all out totalitarianism and we'll welcome it with open arms.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
How crazy is this?

Heck, even if, for no reason at all, she started spanking someone else's kids I wouldn't call it terrorism!

Strange and wrong maybe, but not terrorism.

How anyone could ever become so delusional that they'd perceive something like this as a threat similar to the hijacking of an aircraft, let alone follow through to a prosecution, has to make you wonder what kind of drugs or brainwashing humans are being subjected to.

That was about one comma short of a run-on sentence, but it's all true.
If I didn't hate that barfing smiley so much, I'd put one right here.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

You got it all backwards.

She's been charged and is getting the full force of the law. What she did was wrong and evil and indeed terrorism.

[SNIP]How can the entire system be so wrong as you claim? Short answer, it can't and it's not.

Be thankful you're protected from terrorism. If the terrorists werent rounded up you would lose your freedom.

See how that works?

Mod Note: Posting Conduct… Play The Ball – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
You got it all backwards.

I apologize, thank you for clearing that up.

I just get emotional when my life's in danger like that, I'll go take my meds.

Any in particular you might recommend?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That's so absurd, it isn't even funny.

And what boggles me the most, is the fact that she spent 3 months in jail and then pleaded guilty?! And she may even loose her children?

After three months in jail, Freeman agreed to plead guilty in exchange for being released on probation. A court-appointed attorney told her that a plea deal would be the fastest way to see her children, who had been taken back to Hawaii and put into foster care.

Her probation required her to stay in Oklahoma City, where she grew up, and prohibited her from flying. Meanwhile, legal proceedings in Hawaii have begun to allow the children's foster parents to adopt them.

Freeman has been denied permission to attend custody hearings in Maui over the last six months, court records show.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, there are kids being beaten half to death by their drunk parents, but no-one really has the time to go after these people?!

I'm speechless. What do you call this? Injustice is one of many words that come to mind. For her sake I hope she gets a different lawyer and then sue the Airline for every penny they're worth! Shame on them.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Edit: Speeling

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

The rights violations and abuses in America are becoming downright scary.

Since she was a 'suspected terrorist' she lost all her rights and was basically considered and treated as an 'enemy combatant' - all thanks to the Patriot Act 1 & , along with NSPD-51 and so on an so forth, which allow for anyone charged with terrorism or even suspected of terrorism to be treated in this manner.

As soon as you are charged or suspected of 'terrorism' you lose your rights as an American Citizen. Heck, you lose your rights as a Human being when this happens to you...

This is a dystopian Nightmare. It is disgusting.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
They should sue the government that tries to take away this womans kids.
I consider it government child molesting to take a kid away from its mother on these grounds.

This child can be scared for the rest of its life from a little mistake it made at a very young age.

Welcome to law and order of the new world.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

"They're closing Gitmo and just putting razor wire around the country"

Very well said. This whole closing of Guantanamo is just for show. Look fellow sheeple the government loves you. I think things we will see more of our rights infringed on as the never ending war on "terror" continues.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This thread was also addressed at:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

She should sue the one who made the plea offer. As for anyone else, she will not win. The Judges and Prosecutors and defense Attorney's and Clerks, Intern, and Staff of the Judiciary Branch, are as just as misguided and corrupt, if not more so, than any other Branch, but, rarely does this get argued and addressed, even here on ATS, although it is rotted ripe with conspiracies. I wonder why that is. Maybe, the judiciary is behind all the corruption and are so subtle in their craft that they rarely get addressed. It's always argued about what they do, it's never addressed as to why, or if it makes a difference which way they rule or opine on a case. Is the decision already made?

It's bad enough they write corrupt laws and enforce corrupt laws, but, our defenders of these abuses rarely overturn corrupt laws and actions, and hide behind the age old, well, we're here to discuss this aspect of the case so we won't look at that aspect of the case, tool of deceptive practice.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by PhyberDragon]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
That’s ridiculous!!
Lucky they caught her, i would have been scared of getting spanked next I’m I got on a plane....... then again...maybe not

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PhyberDragon

"She should sue the one who made the plea offer. "

Don't you get it yet?

*Suspected terrorists or persons charged with terrorism have no rights!

"She should sue..." ---She can't 'sue' anyone, she has no rights!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I put this up on another forum and got lambasted. This, to me, is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard. Don't think or do for yourself because you are wrong, only the government knows what is best for us all. Orwell had it so right when he coined the term Ministry of Peace.

If you spanked your child and then had a flight attendant on your butt, would you not respond in a similar way? Who is to tell anyone how to discipline their own children?

This post does not accurately represent my views. I'm so irritated by this I can't really say what I want, my language would become rather nasty and I would get warnings and what not.

new topics

top topics

join