It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media frustration spills into (Obama) briefing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I don't know that this is such a bad thing. The press/media made this guy. They fawned over and treated him with kid gloves ever since he came on the scene - how else could he have gone from a nobody in the state senate to President in such a short time?

He seems to forgotten it was the press that got him where he is today and that if he continues to p*zz them off they can and will turn on him. Maybe that's a good thing. Of course, it will come a little late to help now, but could go a long in in preventing him from serving 8 years.

Oh, wait, I forgot about that election fraud stuff!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thank you for the information TRUE. I just did not know why a second swearing is was nessesary or even normal. I agree that the way he was sworn in the second time was a bit scary. This is the man that will lead our country. So far he has made some good moves but this second swearing in thing and how it was done gives me the creeps.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Oh puhlease...

1. He didn't really have to do the oath over... they just did that to silence critics.
2. The entire day was about stills. Look at all of the other photos of that day. Not one video from him in there. This was just keeping with the same.

I really don't see an issue in this.

I mean, I think the media should ask these questions... because they should have been doing it all along, and now is a time that is as good as any to start.

But it's pretty meaningless.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by inthesticks
I don't know that this is such a bad thing. The press/media made this guy. They fawned over and treated him with kid gloves ever since he came on the scene - how else could he have gone from a nobody in the state senate to President in such a short time?

What?

You really think that is the only way someone can go from the state senate to President in such a short time?

Wow... you must not see the millions of possibilities around you for miracles every day.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I really don't see what all the fuss is about.. This is just part and parcel to his new program of transparency and disclosure. I imagine he'll eventually streamline the Press Corp to just a select few to assure that his words are not misunderstood. I know I've been guilty of misunderstanding him from day one. I've always taken peoples words at face value, but Barack Obama is much too complex of an individual for that.

What Barack says must be properly translated for the true meaning to be revealed. This isn't a job that can be entrusted to just anyone. His words are like the layers of an onion and must be carefully resected back by a person with the skills of a surgeon in the English language. It's really not that hard to see why so many people get what he says and does wrong when you look at it from that perspective..

[edit on 23-1-2009 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Well so much for transparency.

The press WAS allowed to attend the second swearing in, it was print media instead of television companies. Maybe Obama was trying to help out the print media industry? I'm also sure he's also tired of the media being all over him, I mean they obviously love him, I'm sure he's getting slightly annoyed at them wanting to cover everything he does. He dropped his blackberry and it made the news for God's sake.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Please do not tell me that it was a miracle that Obama is in office. That it was divine intervention for God to want to put Barak Hussein Obama, a probable muslim in charge of our country. Maybe I just miss understood what you were saying in the above post. Surely I did misunderstand you. The one that has been in war with the Middle East, who are acting on muslim beliefs. If any thing intervened I highly doubt it was our God Abrahams God. No, only Satan would wish this on our Nation. I so hope I am wrong and that this second swearing in thing and leaving out in God I trust in the oath is not really a big deal. I really, really do hope I am wrong.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Woah - looks like "media" frustrations mount over Obama... again. This time over his stimulus package. Obama Lied, Our Economy Died

If you're under the age of 30, Barack Obama just stole your future [...] he lied about his tax agenda [...] he lied about his transparency [...] blah blah blah.

In truth, there does seem to be some reality to it. Especially since President Obama seems to be against the stock market recently. What's up with that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join