It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and the Lincoln Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm sorry if this was posted up already, but I didnt' see it anywhere. A classmate of mine in my politics class brought up an interesting point when we were discussing President Obama. Now there are no hard sources to prove this, this is just what he said in class. From the quick research I've done though this seems to be possible to me. He stated that the reason President Obama used the Lincoln Bible is that he still practices Muslim, despite denying it. Being a Muslim he can't touch a Holy Bible, but the Lincoln Bible is not considered a Holy Bible despite the words Holy Bible on it. Obama said that he would use it because of all of his inspiration from Lincoln and to recreate the historic moment from the past, but was it really just an excuse to continue to hide the fact that he still practices his Muslim beliefs? This wasn't my idea, just something of a friends that I thought could provide some interesting debate on here.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by drummerman2489
I'm sorry if this was posted up already, but I didnt' see it anywhere. A classmate of mine in my politics class brought up an interesting point when we were discussing President Obama. Now there are no hard sources to prove this, this is just what he said in class. From the quick research I've done though this seems to be possible to me. He stated that the reason President Obama used the Lincoln Bible is that he still practices Muslim, despite denying it. Being a Muslim he can't touch a Holy Bible, but the Lincoln Bible is not considered a Holy Bible despite the words Holy Bible on it. Obama said that he would use it because of all of his inspiration from Lincoln and to recreate the historic moment from the past, but was it really just an excuse to continue to hide the fact that he still practices his Muslim beliefs? This wasn't my idea, just something of a friends that I thought could provide some interesting debate on here.

An interesting question, but speculation either way would just remain speculation because without hard evidence proving Obama is still practicing the Muslim faith or confirmation from him that this was the case, then the truth to your question won't ever be known.

Make no mistake, it's a great conspiracy theory, and if you're interested in pursuing it further I would suggest looking for more links into evidence of Obama practicing the Muslim faith.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Why is the Lincoln Bible not considered a "real" Bible? According to the Library of Congress, which keeps it among its most treasured holdings, it is. Lincoln was a devout Christian.

How does your friend decide what a real Bible is?

Here's a link:

Lincoln Bible

Just Google "Lincoln Bible" and you'll find plenty more.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Sestias]

join