It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama 'will talk to Iran'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Trust is not easily or quickly gained, they do not trust the west, nor the new president, and given the conflict and war particularly in Gaza and Iraq do you blame them?

They are a part of the "axis of evil" right?

8 yeas of threats are not going to be easily talked away.

Obama is not going to gain Iran's trust through talk alone, his actions and words in public in these issues will either make it worse or provide opportunity for peaceful resolution.

Talk is indeed cheap, especially without actions to back it up.

One thing is for sure, the Iran nuclear issues are not going to go away just because President Obama says so.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by theblunttruth
The USA is despised because its become media flavour of the month to feel compassion for terrorists and to support the human rights of those who wish to take ours.

No offence but that is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.
Read over that sentence again and try to realize that the World was sick of US Government interference and corruption long before the recent Israel/Hamas trouble. The only people outside the Middle East that have a problem with these quote, unquote Terrorists, are licking up to the US for whatever personal reasons.

Who's trying to take your human rights?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dracula23
reply to post by The All Seeing I

iran is a country you need to destroy the current goverment and replace it, since its run by crazy muslim fanatics. i hope Obama does not make this mistake

Really what is the difference between a country run by Muslim fanatics, Christian fanatics or Jewish fanatics? This is why we need to promote a separation of church and state. When religion becomes the driver of government, no matter how hidden it may be, it will always come down to us vs them.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dracula23
reply to post by The All Seeing I

iran is a country you need to destroy the current goverment and replace it, since its run by crazy muslim fanatics. i hope Obama does not make this mistake

Isn't this kind of completely retarded action the reason for the instability in the middle east in the first place?

Why would you want to keep meddling in their affairs and causing more and more trouble?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The whole reason Iran HAS a theocracy is because of teh engineered coup d etat by the USA - all the years of torture and murder under the shah and the people had enough.

and wow - name calling , so far this year im a russian liberal muslim facist if i was to believe anything the children put

the iranian president isn`t well likd - notice how all this ` new enemy` crap only started when he was elected? the previos leader was more liberal and the west could talk to him - but vote in a more conservative leader and BAM out comes all the same pointless rhetoric.

the iranian election is later this year btw and i can see a new leader being voted in.

oh and who ever said don`t deal with terrorists? why do people even bother with the USA then

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I keep posting this, and the same people keep not reading it, or ignoring it because it doesn't suit their agenda.

Here's the reason why Iranians aren't too keen on the US and UK. Compared to what we have done, they have shown remarkable restraint.

And that's before we even get into the way western powers decided to carve up the mideast between them in the twenties in order to steal their resources.

And that ties in nicely with British acceptance of the need for a zionist state, which is how the balfour declaration came about, and then the creation by the UK and UN of Israel in the late forties.

It was in wetsern interests to keep the area destabalized - so that's what they did, and have been doing for a long time.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
heres another one:

BP

everyone heard of BP? good

before BP they were known as

British Petroleum Company in 1954

and before that as

Anglo-Iranian Oil Company in 1935 and the forming company was

Anglo-Persian Oil Company in 1908

all set up by Burmah Oil , who bought castrol in 1966 , and it self was bought by BP Amoco in 2000 to become the BP company everyone knows today.

its about oil people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join