It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you, PRESIDENT Bush.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
He did not say "Bring it on" during the attack. He said it four weeks later, when we were about to take it to the enemy. The press asked him if he was worried about foreign terrorists would flock to Afghanistan.

Considering that we lost less than 200 troops in toppling the Taliban, I would say that either his words scared them, or they gave us all they had and fell short. Either way, I see no problem.

You seem very defensive on my response.

We were under a terror threat at the time; right? Now, of course we were all paranoid and thought terrorists were going to come from everywhere; the sewers, in tanks, crop dusters, etc. It was a 'silent' attack I guess you could say. Even still, you do NOT agitate your enemy. Do police do that in a hostage situation and say "come on asshole, you don't have the guts to shoot the people in that bank"? No, because they're already insane.

And yes, foreign fighters HAVE gone to Afghanistan. The Taliban are NOT gone, in fact 2008 was the most deadly year. As a result; Robert Gates and NATO considered having talks with the Taliban. More than 200 have died, and more than that number of civilians have died. You must always keep in mind the civilians if you are to win their hearts and minds and become a hero in their eyes.

I get defensive when people act like they know me. When you said I was upset because of 2000, that's not true at all. Fact is, I supported Bush for most of his first term but he showed too much arrogance, or stupidity, or disregard for my taste. He evn called the Constitution a 'goddamned piece of paper'.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

No, not our new president. YOUR new president. Not mine.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

You remind me of many people who, when a republican is in office, chastise others that "The President should always be treated with Respect because he is the President," but when a democrat is in the office, suddenly you become instant hypocrites and do exactly what you chastised people not to do when your favorite bro was in the office.

You attribute the lack of terror attack on Bush. You could state that Katrina dissuaded the terrorists from attacking and have an equal weight of actual relevancy...

Correlation does not equal causation. For example, I eat cheeseburgers and I have never been attacked by Rabid Wolves. That doesn't mean that Cheeseburgers are wolf-repellant.

Another example, A person buys a new set of underwear and finds success while wearing them. The underwear is not the reason for the success, but you could make the argument that they are.

There is nothing Bush did, demonstrably, that protected the United States. Airport security now is worse than it was before 9/11, there is a bigger illegal immigration and border problem than before 9/11 and generally speaking, we are no more safe in any sense of the word "SAFE".

Why? Because safety is a myth that is only true in perfect isolation in a rubber room without sharp objects.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Darky6K

Check out the thread about the Taliban warning Obama to leave Afghanistan. They sent him the warning from Pakistan. I think that we have had a real and lasting effect on the Taliban.

As for agitating the enemy, it's actually a very effective propaganda tool. The Germans, Japanese, Brits, and Americans engaged in it during WWII. It caused desertions on all sides. It was so effective that after the war, Tokyo Rose (the American one) was arrested and tried for treason.

If the Presidents remarks actually did cause any al-Qaeda members to quit their jobs and run to Afghanistan, then I say great. I would rather that they die on the battlefield than have a sleeper agent in Great Britain, Australlia, or the US. These being some of the countries that the foreign fighters came from. Some of them ended up in Gitmo, I love that fact as well.

If you are worried that the President's words hurt the feelings of the Afghan people. Don't worry, they never heard them. The Taliban controlled all media in Afghanistan at the time.

As for civilian casualties, that happens in all wars. That's not to say that it is OK, but nobody has invented a clean war yet.

Last point, I have never bought into the "winning the hearts and minds" stuff. The US never lost a war, before we adopted that line of reasoning. We have never won one since.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Perhaps if Rice and Bush had listened to the warnings given to them, then 9/11 would never have happened.....this info is there for the public. But then without 9/11 there would never have been a second term. The world was fooled and the American People have been taken advantage of with this administration--sad, but true. Bush/Cheney/Rove/Rice should all be tried for crimes against humanity.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
No, not our new president. YOUR new president. Not mine.

Oh come on jso, even I accept him as my new President, and you know I wanted Ron Paul. In fact, to not accept him is just plain counterproductive. He IS our new President, it's what the majority of the people chose, whether we like it or not. And at the onset, he deserves a chance. Gave Bush the same chance, and well- not to thrilled.

But that doesn't mean I am a Democrat. That doesn't mean I am a Republican. And that certainly doesn't mean that I am not going to scrutinize every move he makes. Because I will. It's going to be wild ride, I can see it coming. He is already changing so many things that are challenging the establishment, I think he is going to piss a lot of people off. Take a gander at the new whitehouse website. Pretty wild.

Point is man, we gotta go with it. Or be miserable.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Bush is one hell of a character, love that guy.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Fri Jan 23 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
Check out the thread about the Taliban warning Obama to leave Afghanistan. They sent him the warning from Pakistan. I think that we have had a real and lasting effect on the Taliban.

Yeah, because they hate us. They want us dead or to leave. 2008 was the deadliest year in Afghanistan, this HAS been confirmed.

Originally posted by lunarminerAs for agitating the enemy, it's actually a very effective propaganda tool. The Germans, Japanese, Brits, and Americans engaged in it during WWII. It caused desertions on all sides. It was so effective that after the war, Tokyo Rose (the American one) was arrested and tried for treason.

There's a difference between fighting and using disinformation to make people leave, and just plain throwing # aroundto sound as though you're a big shot. That can actually backfire on you. Like I said, join the police force and say it to someone who has hostages.

Originally posted by lunarminerIf the Presidents remarks actually did cause any al-Qaeda members to quit their jobs and run to Afghanistan, then I say great. I would rather that they die on the battlefield than have a sleeper agent in Great Britain, Australlia, or the US. These being some of the countries that the foreign fighters came from. Some of them ended up in Gitmo, I love that fact as well.

We've had sleeper cells in the US broken up as well as in the UK. The fact too lies with the Northern Alliance, a gang as bad as the Taliban, was paid for anyone they brought to us and claimed was Taliban. It's like intervening in the Bloods-Crips war and taking a side. You'll be screwed over.

Originally posted by lunarminerIf you are worried that the President's words hurt the feelings of the Afghan people. Don't worry, they never heard them. The Taliban controlled all media in Afghanistan at the time.

As for civilian casualties, that happens in all wars. That's not to say that it is OK, but nobody has invented a clean war yet.

Re-read my words, I only said that about casualties. You only mentioned soldier deaths, but remember the innocents lost too or the entire conflict is for nothing.

Originally posted by lunarminerLast point, I have never bought into the "winning the hearts and minds" stuff. The US never lost a war, before we adopted that line of reasoning. We have never won one since.

Never lost a war? War of 1812, the British came into Washington DC, burned the capital and left on OUR boats. It was so bad, Madison was on the fields with soldiers and John Quincy Adams was sent to help negotiate peace. That sounds like a virtual loss; but the Treaty of Ghent was signed and allowed no one to take any territory. We got our asses kicked.

Vietnam was a #up. Much of Africa, Asia and South America hates us for the odious debt created in the 1970's through the IMF and the World Bank. With the gang war in Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua that we financed and created the death squads, we lost much support in thos nations.

If you have NO support of the oppressed peoples of a dictator, it will be like Nazi Germany; they will see the enemy as a Savior and us as the villains; not liberators. And if you don't learn from history and learn to think of the civilians who you are supposedly freeing, it will repeat itself.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
God I hate extremism. We really need a president who would follow the damn constitution, that's all I ask.

No more false promises, no more extravagant venture projects, just a president who follows the constitution.

I cannot fathom why anyone would support George W. Bush, just for the simple fact that he defecated all over our constitution and civil liberties. Any president that does that is bad news.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This whole thread makes me physically sick to see such utter ignorance glorified and relished in. Blind Patriotism is what this thread is all about.

You are fools.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
If President Bush was such a savior of the American people; why didn't
Palin/McCain run on that platform. In fact they distanced themselves as far away from the President as possible.

Do you think that if McCain/Palin would have run on "4 more years", they would have taken the WH?

See the irony here...Bush was our savior but let's not mention that during the campaign because it might bring attention to the war.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

So you put great thought into what you would do on 9-11 eh.The bombs that you would have dropped had you been President showed thought provoking restraint.I can see why you are/were a BUSHed supporter.

People seem to forget that 9-11 happened during Bush's watch,and because of the way he has handled things since that day,we are more vulnerable than we have ever been as a country.

We have more enemies than allies because Bush simply didn't care.No,it's not a popularity contest,but a man is judged by his character~Bush & Cheneys' "so what" attitude left no room for doubt.They are men without character and moral principles.

Go a. and like the guys,but when TSHTF,Bush&Cheney will be safe,and if asked about you,the people,they will simply say-"hey,SO WHAT"!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

Pretty much. He even made jokes about the WMDs in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
For the love of Pete people will you all just stop your bickering!!!!

I shouldn't even post on this, yet here I am (d'oh)

No amount of talk from a Bush supporter will make a Bush hater like Bush. No amount of talk from a Bush hater will make a Bush supporter hate Bush.

We all have our own OPINIONS of what really happened for the last 8 years and we all have our own TWISTED, SPUN facts of what happened for the last 8 years.

QUIT ARGUING. GET OVER IT. HE IS GONE. IT IS OVER.

Now let's all be the patriotic, great Americans we all think we are and SUPPORT our new President and move on with our lives. Our economy is in the toilet, we're still involved in 2 wars, we have a lot of issues... imagine how freaking awesome this country could be if we put HALF the energy we use in BICKERING WITH EACH OTHER into making the country better. I don't give two rats behinds if you think you're doing peachy making it better this instant, I challenge all of THESE people to think of just ONE MORE thing you can do to make this a better place. Sending hate and hostility back and forth accomplishes nothing.

WE ALL SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY BUT ONE THING WE CAN AGREE ON IS WE WANT TO LIVE IN A GREAT COUNTRY SO TURN YOUR HATE AND ANGER INTO MAKING IT A GREAT COUNTRY.

Jesus fing christ......

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

QUIT ARGUING. GET OVER IT. HE IS GONE. IT IS OVER.

Are you serious..over?

Obviously you didn't listen to Obamas speech.A little snippet;

That we are in the midst of crisis is now well understood. Our nation is at war, against a far-reaching network of violence and hatred. Our economy is badly weakened, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some, but also our collective failure to make hard choices and prepare the nation for a new age. Homes have been lost; jobs shed; businesses shuttered. Our health care is too costly; our schools fail too many; and each day brings further evidence that the ways we use energy strengthen our adversaries and threaten our planet.

www.cnn.com...

Added 'ex' tags.

Please read Posting work written by others

[edit on 23/1/09 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

All I can say from this part of the world, is that you look the fool.

Most people in the civilized world know what Bush was about and it was not freedom and security for the people of America.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

The Bush legacy can be defined by one issue: He kept the American people safe from further attacks after 9/11.

How many? We will not know for another 30 years, when those records are disclosed. They cannot be released right now because they would compromise national security.

Just curious but what if in 30 years it turns out that he kept us safe from 0 attacks. We already know that the highly publicized ones have proven to be BS anyway. I am just curious if you were to learn that he actually did nothing to keep us safe and therefor did virtually nothing but watch the country crumble, will you rethink your thanks?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
A non-American's point of view, if you don't mind...

Originally posted by dooper

You can bet he will also be responsible for the next four years while the Chosen One will have to overcome all the legacy of disasters that Bush created.

Funny, though. We weren't hit in the US on his watch, were we?

Let's see how this next Promised One performs.

Because if it happens on your watch, it's your fault.

(Had to bring this up, I'm surprised no-one else mentioned it...)

Who was the POTUS on 9/11? Wasn't it Bush? So by your reckoning was 9/11 his fault? Yes?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those incidents are the problems of those countries. Were they as tough on terrorism as we were, maybe those incidents would have been avoided.

That's an absolutely disgraceful comment to make. I'm from the U.K and we had the same level of warmongering crap that the U.S had. The British public were also presented with fake evidence by our government to make us believe the Iraq invasion was necessary. Blair followed Bush around like a puppy obeying his master's every command, because he didn't want to ruin the "special relationship" with America. We sent (and still send) troops to Iraq and Afghanistan in support of the U.S. We sent suspected terrorists to Guantanamo Bay to keep Bush happy. Had we not done all of these things I very much doubt we would have been a target for terrorists in London or Glasgow. Nor would Spain and all those other nations who lined up to support the invasion of Afghanistan and the highly illegal invasion of Iraq. Frankly, your comment is unbelievably disrespectful to the memories of those who have died because they chose to follow America's lead.

And all of those deaths for what? Almost Eight years later and still no capture of Osama Bin Laden? Sure, you got Saddam, but was getting him really a priority given he had no real (i.e not made up) links to Al-Qaeda or any WMD? The Iraq 'war' is all about profits for U.S companies in the 'reconstruction' of a country the U.S de-constructed in the first place.

I (and I'm sure most of the planet) wouldn't call George W. Bush's presidency a success by any stretch of the imagination. Whether Obama will be any better remains to be seen, but he sure as hell can't be any worse...

[edit on 23/1/09 by sotp]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sotp
That's an absolutely disgraceful comment to make. I'm from the U.K and we had the same level of warmongering crap that the U.S had. The British public were also presented with fake evidence by our government to make us believe the Iraq invasion was necessary. Blair followed Bush around like a puppy obeying his master's every command, because he didn't want to ruin the "special relationship" with America. We sent (and still send) troops to Iraq and Afghanistan in support of the U.S. We sent suspected terrorists to Guantanamo Bay to keep Bush happy. Had we not done all of these things I very much doubt we would have been a target for terrorists in London or Glasgow. Nor would Spain and all those other nations who lined up to support the invasion of Afghanistan and the highly illegal invasion of Iraq. Frankly, your comment is unbelievably disrespectful to the memories of those who have died because they chose to follow America's lead.

And all of those deaths for what? Almost Eight years later and still no capture of Osama Bin Laden? Sure, you got Saddam, but was getting him really a priority given he had no real (i.e not made up) links to Al-Qaeda or any WMD? The Iraq 'war' is all about profits for U.S companies in the 'reconstruction' of a country the U.S de-constructed in the first place.

I (and I'm sure most of the planet) wouldn't call George W. Bush's presidency a success by any stretch of the imagination. Whether Obama will be any better remains to be seen, but he sure as hell can't be any worse...

I understand my friend, I sympathize. I'm from the US and I was taken back by it. Although from what I understand, most Europeans aren't still in the warlike state as the many rednecks here are.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Don't talk the Patriot Act because no one was affected?

How exactly did Bush "protect" America? He did what Israel is doing, made thousands more fanatics eager to attack America and the UK.

You clearly wish to remain in your little bubble, wearing your little rose tinted specs, and you'll never accept the EVIDENCE that Osama was created by the CIA.

It is not speculation that Osama was a puppet of America, it's known. It is also known that several of the named hijackers are alive and well. The official report conveniently ignores this FACT though, doesn't it?
And how remarkable it was that a passport is found to identify a man WHO IS STILL ALIVE after a plane flew into the WTC and everything was destroyed.

How on Earth any sane person can accept the official line on 9/11 is completely beyond me.
At the bare minimum there are plenty of aspects that do not make any sense and defy laws of physics and probability, it requires a complete investigation to include all of these inconvenient facts.

In all honesty, if a person believes and accepts the official line of what happened on 9/11, they are either completely stupid, or in denial.
Neither of which should be acceptable for the memories of those who were murdered on that day. They deserve a full and open investigation by the people of America, to include explanations of how exactly a passport of a living man is found in the worst disaster site on Earth while everything else was destroyed, and how it was used to identify a man who presumably didn't parachute out of that plane before impact or casually walk down the stairs of a tower and out to safety!

I have no doubt that nothing will emerge on this for another 20 years. People are in complete denial over what didn't happen that day.

But eventually evidence will be found, and I am pretty sure that such evidence will show the Bush government covered up what is the largest false-flag attack in the history of mankind. I am certain he knew exactly who was behind it, and he chose (or was forced) to look toward an ex CIA puppet to blame.

Good riddance Bush. You won't be missed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join