It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you, PRESIDENT Bush.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Oh some say he is dead..well we have no proof of that. What we do have as proof..is that Osama Bin Laden is still un-captured after the 7 years of the Bush admin.

But if he would have went into Pakistan to get OBL, he would only be blamed for attacking another innocent country.

We also have the WMD issue with Iraq, where we were told time and time again that Saddam had WMD, they were there, they know they are there, we have to go in and take him out.

yep, shame on Bill, Hillary, Al Gore and other Democrats and Republicans for relying on the same information. Add the other countries who also had the same info.

Remember the USS Cole....

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Agreed. The man's far from perfect, but that applies to all of us. I certainly wouldn't give his presidency an 'A' and would probably put him in the 20-30 range for past presidents, but that's still a passing grade. He did a respectable job under the circumstances, as far as I'm concerned. From this point forward, I think its going to be interesting to learn just what was happening behind the scenes of this presidency and to what extent his actions were justified. I suspect we won't know all of the details for another 50 years or perhaps even longer, but I think history will ultimately judge him and his legacy in a fairly positive light.

So allow me to join in: Thank you, President Bush, for your unwavering committment to doing what you believed was right and was in this nation's best interests. It didn't always work out, but I think the effort was honest. That's more than I can say for a great many of our politicians these days.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Is this thread a troll? Did you hear them at the inauguration shouting "BOOOOOSH"? Don't let the door hit you on the way out. War crimes anyone?

Originally posted by vor78
Agreed. The man's far from perfect, but that applies to all of us.

I know what you're saying. You know how it is, we all have bad days, wake up, start an illegal war on falsified evidence, kill hundreds of thousands, wreck the country, let New Orleans sink. We've all done it. You gotta give the guy a break.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by rizla]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Aye..dont leave out the Reagan era with GHWB who helped create alot of that mess, including Al-Qaeda, that got left over for Clinton to deal with and for some odd reason, did not fully get resolved after 8 years in GWB Jr.'s term.

Now Obama has to deal with it.

Yep..alot to consider.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I realy have to wonder just how those that bash Bush over security issues would have handled the situation. If all the actions of the Extremeists are false flag operations to those folks, I would suggest maybe they should go live in those countries for a while and try to live with the rights you have here and see just how long they would live before being beheaded. Anyone who actualy thinks we are not safer by making it harder for them to use our laws and lives against us is very misguided. When we see the court cases of the Guantanimo folks use up 200 million dollars in lawyers fees only to be released so they can wreak havoc again on people, maybe, just maybe, they will understand that they only use our laws ,not live by them. Thank you President Bush and company, I sleep much better knowing a few folks understand.

Zindo

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

Did you hear them at the inauguration shouting "BOOOOOSH"?

What do you expect from Obama supporters? They were there because they wanted to see Obama.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yeah, Congress was involved with it for only six years and the last two years they just didn't give a damn.

The man even said he doesn't care what you think of him, how is that for a President? As much as Florida messed up with Jeb during the election, it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't bought. Daddy would have been able to help with that too

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Well I think he did a lot of things that we will never know and things that should not be known and still other things I wanna know!

Only history will judge this President

I wonder what people would feel like if in fact it comes to be known that 9/11 was a real attack.

You know if your human you can be wrong
Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
But if he would have went into Pakistan to get OBL, he would only be blamed for attacking another innocent country.

OBL worked for the CIA even when his family was friends with the Bushes, they didn't do #. They looked away fro Afghanistan for Iraq, for God's sakes

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Darky6K

The man even said he doesn't care what you think of him, how is that for a President?

Did Congress care what you thought about the bailout. Hell no. They did what they felt was best for the country whether we all agreed or not. Bush did likewise. This is not a popularity contest and he shouldn't care what opinion polls say.

Google Americans lacking in Government Civics and you will see why Presidents, even Obama, shouldn't care about what people think about him. That doesn't mean Bush or Obama doesn't care about the people.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Well I think he did a lot of things that we will never know and things that should not be known and still other things I wanna know!

Only history will judge this President

I wonder what people would feel like if in fact it comes to be known that 9/11 was a real attack.

You know if your human you can be wrong
Just a thought.

It was an attack, but the fact that Bush did have the information that there were going to be planes used, that al Qaeda was here, and the CIA and FBI did NOT care and he threw the report away says a lot. I went to school for criminal justice, and one teacher is an FBI agent. He knew one of the people who informed Bush months beforehand about the attack.

It was dismissed, and now she is seen as Fox Mulder at the FBI, even when she was #ing correct! Country first? No, partisan politics or selfish gain first

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Loam

You are one person whose views I respect as well thought out and intelligent. Please elaborate on this:

While you credit him for how he kept Americans safe for the last seven years, you say nothing about how he possibly made us more vulnerable to threats of the future.

What do you mean? How are we more vulnerable?

Thank you. That is nice of you to say.

By subordinating the rule of law to a singular interest and to the sole discretion and judgment of a single man, you obliterate at its foundation the primary ingredient necessary for free societies.

History has so thoroughly taught this lesson, that to ignore it is similar to pronouncing water dry.

I'm afraid that what we have done to ourselves as a nation in response to 911 weakens us far greater than the horror we were all made to suffer on that terrible day.

We need to get real about that.

It's time.

Otherwise, we will eventually lose the great legacy left to us by the founding fathers.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by loam]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Wow jso, ok we get it! You love the man! Not a problem. Now please go explain that to the family members of the 911 victims. It will sure be a single issue for them.

The fact that there hasn't been another attack should be answer enough.

In time, we are finding out the truth of 911 thanks to 911 truthers, when really Bush himself should have INSISTED on more thorough investigations if he was not involved.

And what about the other 535 members of Congress who also could have launched an investigato?

You may eat those words one day. And I say that because I believe he knew about it, and LIHOP to justify cranking up an ailing MIC in need of a war. And hey, if we've gotta fight, why try to beat up on someone your own size and get clobbered? Much easier to turn on Saddam and get your hands into reconstruction and oil, while establishing a closer Middle East beach head to the objective: the Caspian Sea.

Yeah, you can count the number of barrels of Iraqi oil we have received on one finger...

No jso, this wasn't a single issue President, and there can never be one. All issues fall under the watch. Your desire to try to extract some good from his Presidency is noble, but you can't just ignore the rest, which is all here at ATS by the cart load.

All I see on ATS is cartloads of bullcrap and hate.

And, ehem, that's FORMER President Bush. *phew*, we made it through. *Wipes off sweat, gets new towel, throws old one out. (Wasn't worth washing.)

[edit on Thu Jan 22nd 2009 by TrueAmerican]

As far as I am concerned, we are currently without a CiC.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

The vast majority of people on this planet do not have the capability to affect the lives of millions of people. I suppose the question becomes, what would they have done in his shoes on 9/12/01? I strongly suspect that a great many of them would've taken similar actions that he did.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Did Congress care what you thought about the bailout. Hell no. They did what they felt was best for the country whether we all agreed or not. Bush did likewise. This is not a popularity contest and he shouldn't care what opinion polls say.

Google Americans lacking in Government Civics and you will see why Presidents, even Obama, shouldn't care about what people think about him. That doesn't mean Bush or Obama doesn't care about the people.

We're supposed to be voting for these (snip) and saying how we want OUR taxpayer money spent. Don't throw our money at a bunch of criminals who lost all the money and are demanding ANOTHER bailout.

You, me and everyone here are supposed to be the government, NOT these career politician assholes who have a secretary for their secretary, who has a scretary of their own. With the Fed losing 1.2 trillion dollars in 4 months and REFUSING to say why because we have no reason to know, gee no wonder people hate them.

It's not a Republic or a democracy, we've become a double-standard, corrupted, empirical anarchy where all the money flows to the top and most people, while compalining about it, feel these men have EVERY right to screw us over.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1-23-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Darky6K

I lived in Florida. Jeb Bush was one of the best governors we ever had. We have a real POS currently.

In fact except for Democrats calling elderly and saying that Jeb Bush was going to "take away their social security???", Jeb would have won a term earlier.

He didn't protest, didn't fight it. But he won a major victory and reelection because he was a very astute, very good governor.

In fact, had Jeb been the President, this entire story would have turned out much differently.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Starred and flagged this thread. I don't flag threads.

I will never forget that amazing leadership and cool restraint that the President displayed on and after 9/11. The man gained my eternal respect. By eternal I don't mean the year or so that most people remembered 9/11.

I told my wife and friends at the time that if I had been in the position of being President, then I would have sent a 10 Megaton nuke right down on the home of Mullah Mohammed Omar and his buddy Osama. President Bush showed that he was up to the job of being President.

Most of you have probably forgotten but Al Gore (the man who would be President), didn't show his face in public for a full 6 weeks. I am guessing that he was afraid that someone would ask him what he would do. I don't think that Al had an answer.

So, THANK YOU Mr. President. Some of us remember.

link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The fact that there hasn't been another attack should be answer enough.

Bali, London, Madrid, Chechnya, Russia, Israel numerous times, the cells in Canada they haven't been able to find. Yeah, al Qaeda was destroyed as Bush said it was. No, in fact all we did was piss even more people off instead of rallying potential allies. Nice move.

And what about the other 535 members of Congress who also could have launched an investigato?

They're just as corrupt and profiting off this anyway. Six years of Republicans and two years of rubber stamp Democrats.

Yeah, you can count the number of barrels of Iraqi oil we have received on one finger...

You never read about the 1972 Oil Crisis did you?

All I see on ATS is cartloads of bullcrap and hate.

He brought it on himself.

As far as I am concerned, we are currently without a CiC.

Didn't the Republicans say to all of Bush's dissidents we're at war and we should stand blindly with the President, and to not do so is disrepsect to the Office? I can spin this around too.

link   
reply to post by loam

I just don't see that that actually happened. He had Congressional oversight, which was employed liberally (no pun intended).

I do not agree that we as a nation have been weakened at all. Remember, these were uncharted waters that we were cast into. The American public was protected and made safe.

Nothing he did cannot be undone if deemed unconstitutional.

But I respect and welcome your thoughts and comments.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
Starred and flagged this thread. I don't flag threads.

I will never forget that amazing leadership and cool restraint that the President displayed on and after 9/11. The man gained my eternal respect. By eternal I don't mean the year or so that most people remembered 9/11.

I told my wife and friends at the time that if I had been in the position of being President, then I would have sent a 10 Megaton nuke right down on the home of Mullah Mohammed Omar and his buddy Osama. President Bush showed that he was up to the job of being President.

Most of you have probably forgotten but Al Gore (the man who would be President), didn't show his face in public for a full 6 weeks. I am guessing that he was afraid that someone would ask him what he would do. I don't think that Al had an answer.

So, THANK YOU Mr. President. Some of us remember.

Yeah, 'bring it on' is a great display of intelligence after an attack

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join