Thank you, PRESIDENT Bush.

page: 1
12
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The Bush legacy can be defined by one issue: He kept the American people safe from further attacks after 9/11.

How many? We will not know for another 30 years, when those records are disclosed. They cannot be released right now because they would compromise national security.

But he was a single issue President. And for this, we owe him our thanks and respect.

Don't mention the economy. Talk to Barney Frank and the rest of those fools for that mess.

Don't talk Patriot Act. None of you were affected in the very least.

Thank you, Mr. Bush. PRESIDENT Bush.




posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky
 




Wow jso, ok we get it! You love the man! Not a problem. Now please go explain that to the family members of the 911 victims. It will sure be a single issue for them.

In time, we are finding out the truth of 911 thanks to 911 truthers, when really Bush himself should have INSISTED on more thorough investigations if he was not involved. You may eat those words one day. And I say that because I believe he knew about it, and LIHOP to justify cranking up an ailing MIC in need of a war. And hey, if we've gotta fight, why try to beat up on someone your own size and get clobbered? Much easier to turn on Saddam and get your hands into reconstruction and oil, while establishing a closer Middle East beach head to the objective: the Caspian Sea.

No jso, this wasn't a single issue President, and there can never be one. All issues fall under the watch. Your desire to try to extract some good from his Presidency is noble, but you can't just ignore the rest, which is all here at ATS by the cart load.

And, ehem, that's FORMER President Bush. *phew*, we made it through. *Wipes off sweat, gets new towel, throws old one out. (Wasn't worth washing.)

[edit on Thu Jan 22nd 2009 by TrueAmerican]



posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Yeah Ok


You mean, he decided not to launch another false flag campaign while he was in office, because he pretty much got all the laws passed he needed to out of the first. Then they launch a financial attack to finish us off.

You are on ATS, get with it man.



posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Amazing how so many people bash an individual who was elected not once but twice. If he was that bad of a President he would have never served two terms.

I also find it amazing that despite all the crimes people have accused him of, Congress never had him impeached. Either they knew he was innocent of such accusations or they knew that they were tied into those accused crimes.

Thank you President Bush for a job well done.



posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Amazing how so many people bash an individual who was elected not once but twice. If he was that bad of a President he would have never served two terms.

I also find it amazing that despite all the crimes people have accused him of, Congress never had him impeached. Either they knew he was innocent of such accusations or they knew that they were tied into those accused crimes.

Thank you President Bush for a job well done.


Yep, mission accomplished!


"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool
me — you can't get fooled again."



posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hey there, jsobecky

I have to say that I think that Mr. Bush did a good job. I cannot even imagine the sheer number of things that we, as normal people, can't be made aware of.

Does anyone out there think that more attacks on this country we stopped because of actions taken by his administration??

Were some of his actions seemingly extreme?? Well..yeah, but who on the website really knows what it really takes to protect a nation?? Almost no one is the only answer that fits.

I was so embarrassed for him when when he got boo'd on Tuesday. No class at all. America shows off is ugly side yet again.



posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321
 


Have you seen Slacker Uprising?

How about Fahrenheit 9/11?

Lots to consider about both of the elections of 2000 and 2004, plus the 9/11 event and things leading up to it and after, plus the information that was available to the Bush admin prior to 9/11 through the Clinton era that got left to the wayside.

I think he did a good job..for what the job was that was created, I dont debate that at all. But I have reservation on giving thanks.

Im not as convinced as some are to be thanking Bush so readily when there are still alot of issues that need to be resolved and what was left to deal with.



Cheers!!!!

[edit on 22-1-2009 by RFBurns]



posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky
 


No offense, but having a continued commitment to the weak assertions you make about Bush's successes hurts the conservative brand as much as anything he ever did.


While you credit him for how he kept Americans safe for the last seven years, you say nothing about how he possibly made us more vulnerable to threats of the future.

Bush didn't just bend a few rules. He fundamentally altered how we govern ourselves, subordinating the rule-of-law to the judgment of a single president.

Of course, he didn't do all of that damage alone.

Congress helped....and the electorate helped.

Let's not whitewash over history and fail to learn something from it.


Just my opinion.



[edit on 22-1-2009 by loam]



posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The Bush legacy can be defined by one issue: He kept the American people safe from further attacks after 9/11.


You can't really prove that. Or, you can say that Clinton kept us safe from attacks for 8 years. How do we know there were attacks that he thwarted?



How many? We will not know for another 30 years, when those records are disclosed. They cannot be released right now because they would compromise national security.


Of course we shouldn't know how and where they might attack us. Of course Bush doesn't want to take credit for stopping these attacks.



But he was a single issue President. And for this, we owe him our thanks and respect.


Great, he's President for 8 years and manages one issue. What about the deaths in Iraq? Do you honestly think the time spent over there has kept us safe (serious question)?



Don't mention the economy. Talk to Barney Frank and the rest of those fools for that mess.


Yeah, Bush had no time for the economy because he was too busy protecting us, his only issue.



Don't talk Patriot Act. None of you were affected in the very least.


Have you read it? Do you live in this country? Do you travel? Do you buy things?



[edit on 22-1-2009 by Parabol]



posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Pardon me but why did you not simply join in sempers thread about Bush?

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns
 



Im not as convinced as some are to be thanking Bush so readily when there are still alot of issues that need to be resolved and what was left to deal with.


I accept that. Yes there are a lot of issues left to be resolved. However, it is not uncommon for an outgoing President to leave unresolved issues for the incoming President to resolve. If you think about it, Bill Clinton left Al-Qeada and a stained carpet for President Bush to take care of.



posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
...

You mean, he decided not to launch another false flag campaign while he was in office, because he pretty much got all the laws passed he needed to out of the first. Then they launch a financial attack to finish us off.


And the grandest part of Bush's nefarious plot was to not only steal 2 elections but then manage to turn so many people against him that he picked his successor, President Obama? So what... he was so good those 8 years that he couldn't manage to keep power? Your argument falls apart, where was the martial law ect ect?

The OP does have a valid point, say what you will about the man and his policies, he did manage to prevent any more attacks on America proper during the rest of his watch. Let's see if Obama can do the same.



posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
reply to post by jam321
 


Have you seen Slacker Uprising?

How about Fahrenheit 9/11?

Lots to consider about both of the elections of 2000 and 2004, plus the 9/11 event and things leading up to it and after, plus the information that was available to the Bush admin prior to 9/11 through the Clinton era that got left to the wayside.

I think he did a good job..for what the job was that was created, I dont debate that at all. But I have reservation on giving thanks.

Im not as convinced as some are to be thanking Bush so readily when there are still alot of issues that need to be resolved and what was left to deal with.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 22-1-2009 by RFBurns]


You do know that Fahrenheit 9/11 is controversial in that Mr. Michael Fat@$$ Moore was accused of embellishing many of his "facts"? The movie was released prior to the 2004 election in a lame attempt to derail the re-election of GWB.



posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by antar
 


Legacy building will require multiple threads. Let them have their say.

Thank you indeed Mr. Bush. Thank you for having the good grace to leave office on schedule. I hope you can find absolution in Texas.



posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by loam
 



Originally posted by loam
reply to post by jsobecky
 


No offense, but having a continued commitment to the weak assertions you make about Bush's successes hurts the conservative brand as much as anything he ever did.


While you credit him for how he kept Americans safe for the last seven years, you say nothing about how he possibly made us more vulnerable to threats of the future.

Bush didn't just bend a few rules. He fundamentally altered how we govern ourselves, subordinating the rule-of-law to the judgment of a single president.

Of course, he didn't do all of that damage alone.

Congress helped....and the electorate helped.

Let's not whitewash over history and attempt to learn something from it.


Just my opinion.





[edit on 22-1-2009 by loam]


Loam

You are one person whose views I respect as well thought out and intelligent. Please elaborate on this:



While you credit him for how he kept Americans safe for the last seven years, you say nothing about how he possibly made us more vulnerable to threats of the future.


What do you mean? How are we more vulnerable?



posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321
 


jam, you must understand. Bush planned 9-11, Bush leveled our trade towers, Bush talked Saddam Hussein into violating the UN directives so that we could invade his country, Bush was on duty when the Democrats applied Affirmative Action to the housing industry which leaves us in this mess.

Bush was responsible for the New Orleans hurricane. Bush was responsible for not getting the dumbasses out before the hurricane hit, Bush was responsible for my toilet backing up, for global warming that caused three hurricanes to hit Florida in one summer.

Bush is responsible for the drop in sunspots, the warming of Mars, the increase of MRSA outbreaks in schools, and it's damn for certain that Bird Flu can be tossed right at his feet.

You can bet he will also be responsible for the next four years while the Chosen One will have to overcome all the legacy of disasters that Bush created.

Funny, though. We weren't hit in the US on his watch, were we?

Let's see how this next Promised One performs.

Because if it happens on your watch, it's your fault.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by dooper]



posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky
 


The Bush legacy can be defined by one issue: The Flying Spaghetti monster kept the American people safe from further attacks after 9/11.

How many? A hundred billion according to records. Said records cannot be released right now because they would compromise national security.

But he was a single issue Entity of Divine Justice. And for this, we owe him our thanks and respect for his glorious noodily appendage that hath touched us and blessed us so that we never got raped by hairy midgets in gorilla costumes.

Don't mention the economy. Talk to Barney Frank and the rest of those fools for that mess.

Don't talk Patriot Act. None of you were affected in the very least.

Thank you, Mr. Flying Spaghetti Monster. Thank you DEITY Flying Spaghetti Monster.



posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
If you think about it, Bill Clinton left Al-Qeada and a stained carpet for President Bush to take care of.


No..actually it was Reagan and Bush Sr. who left us Al-Qeada to deal with since we supported them during the invasion of Afghanistan by the former Soviet Union. We helped to create Al-Qeada and the Taliban.

Bush Sr. could have resolved that too during his 1 term.

So could have Clinton.

IMO tho, I think Bush did not resolve anything with Al-Qeada, he only ruffled their feathers somewhat and they are still out there...especially their leader..the USA's public enemy #1.

Oh some say he is dead..well we have no proof of that. What we do have as proof..is that Osama Bin Laden is still un-captured after the 7 years of the Bush admin.

We also have the WMD issue with Iraq, where we were told time and time again that Saddam had WMD, they were there, they know they are there, we have to go in and take him out. And we found NO WMD. We were not told that we are going in because he has the capability for WMD, which is something completely different from actually having any workable WMD.

Lots to consider.


Cheers!!!!



posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Pardon me but why did you not simply join in sempers thread about Bush?

www.abovetopsecret.com...


Hey antar, judging by the number of threads kissing Obama's @$$ around here why don't you go watch a re-run of the recent innauguration so you can chest-heave some more and quit being a "pocket" liberal on this thread. Or do you really feel threatened by threads such as these?

[edit on 22-1-2009 by sos37]

 
Mod Note: Please stay on Topic – Review This Link.

[edit on Fri Jan 23 2009 by Jbird]



posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper
 


you mean Bush is responsible for making all of those former New Orleans citizens Texans.

And I thought they moved here cause they liked us.





new topics
top topics
 
12
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join


ATS Live Reality Remix is on-air in 24 minutes.
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP6

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def