It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks and Standing Armies: Ron Paul on Glenn Beck

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
That is RIDICULOUS that Congress cannot get information on a possible new world currency. What the HELL is wrong with this picture? Congress needs to get its act together. They are a bunch of stupid jerks. I hate them. At least 95% of them.

/rant.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You might be absolutely right about why Ron Paul didn't win -- but I hope you do realize that it only shows the very low depths the American society in general, have fallen.

Why is that? America was never a place where the "most right" candidate won. It's always been a place where "the most convincing" candidate won.

It has ALWAYS been pretty much a popularity contest.

I'm not sure what lofty heights that you assume American society has fallen from.

I'm not sure why you would try and defend that point -- really isn't something to be 'happy' about.

I'm not defending anything.

All I'm saying is that if you want your man to get elected, don't put out a whiner... put out someone who is saying something optimistic.

Optimism in times of trial is what sells, not someone saying "These guys are ruining our country... we got to stop them and take it back"

Ultimately, that's why McCain didn't win either... his campaign was way to focused on why you shouldn't vote for his opponent instead of why his ways are great.

Also I think you underestimate just how big Ron Paul's campaign was, considering the circumstances.

I saw the voting results. It wasn't big enough to compete. Sorry.

You do know he raised the most amount of money ever in a single day?

That's pretty much just from the online grass roots. Funny that.

And it got him where? Not anywhere close.

You can have all the money in the world, and if your message isn't something that the public at large wants to and can consume, you ain't gettin elected.

That's all I'm saying. The trick is to get a candidate who can capture the minds of the MAJORITY of America and motivate them to vote, not a MINORITY of the electorate.

Lots of others call the Obama supporters blind, and sheeple... but the fact is, they just can't stand the fact that in reality, you have to work all angles... to get elected you can't just come armed with facts.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Hunka I love the way you like to extract yourself emotionally from your own analysis a lot of times. You realize what is taking place and present engaging conversation, but yet can't seem to come to grips with it yourself. Well I suppose it's either that or you subscribe to the concepts you are presenting. Curious fellow you are there mate. I just wish you'd be more clear on what your actual position is on some things, instead of just showing why someone else's opinion may not be wide enough in scope.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
And it got him where? Not anywhere close.

You can have all the money in the world, and if your message isn't something that the public at large wants to and can consume, you ain't gettin elected.

The low depths in which I referred to is the point in which the public at large, began consuming whatever the mainstream media told them to consume. These days people rarely think for themselves -- they listen to the TV pundits, the talking heads, and they let them make the decisions. People are too lazy to stick by their own beliefs, or too scared -- if they still even have any.

There is a general mentality that the American society has developed since the inception of mainstream television -- especially the last few decades. It's like a plague, infecting more each day -- progressively getting worse.

I just can't believe it's always been like that, my eyes see differently.
But I respect your point of view.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join