It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the History Channel get programing ideas from ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I've been watching a lot of the History channel, and honestly I've found that much of the content mirrors a lot of the very same subjects and topics I've found here at ATS.

Tonight for example is a show about Masons, it wasn't long ago that I was reading through threads on that subject here at ATS, the angle to which the television show covers the topic is much the same as the way it is covered here at ATS. there are many other shows on topics similar to more popular subjects here in the ATS forums. I was wondering, is there any affiliation between ATS and the History Channel?

They seem to cover the same topics and general theme of ATS, over the last several months, aliens and UFOs, paranormal, 9/11 conspiracies, mythical creatures, secret societies, etc. and just about every alternative subject that ATS has.

It seems at times as if those in charge of programing at HC are reading through to most popular current content at ATS.

If there is no affiliation with HC, does ATS have any plans to create their own cable network?

Three letters, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, HBO ..... ATS Possibilities?

Rather than inspire others ATS should lead the way.... It would be great television. Hell it is already, on HC, but having it come from ATS would add a whole new fascinating dimension.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I remember back (since '05?) when Spinger and SO were talking about an ATS television show that was in the works. It was supposed to be on a major cable network but they never said which one. As it hasn't happened I assume it must have fell through.

Anyhow... I too have noticed HC's programming and its similarity to ATS' topics. I even wondered if HC wasn't the cable network they were in negotiations with and maybe HC simply moved forward with the concept without ATS. Those bastards!

Dunno.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I actually think its the other way around, ATS users get their ideas from the discovery channel, History, Nat Geo and other channels similar to them.

I Think it would be too expensive and complicated for ATS to get there own channel. Considering users are located all around the world and only a few personally know each other.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iced_blue

You know it could very well be the other way around, however if my memory serves me the history channel has not always covered these more controversial 'alternative' topics have they?

Honestly, if you watch some of the current history channel programing you may see the similarities... You even hear the guests on some shows say things like "Well, the conspiracy theorists say..." then go on almost as if they are reading a post from ATS.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by iced_blue

I actually think its the other way around, ATS users get their ideas from the discovery channel, History, Nat Geo and other channels similar to them.

It works both ways, I guess. But what if a tv programme was made i.e. 2008, and the post(s) on ATS was made perhaps even years before that? Remember to check the date/time for posts...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
LOL . If ATS got it's own tv show, everyone would leave because if it was on the air, it MUST be owned by the government. hahaha

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Yes it would be nice to have an ATS channel on cable, but I think sometimes lack of vision and the thought that everything is just fine the way it is cancels out great ideas.

I have several really good angles on stories I would like to post, but because of all the work involved and the fact that one really gets nothing out of doing all the work, I have failed to post recently.

In short, the site doesn't recognize really good hard work. Sure you get some short recognition from some stars and flags, but nothing really rewarding. If they would allow some kind of reward system, be it just the fact that readers could vote for a really good thread or post to move it up in the listing order, then you would see some great improvement in the quality of posts.

As it is, most of the new posts are by newbies who haven't had a chance to get bored with the format...yet.

new topics

top topics

join