It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2nd Amendment, and our future, in the mirror...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This is where we're headed....unless we stand firm now...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yep, I agree... It is actually common sense.. disarm responsible law abiding citzens, and what you have done is encourage the criminal element...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
"when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" Given the state of mind that the democrats have on guns its only a matter of time sad as that is. Bottom line is that they an ban weapons but they still have to come get em and ill be damned if im giving mine up with out a fight.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
They aint takin my chit away from me mang!!....seriously IMO the gov couldnt pull that here ...the heaviest armed country of the world would not just give their firearms up to some sleezeballs without a fight.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have given this thread a flag and hope to hear from our forum members from around the world after watching this video.

I feel so strongly for the people and the stories and saved it to favorites on my UTube.

Question is how do really maintain our gun rights if the Government bans them? I would hate to see my loved ones , good law abiding citizens like the ones in the video be reduced to common criminals because they refused to turn in the guns passed down proudly for several generations.

I know that the majority of people would do the same civic duty as the people of England did, but I also know that many good people who will not.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I have given this thread a flag and hope to hear from our forum members from around the world after watching this video.

I feel so strongly for the people and the stories and saved it to favorites on my UTube.

Question is how do really maintain our gun rights if the Government bans them? I would hate to see my loved ones , good law abiding citizens like the ones in the video be reduced to common criminals because they refused to turn in the guns passed down proudly for several generations.

I know that the majority of people would do the same civic duty as the people of England did, but I also know that many good people who will not.

I am one of those that will not...
I have the right to defend myself.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
All I can say is everyone has to fight to retain this freedom. Not just hunters. Not just gun nuts, but everyone. Once a freedom is taken away it is lost forever.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What measures can we take to ensure it does not happen? Measures that dont include blowing away the cops and the feds when they show up on your property?

How can we be certain that what has happend to innocent good people in other countries does not happen here in the land of the free and the home of the brave?

In the video the sweet woman says, "learn from our mistake, dont give up your rights and your freedoms as we did."

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by consciousdrum

Yes, I believe they would. Some might do some crazy stuff, but blind obedience that is conditioned into most, as well as the general fear of confrontation. I believe most would give them up quite easily.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

As for measures to keep this from happening,well,we all know that most of the US population did not support the bailout,so they will pretty much do whatever they see fit...and then i guess i go from law abiding citizen to a criminal

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by consciousdrum
reply to post by antar

As for measures to keep this from happening,well,we all know that most of the US population did not support the bailout,so they will pretty much do whatever they see fit...and then i guess i go from law abiding citizen to a criminal

Yes, very true, im sure the amount of wanted "criminals" will be pretty rediculous soon.

IMO, i do not think that Americans will give up as easily, at first many might, but after they see people who defend their rights get butchered, i think many will grow some balls, or atleast a sense of pride to defend.

(btw, is your quote on the bottom from a tool song?)

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yes its gonna happen in US also .
There is nothing we can do to stop it .
The road map is already laid for it. People in my country has become so passive with food and chemicals laid by my own govt

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Let us not only worry about a frontal assault on the 2nd ammendment.. which I am not discounting.. But I feel that the "end run" or stealthy attacks are what to worry about..

For example instead of an outrite ban on handguns state or nationwide, laws are passed that makes it difficult to get certain ammo, or just certain types of weapons, or you can only have a gun in certain places at certain times,ect..

Does any of this sound familiar??? The problem is, is that we are already deep into the same situation as England, we just happen to be a few years behind them is all, but still on pretty much the same path..

I am not a survivalist, nor am I a "gungho gun nut" I am simply an American... Native, as well as a citizen.. and my concern is not just for the fact that " I want to keep my right to bear arms" It goes much deeper..

If "WE THE PEOPLE" Let the 2nd ammendment fall, or be so infringe upon that it is of no consequence, What happens to the 1st??? or any other ammendment??

So weather you "believe" in the 2nd or not, If it can be thouroughly compromised, so can any other...And "WE THE PEOPLE" are the ones that ultimately, have sole responsibility for what happens...

The 1st, has been under attack almost as much as the 2nd, (P.C. anyone?) Same with that one, let it die and all others are fair game

Edit to add, For those that may have a "pet peeve" When I refer to "America, or American" it is the commonly used referance to the "United States of America" Not the northern or southern continents
[edit on 23-1-2009 by SideWynder]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon
All I can say is everyone has to fight to retain this freedom. Not just hunters. Not just gun nuts, but everyone. Once a freedom is taken away it is lost forever.

Abso-friggin-lutely. Everyoen should be pushing liberty all the time. Instead half of this country gets its kicks by trying to kill the rights of the other half. Until we stop doing that to each other we'll all be no better than a herd of cattle.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Yup Bob,my sig is from tool...if they do take the 2nd amend. away and come to collect firearms,i will probably be one of the butchered for my father,who fought for this country,did NOT condition me to give up my rights that this country was founded on...but they better bring the artillery to level my house!!....i gotta say i love this site...alot of smart people here

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I live in PA . I had the day off thurs. past and decided it would be a good day to renew my drivers lic. and cary permit . I got the drivers lic. in about 20 min. or so . When I got to the state offices, I was amased to find a line out the door and around the bldg. About an hour and a half later , I got inside and asked the frustrated receptionist if there was a tech. problem or something . She replied that for the past two weeks or so requests for permits and renewals went from an average of a dozen a week to nearly a hundred a day . I got my renewal , but I had to question myself . Why was this happening all at once ? Was it just the election ? You should have seen the faces on the people , They weren't just tired of standing on line . Do these people know something I don't ?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by prd1

Like your mood is my friend...lock and load!!...was it the courthouse in doylestown that was backed up?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I bet the number of weapons/ammo that are sold this next year will be huge! I see maybe by next year Obama pushes for a new gun bill that is well beyond that limits the old Brady Bill had.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Actually it was in levittown , @ five points . I do not know the oficial name of the bldg.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
In mention of amunition , I purchase quite a bit of .44special . The prices are going thru the roof , not that it's a secret . It is also getting difficult to find. I have been purchasing it on line for about half the price . .38+p is almost non existant 'round here as well .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join